Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Citizen Eco-Drive Women's Crystal Watch $119.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2010 4:54 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16855 posts
5323 upvotes
Markham
CSR wrote: Out the door price in Ontario is $164.69?
chinesedevil wrote: Yes, they'll tax it then take off 50$
it is $142.71 total
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10027 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: it is $142.71 total
I'm talking bout the men's watch, its more than the women's watch. yes the women's would be 142.71 total. The men, however wuold be 164.69
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2239 posts
800 upvotes
GTA
_dc_ wrote: It's not a screw. What you see is a split pin. You need to push the pin out in the direction of the arrow on the back of the bracelet with a fair amount of force. Jewellers have a tool that does this. You can use anything that is small enough to fit into the hole.
Thanks. I managed to use a paper clip to push the pins out. It's a great looking watch and my wife loves it.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2685 posts
1318 upvotes
GTA
mangoman wrote: For the men's strap, I used the thumbtack/pushpin method - held a thumbtack above the pin in the same direction as the arrow that's on the underside of the strap and then tapped it repeatedly with the butt/handle of a screwdriver. Easier to do if you have it on a non-slip surface and even easier if you have a 2nd person to hold the watch on it's side for you. Then just put the pins back in once you've taken out enough links (be sure that you put the pins back in the same way they came out - as you can see one side of the pin is 'split' and resembles a slot-head screw when it's inserted back into the link).

You might need something a bit bigger with a large flat surface to get that last part of the pin back in to the pinhole (like a larger square head screwdriver or a flat-head to press down on it).
thanks for this tip.... i removed 2 links(one on each side using thumbtack and nose plier...)
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
sold out in all ottawa area stores
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)
Oct 23, 2006
49 posts
3 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Women's watch is sold out at St. James and Kenaston locations in Winnipeg.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2685 posts
1318 upvotes
GTA
Dealll wrote: Guys, there is a simple tool to do the job:
http://www.amazon.com/SE-linkremover-ex ... 170&sr=8-1

I bought mine on eBay for $2.
$2 plus shipping also.?? We need this tool if I am in watch selling or repairing business. We can use simple household items to do the job for free. Most stores do this for free if u buy watch from them except costco or online purchases.
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Jan 23, 2005
119 posts
OP, thanks for the post. However, you state that the women's watch has Swarovski crystals. How do you know this? I bought the watch as a gift but can't find ANY info on this watch whatsoever. Even the included materials did not provide specs for this particular watch (only general instructions).

I know there have been some posts about the lack of info about this watch already. Did anyone have any luck tracking down info?
Nov 24, 2002
981 posts
50 upvotes
great price for ecodrive... bought one abotu $300 many years ago...for my wife but today it wouldnt charge... and as soon as it gets dark, the watch would stop :(
Ive put in direct sunlight for many days in summer and stilll wouldnt hold charge... what a waste...
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10027 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
Gotcha wrote: great price for ecodrive... bought one abotu $300 many years ago...for my wife but today it wouldnt charge... and as soon as it gets dark, the watch would stop :(
Ive put in direct sunlight for many days in summer and stilll wouldnt hold charge... what a waste...
why don't you change the battery? i'm sure you can change the secondary battery.
Nov 24, 2002
981 posts
50 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: why don't you change the battery? i'm sure you can change the secondary battery.
Oh is there a battery in there? I thought it was supposed to work indefinitely... no batteries or anythign to charge...
I'll google a citizen store and see if i can get it replaced... that would be awesome because my wife loves this watch and never got to wear it as often as she would like to...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2239 posts
800 upvotes
GTA
powz wrote: OP, thanks for the post. However, you state that the women's watch has Swarovski crystals. How do you know this? I bought the watch as a gift but can't find ANY info on this watch whatsoever. Even the included materials did not provide specs for this particular watch (only general instructions).

I know there have been some posts about the lack of info about this watch already. Did anyone have any luck tracking down info?
In my original post, i included a photo of the watch with the Swarovski pendant. That was from another site that had the best description of the watch and says the following: "This ladies' Citizen Eco-Drive™ stainless steel watch takes a traditional form and adds to its beauty with Swarovski® crystal accents."

Here is the link.
Jan 23, 2005
119 posts
[QUOTE]In my original post, i included a photo of the watch with the Swarovski pendant. That was from another site that had the best description of the watch and says the following: "This ladies' Citizen Eco-Drive™ stainless steel watch takes a traditional form and adds to its beauty with Swarovski® crystal accents."

Here is the link.[/QUOTE]
Hi Riddick, thanks for the link/clarification. The model # is slightly different on the site you posted (EW9530-89E) versus EW9530-54E for the Costco watch. I'm not sure if this reflects a difference in the watch or simply that the first one comes with a pendant. In any case, it's a nice watch but it's frustrating not finding any reference to it on the 'net or even the included materials!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2239 posts
800 upvotes
GTA
powz wrote: Hi Riddick, thanks for the link/clarification. The model # is slightly different on the site you posted (EW9530-89E) versus EW9530-54E for the Costco watch. I'm not sure if this reflects a difference in the watch or simply that the first one comes with a pendant. In any case, it's a nice watch but it's frustrating not finding any reference to it on the 'net or even the included materials!
I just assumed that the EW9530 referred to the watch and the remaining letters were for the "packaging". I felt safe in the assumption since the watch looked the same, and also the fact that Citizen uses Swarovski crystals in other watches.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2685 posts
1318 upvotes
GTA
Riddick wrote: I just assumed that the EW9530 referred to the watch and the remaining letters were for the "packaging". I felt safe in the assumption since the watch looked the same, and also the fact that Citizen uses Swarovski crystals in other watches.
If this watch contains swarowski crystals then they will advertise it with a bang on the box or somewhere in the manual. No reference nowhere make me believe it's not swarovski.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10027 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
Gotcha wrote: Oh is there a battery in there? I thought it was supposed to work indefinitely... no batteries or anythign to charge...
I'll google a citizen store and see if i can get it replaced... that would be awesome because my wife loves this watch and never got to wear it as often as she would like to...
ya there whould be a battery in there, how else would it store the solar energy ;) It's not a normal battery though, you might want to ask around or contact citizen to ask what to use.
Nov 4, 2007
340 posts
Toronto
Priceslasher wrote: sold out mens and womens at pt,claire que> :(
my friend wanted to get one and since I 've got a costco membership, we went - they were sold out in markham east but if u went to the desk where they keep the merchandise, they give u a raincheck for when the product comes in.

raincheck found, just called costco and they don't have any on order :(
Snow Host @ Brimacombe
Days out Snowboarding/Skiing so far: 22
---------------------------------------------------------
08 Roxy Silhouette 155cm Red Gold 08 Roxy Team Bindings
10 Roxy Hocus Pocus 158 cm 10 Roxy N9 Integral Bindings
05 Dynastar Exclusive 10 Spice 150cm 05 Look Bindings
Jan 2, 2006
695 posts
25 upvotes
Oakville
picked one up for the wife at costco Burlington.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)