Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Classic Adirondack Chair - $169.99 (3 colours in stock)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 10:32 pm
Oct 14, 2003
83 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto ON
MRGMRG wrote: Meh - they're $10 cheaper versus other retailers, and even cheaper in store as others have highlighted.

This is why people don't post, too many internet geeks caring about internet points.
Upvote to bring up your points bro! I got you!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2512 posts
945 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Jeez, leave the guy alone. If there was a mediocre deals forum he would have posted it there. Unfortunately, there is not.

I, for one, am moving next week and need some new chairs so it's nice to get them at a cheaper than usual price, even if it's not a great deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1130 posts
610 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
RandomSanity wrote: Jeez, leave the guy alone. If there was a mediocre deals forum he would have posted it there. Unfortunately, there is not.

I, for one, am moving next week and need some new chairs so it's nice to get them at a cheaper than usual price, even if it's not a great deal.
Agreed, the hot part of this deal is that they are AVAILABLE at Costco regular price. Try finding this quality of chair anywhere else for under $300. These are WAY better than wooden chairs, mine have been left out for two winters and are still bullet proof. Even the recycled plastic ones from HD are NOT the same quality.

I have been waiting for them to come back in stock but wife wants the light blue so we wait some more.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1627 posts
1742 upvotes
MRGMRG wrote: Not exactly a "deal", but patio furniture has been difficult to get throughout the pandemic.

Costco has Leisure Line Adirondack Chairs (finally) in stock. Made in Canada, 3 colours available.

Cheers
I saw these too. They are fully plastic - super high quality - not wood. They seem like they will last a long time and zero rotting!!
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
MRGMRG wrote: Meh - they're $10 cheaper versus other retailers, and even cheaper in store as others have highlighted.

This is why people don't post, too many internet geeks caring about internet points.
My comment was not about internet points, it was about posting this thread on the right forum, just like you said... "Not exactly a deal, but...
MRGMRG wrote: Not exactly a "deal", but patio furniture has been difficult to get throughout the pandemic.

Costco has Leisure Line Adirondack Chairs (finally) in stock. Made in Canada, 3 colours available.

Cheers
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7644 posts
4336 upvotes
Debtario
Am I the only one that finds these really uncomfortable and awkward to sit in? Never understood the appeal of these chairs, apart from the scenic look of them at a lake on a dock.

There goes my Canadian citizenship for saying that!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Nov 6, 2014
150 posts
144 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Great find, these have been OOS all summer and hard to find. I even tried through the manufacture in Brampton.
Upvote for posting and ignoring the keyboard warriors.
Jul 6, 2005
119 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Somehow these particular chairs are very uncomfortable. A very unnatural shape for your back. Not sure how they screwed it up. All of our guest have make the same comments -- the look is great, material is great, but not fun to sit in for more than a few minutes.
I agree. We found them to be hard on the lower back if you sit in them for an extended period of time. I ended up buying some small outdoor pillows to help support the lower back which makes them much more comfortable.
Images
  • 9FC10575-5F74-4DE8-9C3D-BBD7B90ADB97.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3005 posts
1831 upvotes
Barrie
M1K3Z0R wrote: Am I the only one that finds these really uncomfortable and awkward to sit in? Never understood the appeal of these chairs, apart from the scenic look of them at a lake on a dock.

There goes my Canadian citizenship for saying that!
Trapper wrote: I agree. We found them to be hard on the lower back if you sit in them for an extended period of time. I ended up buying some small outdoor pillows to help support the lower back which makes them much more comfortable.
We buy these cushions at Home Hardware which fit these chairs perfectly for those folks who don't find them 'comfortable'

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/solid-na ... code=10936
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2245 posts
716 upvotes
Canada
Do these chairs get too hot to sit in when left out in the sun on a hot day?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1855 posts
1440 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I love these chairs. Sold in store for 149.99. Available at the Nepean store in Ottawa.
Aug 11, 2021
10 posts
3 upvotes
Are these chairs comfortable or will your back hurt after a while? They look good tho.
Jul 19, 2012
282 posts
614 upvotes
Victoria
I think they're comfortable but the problem is trying to get out of one after you've sat down in one.

They are hard to escape if you are not so fit.

Perfect dock or porch chair though. Zero maintenance is hot.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1161 posts
1006 upvotes
Are these electro static like the really cheap plastic ones, these are also plastic. I thought real ones are made of wood?
Nov 6, 2014
150 posts
144 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Home Depot sells the foldable version as well. Saw some at Scarborough HD today for 178$. Have been OOS all Summer so YMMV like these Costco ones.
Nov 23, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
Home Depot sells the same bear chair brand chair but under the HDG name. This one is $64.98, unfinished and requires assembly. The included instructions are horrible but a quick YouTube search yields some good videos that are helpful.

I’ve sanded then stained my chairs and am happy with the outcome.

Muskoka Patio Chair - Unfinished White Pine

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/hdg-mu ... 1000718612
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Somehow these particular chairs are very uncomfortable. A very unnatural shape for your back. Not sure how they screwed it up. All of our guest have make the same comments -- the look is great, material is great, but not fun to sit in for more than a few minutes.
Weird....I have no issues with mine. I find them super comfortable and the they aren't too inclined and easy to up from.
Jun 17, 2013
478 posts
212 upvotes
zoomzoom wrote: Do these chairs get too hot to sit in when left out in the sun on a hot day?
Ours are in direct sun all day and I have never noticed an issue when sitting in them. I find them very comfortable. No one who has tried them has complained yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3542 posts
2695 upvotes
zoomzoom wrote: Do these chairs get too hot to sit in when left out in the sun on a hot day?
If they're anything like the dark brown ones I got at homedepot a few years ago - no. There's some kind of UV repellent/sparkle added to the plastic to keep it cool to the touch. Else it would be on fire.
Nov 28, 2013
50 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Can't rave enough about these chairs - They're about as close to a buy-it-for-life patio chair that I've come across. My folks have had these for 5+ years now, they sit by the pool in full sun from early spring till late fall, then are stored in an unheated shed all winter, and they still look and feel brand new.

We're furnishing a house and backyard currently so I very recently went down a poly-lumber wormhole. Similar chairs with the same materials and weight sells for 350+ a piece. Closest in price are these at Canadian Tire, which are a slightly different style and made in Canada, but don't come with the killer warranty. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/canv ... p.html#srp

Might not be technically a deal...but these are a great deal. Thx OP, finally managed to snag a couple for myself.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)