• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 10:22 am
Jul 11, 2007
408 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
T3rry wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:22 am
its very liekly that rain would also penetrate the roof, that's why these are screen houses, not shelters... if it doesn't say waterproof, then it isn't. and this listing doesn't mention water once, so its certainly not intended for use in the rain
I believe the top portion is water resistant, but the side is net, and slanted . the water can get in from the side in very windy rain storm. but if you cover it with a tarp as rainfly it shall be okay. I had 2 different type of screen house, and one with similiar design has one of joint and shockcore broke in rain storm. and now it is useless. the way it's design, because the joint change angle and direction of the support rod, the load of weight or stress are place on these joints area. the other screen house I does not have joints in the shockcore, and so the stress is distribute across the entire shockcore rod; but it's a bit too small... at 10'x10', it has trouble fitting the most picnic table in provincial park.
this is from Costco, I may give it a try and see how it goes,as costco has great customer support. family members want something that is easy to setup and big enough.
Aug 6, 2009
247 posts
137 upvotes
Markham
HyperTech wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:45 am
Tough crowd lol
Right? Some stress relieving camping might do some of these people good.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5455 posts
1194 upvotes
Calgary
gogozy wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:46 am
I believe the top portion is water resistant, but the side is net, and slanted . the water can get in from the side in very windy rain storm. but if you cover it with a tarp as rainfly it shall be okay. I had 2 different type of screen house, and one with similiar design has one of joint and shockcore broke in rain storm. and now it is useless. the way it's design, because the joint change angle and direction of the support rod, the load of weight or stress are place on these joints area. the other screen house I does not have joints in the shockcore, and so the stress is distribute across the entire shockcore rod; but it's a bit too small... at 10'x10', it has trouble fitting the most picnic table in provincial park.
this is from Costco, I may give it a try and see how it goes,as costco has great customer support. family members want something that is easy to setup and big enough.
my family has owned many of these instant up>pup-ups, if it doesnt say rain/water resistant, 99% of the time it isnt, the rain will hit the top canvas and explode in to a lot of smaller drops, still easily comes through, we have had to put tarps over top some that an unknowing family member had purchased to waterproof them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5455 posts
1194 upvotes
Calgary
shaaazam wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:42 am
Calm down people... i'm merely asking because the screen mesh protrudes out of the sides, where it is exposing the floor of the tent to rain - outside the protection of the roof. There are tent screens where the roof sticks out far enough so if it does rain, the floor wont collect the rain as much.

Pass for me on that case, but enjoy all you... angry angry RFD'rs..
not sur ehow you took my post as angry or agitated, just trying to inform you so you dont make the same mistakes i have...... Maybe you need to calm down.
Aug 11, 2008
878 posts
214 upvotes
Does it comes with floor tarp? Some pictures on amazon show none
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5455 posts
1194 upvotes
Calgary
spiderspawnx wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:13 am
This design by Coleman is terrible, the elbow joints which are exactly the same design as their instant pop up tent cabin break easily and are in low supply for replacement parts. The joints started breaking on us after a dozen uses.

Read the reviews on the tent cabin (which has been in production for much longer) and notice the joints are exactly the same. Also look at the customer review photos and you can clearly see how many people are showing broken parts.

I find it hard to believe they continue this design with a new product.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-20000232 ... geNumber=4
thanks for this, i had purchased one but after this comment i cancelled it, didnt really need it and certainly dont need it if it wont even last a season
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3416 posts
1157 upvotes
Quebec
For those that need water/rain proof, apparently this thing seal everything. Don't know if it work tho. Never used that product before

Flex Seal Liquid Rubber Sealant Coating

14.99 at Canadian tire
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3416 posts
1157 upvotes
Quebec
T3rry wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:54 am
thanks for this, i had purchased one but after this comment i cancelled it, didnt really need it and certainly dont need it if it wont even last a season
Stuff are made soo cheap these days, just enough to hold the time the warranty expire. Then if u have credit card extra warranty, they make it so complicated then u just throw it and buy something else.
Sep 4, 2008
683 posts
90 upvotes
New Westminster
jackie999 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 8:23 am
The 11x11 instant screen tent by coleman
https://www.costco.ca/Coleman%C2%AE-Ins ... 71399.html
https://www.amazon.ca/Coleman-Instant-S ... op?ie=UTF8

FYI, ebates is currently 5% for amazon purchases...
Is this more of sports and outdoor? It's only 1.0%. How do we know for sure?

Edit: it's sports and outdoor for sure. Checked the category break down. So better to order from Costco if u are executive I believe.
Jun 27, 2018
26 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks to OP and all the one provided much needed info about the product.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3046 posts
585 upvotes
Aurora, ON
brclho wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 12:11 pm
Is this more of sports and outdoor? It's only 1.0%. How do we know for sure?

Edit: it's sports and outdoor for sure. Checked the category break down. So better to order from Costco if u are executive I believe.
Thanks for pointing out the ebates 'small print' ..I hadn't read that before but I certainly will in future!

I ordered from amazon simply because 1% is better than nothing (I don't have costco executive membership) and I've found amazon is faster delivery - costco always takes longer for some reason. This is such a 'rainy' year and I think this'll come in handy at Grundy :)
As for instant set up, we take the time to set up a port-a-potty tent..this'll be WAY faster :)