Clicgear 4.0 Golf Cart $300

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2021 4:53 pm
[OP]
Nov 1, 2005
988 posts
118 upvotes

[Costco] Clicgear 4.0 Golf Cart $300

Retail price is $330 and has been difficult to get.

Costco has approximately 300 available online, in store ymmw. I have checked PoCo and Langley and they don’t have any on the floor.
31 replies
Sep 30, 2010
42 posts
14 upvotes
I was at Costco Laval last friday and saw them priced at 280$. About 10 left at the time. Only black.

I own one myself. Great golf cart, once you learn how to fold/unfold it.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1647 posts
661 upvotes
Abbotsford
Had a 3.0 for 10+ years now - works just as well as day 1. Excellent build quality (no idea if they’ve cheapened out the manufacturing process the last 10yrs though)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7310 posts
2203 upvotes
T dot 6
My friend has one and he has the chair accessories and I've been jealous many times.

Edited: I am watching the Caddytek 3 daily hoping for a further reduction from the $190 price. I dont think its as good as the Clicgear quality wise but its very close and comes with cell holder and cooler pouch which are additional accessories with the Clicgear.

https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-caddylit ... 65317.html
Last edited by Jaytee on Aug 3rd, 2021 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Nov 25, 2006
468 posts
268 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: My friend has one and he has the chair accessories and I've been jealous many times.

I noticed the CaddyTek V8 is no longer on Costco.ca which is disappointing. I was watching it daily hoping for a further reduction from the $190 price. I dont think its as good as the Clicgear quality wise but its very close and comes with cell holder and cooler pouch which are additional accessories with the Clicgear.
I have been using my Clicgear 8 which is a 4-wheel version for 9 years and I love it. My wife got the CaddyTek V8 and it's a very good value for novice to intermediate golfers. It's also noticeably lighter than my Clicgear.
Sep 16, 2011
369 posts
349 upvotes
Lethbridge
Not a golfer but I work at a golf course and was curious about these because they seem popular by our members so I researched them, they have a ton of very cool accessories.
Mar 5, 2011
170 posts
140 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: My friend has one and he has the chair accessories and I've been jealous many times.

Edited: I am watching the Caddytek V8 daily hoping for a further reduction from the $190 price. I dont think its as good as the Clicgear quality wise but its very close and comes with cell holder and cooler pouch which are additional accessories with the Clicgear.

I shopped between the CG 4.0 and the Caddytek for a few months. I took a chance in the Caddytek and comparing it my playing partner's CG3.5, the quality is closer than I would've thought. The biggest things you're giving up by going with the Caddytek, imo, are:
  • there are way fewer available accessories
  • the foot brake is less ergonomic than the hand brake on the CG
To me, saving $110+ was worth more than what I was giving up. That's a good chunk of change for another golf item. In my case, that got me a GPS unit. IMO, the Caddytek is 90 percent of the CG for way less money. Even if money wasn't a concern, I would probably still go with the Caddytek.

A quick note about the accessories. The attachment points for the drink holder on the Caddytek is slightly bigger than those found on the CG. You can actually fit some accessories on there, but it's not a perfect fit. For example, I use a CG Cup Holder XL. I have to store it away from the cart, but when attached holding a drink it works fine.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1430 posts
812 upvotes

Edited: I am watching the Caddytek V8 daily hoping for a further reduction from the $190 price. I dont think its as good as the Clicgear quality wise but its very close and comes with cell holder and cooler pouch which are additional accessories with the Clicgear.

I own both the caddytek 3 wheel swivel and the clicgear. The caddytek is ultra convenient thanks to the EZ release (literally a push of a button and you're good to go) and it'sbmuch easier to maneuver on the course thanks to the swivel wheel. Also bought the caddytek chair accessory which is way more comfortable than the clicgear's due to the padding.
The clicgear is a nice looking cart but it's also a nuisance to open and close (it will take 30-45 seconds of bending over set up and pulling/pushing on levers), which is quite annoying when you are in a rush or if you need to get out of the rain quickly. Also the Clicgear seat isn't the most comfortable but it does the job when you need to wait for the group ahead of you.
I used both of the carts over 50 times each and my preference is the caddytek due to the EZ open and swivel wheel. I paid $159 for caddytek and close to $300 for the clicgear and I always recommend the caddytek over the clicgear to all my friends and family.
Oct 24, 2009
927 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver
tfong010 wrote: The best add on for a clicgear is the Alphard v2. Best money I ever spent.

https://alphardgolf.com/products/club-booster-v2
If anyone is thinking getting a new clicgear and the booster, I do not recommend as the total cost would end up par or higher than a decent moterized cart like MGI ones sold at Costco. It is such over hyped especially if you don't have swivel front wheel.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2112 posts
901 upvotes
Brampton, ON
My dumbass thought it was a normal golf cart for $300.
Nov 14, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
tfong010 wrote: The best add on for a clicgear is the Alphard v2. Best money I ever spent.

https://alphardgolf.com/products/club-booster-v2
I wouldn’t recommend the normal Clicgear like this one with the fixed front wheel with the Alphard eWheels as It’s very hard to turn. It’s real good with the Clicgear Rovic with the swivel front wheel though. That combo is a little pricey though. I’ve been using an Alphard V1 for years now and it’s great
Apr 6, 2017
908 posts
1387 upvotes
Alphard v2 is much better than the v1. This is based on the old guys that I play with that have nothing the v1 and v2. I have the front wheel adapter that makes turning easy. I initially had the Powakaddy CT6. It had a cracked led screen right out of the box. It costed more and did not have the remote function.

The hard part will be trying to find it in stock at Goliath.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7310 posts
2203 upvotes
T dot 6
Whoops, I meant to the CaddyTek 3 model which is $240 on Amazon.ca. The V3 is $145 on Amazon.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Jan 20, 2006
37 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
tfong010 wrote: Alphard v2 is much better than the v1. This is based on the old guys that I play with that have nothing the v1 and v2. I have the front wheel adapter that makes turning easy. I initially had the Powakaddy CT6. It had a cracked led screen right out of the box. It costed more and did not have the remote function.

The hard part will be trying to find it in stock at Goliath.
I picked up a refurb V1 from Goliath Golf which has had its internals upgraded to V2. Nice cost savings, and it gives me the gyroscope feature that is the biggest upgrade in V2. The main difference is that V2 has a removable battery, my V1 is a fixed internal battery so I have to lug the whole unit to where I keep the charger. Hardly a big deal.

Goliath Golf may be getting more? Unsure, but maybe contact them to find out.
Aug 23, 2009
189 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone seen these in the warehouses in Vancouver? Curious what the warehouse price is.
Dec 18, 2009
211 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
Today, Beacon Hill location had about 15 units of the Clicgear 4.0, $289.99, also 3 units + display model of Caddytek Explorer V8, $139.99.

Also about 40 sets of the Kirkland wedges $169.99. I might consider buying a set if the price drops since my existing wedges no longer strip the covers off the balls. OOS of the Kirkland 2.0+ balls.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3272 posts
2152 upvotes
Langley
I have the clic gear with the optional seat and it's the best luxury item on the golf course.
If you buy the clic gear and you don't buy the optional seat, then why bother? Just buy the caddytek.