Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Coleman Instant Screen House 11x11 $109.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 10:22 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3962 posts
825 upvotes
I don't see This item may currently be in stock at your local Costco warehouse for immediate purchase at a cash and carry price., so I'm assuming this isn't available in-store.

I can't remember and my searching of Costco.ca is not yielding a clear result... do you get 2% on Costco.ca purchases if you're a Executive Member?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1409 posts
551 upvotes
Laval
Not in warehouse...yes 2%
Aug 5, 2018
38 posts
186 upvotes
jcon wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 10:13 am
I don't see This item may currently be in stock at your local Costco warehouse for immediate purchase at a cash and carry price., so I'm assuming this isn't available in-store.

I can't remember and my searching of Costco.ca is not yielding a clear result... do you get 2% on Costco.ca purchases if you're a Executive Member?
Yes you do, I just bought something yesterday without it and it nagged me a few times about how I was missing out on the bonus for that purchase by not being an executive member.
May 10, 2018
53 posts
28 upvotes
Much rather buy from costco incase of the need to return and their warranty and return policies are great. Much rather miss out on the 5.50$ of ebates for more security in the long run
Aug 6, 2009
247 posts
137 upvotes
Markham
Looks like rain can get in along the sides... Has anyone has experience with this?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3962 posts
825 upvotes
shaaazam wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 10:49 am
Looks like rain can get in along the sides... Has anyone has experience with this?
Through the mesh screen?
Aug 6, 2009
247 posts
137 upvotes
Markham
jcon wrote:
Through the mesh screen?
Yes
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3962 posts
825 upvotes
shaaazam wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 10:50 am
Yes
Then, yes, the mesh screen would not be water resistant.
Apr 7, 2007
584 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP. Ordered from Costco and used MasterPass as well. We already have a screen shelter but it's lopsided when set up and has large gaps along the base where bugs can enter. Not to mention it's also a PIA to set up. Have been eyeing a Coleman.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8325 posts
1013 upvotes
shaaazam wrote:
What were you hoping for?

Thanks OP. Bought from Costco. Prefer them over Amazon as a business.

And after the last fiasco from coleman where they cancelled all our orders, definitely not ordering from them directly.
Dec 23, 2016
37 posts
13 upvotes
This design by Coleman is terrible, the elbow joints which are exactly the same design as their instant pop up tent cabin break easily and are in low supply for replacement parts. The joints started breaking on us after a dozen uses.

Read the reviews on the tent cabin (which has been in production for much longer) and notice the joints are exactly the same. Also look at the customer review photos and you can clearly see how many people are showing broken parts.

I find it hard to believe they continue this design with a new product.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-20000232 ... geNumber=4
Last edited by spiderspawnx on Jun 18th, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5455 posts
1194 upvotes
Calgary
shaaazam wrote:
its very liekly that rain would also penetrate the roof, that's why these are screen houses, not shelters... if it doesn't say waterproof, then it isn't. and this listing doesn't mention water once, so its certainly not intended for use in the rain
Jan 26, 2004
259 posts
51 upvotes
Georgetown
T3rry wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:22 am
its very liekly that rain would also penetrate the roof, that's why these are screen houses, not shelters... if it doesn't say waterproof, then it isn't. and this listing doesn't mention water once, so its certainly not intended for use in the rain
Agreed. You can try rain proofing it by applying mixture of water resistant Silicon ( for kitchen Sink from Home Depot) AND some type of paint thinner. Mix it in a bowl and apply with a thin paint brush along all the seams and joints, inside and outside (lots of youtube vides on how to do it) . it also helps in extending the life of the tent/shelter.

anyways, Thanks OP. ordered one from Costco.
Last edited by mackey2001 on Jun 18th, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 6, 2009
247 posts
137 upvotes
Markham
Calm down people... i'm merely asking because the screen mesh protrudes out of the sides, where it is exposing the floor of the tent to rain - outside the protection of the roof. There are tent screens where the roof sticks out far enough so if it does rain, the floor wont collect the rain as much.

Pass for me on that case, but enjoy all you... angry angry RFD'rs..