Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Classic Accessories Wilderness 20 Pontoon Boat - $459.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 3:47 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 24, 2016
95 posts
70 upvotes

[Costco] Classic Accessories Wilderness 20 Pontoon Boat - $459.99

Seems like a great price for all you fishermen out there
5 replies
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2007
766 posts
169 upvotes
oh.... i tell you, do not get into fishing..... or boating...... it's a hole on the hull that needs to be filled with money all day long..
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2003
651 posts
380 upvotes
Langley
ovovov wrote: oh.... i tell you, do not get into fishing..... or boating...... it's a hole on the hull that needs to be filled with money all day long..
My uncle was a sailor and he once told me the two happiest days of a boater's life are the day he buys a boat....and the day he sells it.
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2005
3588 posts
1051 upvotes
Ottawa
ovovov wrote: oh.... i tell you, do not get into fishing..... or boating...... it's a hole on the hull that needs to be filled with money all day long..
I disagree, there's a startup cost like any other hobby (gaming, gardening, etc). Where a lot of people go wrong with boats is not doing the research to shop for a boat specific to your needs (watersports, fishing, lounging, etc). I've been boating and fishing for 30 years and have seen at least 20 people start fresh into this hobby with little headache because of the education they received

Personally, I would not buy a boat like this for fishing. You'll get tired of not being to stand or legs constantly being in 1 or two positions or the fact your not too mobile and if you catch a nice lunker, you lose mobility. There's also the setup and teardown time of inflatable boats, which is much longer than a solid hull type of boat
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 31, 2005
1067 posts
686 upvotes
Waterloo
jsoccerboy wrote: Seems like a great price for all you fishermen out there
It is a good price. We had two, very similar Classic Accessories pontoon boats. They were the Skagit model. They were originally closer to $700 and I sold them (great condition) for $450 each last spring.
shadow_cruiser wrote:
I disagree, there's a startup cost like any other hobby (gaming, gardening, etc). Where a lot of people go wrong with boats is not doing the research to shop for a boat specific to your needs (watersports, fishing, lounging, etc). I've been boating and fishing for 30 years and have seen at least 20 people start fresh into this hobby with little headache because of the education they received

Personally, I would not buy a boat like this for fishing. You'll get tired of not being to stand or legs constantly being in 1 or two positions or the fact your not too mobile and if you catch a nice lunker, you lose mobility. There's also the setup and teardown time of inflatable boats, which is much longer than a solid hull type of boat
I found people who really like these like using them on rivers. They do require some setup and take down but it's not too bad. If you have a truck you don't need to fully disassemble either.

If you check out YouTube plenty of people fix up a transom and mount a small electric motor with a battery. This one already comes with the mount and a battery spot:

"Sturdy 2-position motor mount for trolling (works with 0.91 m (36 in.) shaft electric motors*) with maximum motor thrust of 14 kg (30 lb.) (*Motor not included)"
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 24, 2016
95 posts
70 upvotes
shadow_cruiser wrote: I disagree, there's a startup cost like any other hobby (gaming, gardening, etc). Where a lot of people go wrong with boats is not doing the research to shop for a boat specific to your needs (watersports, fishing, lounging, etc). I've been boating and fishing for 30 years and have seen at least 20 people start fresh into this hobby with little headache because of the education they received

Personally, I would not buy a boat like this for fishing. You'll get tired of not being to stand or legs constantly being in 1 or two positions or the fact your not too mobile and if you catch a nice lunker, you lose mobility. There's also the setup and teardown time of inflatable boats, which is much longer than a solid hull type of boat
I'm a fishing enthusiast who has used a couple of inflatable boats for the past 3 years. They've served me well, but have a few punctures now. I've always wanted to get a solid hull type boat but I'm one of them who don't have the knowledge of what to look for in a boat, especially when buying it used. I'll never feel confident in buying one as there are so many things I need to know, including things like motors.

Top