Nov 11, 2013
304 posts
251 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks, order placed with masterpass
Mar 16, 2006
168 posts
54 upvotes
Iron Peak offers bug-free vestibule and better rain protection.
But it doesn’t breathe as well because the fly doesn’t open all that well to catch a breeze. If you take it off, then beware of bombers from above. Droppings will go,right thru the screen and soil your sleeping bags.

We have last year’s model of the Iron Peak. It is big. It kept us dry in a very bad storm off Lake Erie. BUT...it is so large if we had not staked it down we would have awakened in Kansas. It really needs one or two more poles to be stable. The sides of the tent collapse and touch you in very strong wind. The two cross poles are too weak. It can be somewhat stabilized by using every rope provided to tie down the fly. We will buy a different tent next time. Would have loved a Eureka but had trouble justifying the extra cost until that wind hit.
See correction in later post.

baumann93 wrote:
May 14th, 2018 5:25 pm
I am shopping for a tent... Can someone tell me how the Bristol tent is better than the Iron Peak https://m.costco.ca/Coleman-Iron-Peak-8 ... 99794.html

They look identical, besides the colors. plus the Iron Peak has the full fly... Would appreciate someone chiming in.
Last edited by amac on May 15th, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 1, 2006
414 posts
61 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
amac wrote:
May 15th, 2018 6:45 pm
Iron Peak offers bug-free vestibule and better rain protection.
But it doesn’t breathe as well because the fly doesn’t open all that well to catch a breeze. If you take it off, then beware of bombers from above. Droppings will go,right thru the screen and soil your sleeping bags.

We have last year’s model of the Iron Peak. It is big. It kept us dry in a very bad storm off Lake Erie. BUT...it is so large if we had not staked it down we would have awakened in Kansas. It really needs one or two more poles to be stable. The sides of the tent collapse and touch you in very strong wind. The two cross poles are too weak. It can be somewhat stabilized by using every rope provided to tie down the fly. We will buy a different tent next time. Would have loved a Eureka but had trouble justifying the extra cost until that wind hit.
Wow, excellent review. Thank you very much. I am not really concerned about the ventilation issues but the stability is a concern... Do you know if Bristol model has the same pole construction or is it more stable as compared to Iron Peak?
Mar 16, 2006
168 posts
54 upvotes
Just adding a correction. My tent was the Coleman Arrowhead. It is somewhat different Thant the Iron Peak in terms of side window design. It was also 17x10so that also impacts stability. I still suspect the 2 poles of the Iron Peak would not be stable but perhaps not as severe as with the Arrowhead.
Apologies.

As to ventilation, if you’re in full sun, you want to be concerned...

As to the Bristol, the side windows look angled to allow air but not straight down rain.

CTC has a Coleman cabin tent for 199 if that works better for you. It does have a middle pole for stability.

Btw, these big Coleman tents use a door with a flap that can catch the zipper when closing. They work better going from down to up. Enjoy!
baumann93 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 6:54 pm
Wow, excellent review. Thank you very much. I am not really concerned about the ventilation issues but the stability is a concern... Do you know if Bristol model has the same pole construction or is it more stable as compared to Iron Peak?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1899 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
kaisin82 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 12:15 pm
i think checkout 51 has a $10 or $15 rebate for coleman tent.
How do you get this offer? I don't see it in the app. TIA
Dec 17, 2012
954 posts
233 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just FYI..I guess based on the price, this is cheaper it gets... unless you have some alerts setup for amazon "NTK" tent pricing and pick something from Amazon USA ...I was planning to buy one and after checking the price including the masterpass, i was pretty much convinced...however reading the following thread, for now i am bailing on it..and will keep hunting for NTK..

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 2004669/6/
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
473 posts
1113 upvotes
Van Isle
Was anybody lucky enough to get a pre-long wknd delivery date on their tent? My date is May 22 unfortunately.
Jun 28, 2009
728 posts
259 upvotes
ordered monday, was delivered wednesday
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
473 posts
1113 upvotes
Van Isle
Nice. Any quick reviews positive or negative?