• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 9:16 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2015
89 posts
17 upvotes
Coquitlam

Costco.com declined order if ship to address is a freight forwarder

I've been trying to oder off costco.com since they don't have the item in store anymore and I kept getting a declined order after trying to ship to a parcel company in Blaine. I tried to ship to a household address under company "Ship2Blaine" but they still declined the order. Any thoughts on how to get it to successfully ship?
I emailed their customer support and they said this:

In this case, our system canceled the order because the delivery address is a location that we cannot ship to. This includes:
Freight forwarders / mail drops
Service PO Boxes
APO (military boxes)
FPO (foreign boxes)
A few limited geographic areas in the U.S.

The ship to address is linking to a company called "ship 2 blaine" and they are acting as a freight agent to forward packages. We are not able to ship to these types of address. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
29 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11349 posts
7655 upvotes
Edmonton
Do you have any friends in the states? I had an Amazon package shipped to my brother who lives in California...

Other than that, they're doing what their policies tell them to do.

C
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3585 posts
2142 upvotes
Toronto
Try using CBIUSA in NY or MyMallbox in Delaware.

The latter even has an option to buy the item on your behalf for a nominal fee.
Aug 8, 2004
505 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
I had this same problem a few years ago, it's a shame that's still their policy. Ogdensburg, NY is under a hour away and I would love to order from Costco.com.

After speaking to their management over the phone, it seems that some people were abusive of their generous policies.

So to stop whatever problems were occurring, 3rd party software is used to figure out if it's a "pickup address" or "freight forwarder". The software is good, I'm sure any company like CBIUSA has been marked already.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11349 posts
7655 upvotes
Edmonton
If you google "does costco.com ship to Canada", you'll get numerous companies that claim they can handle this for you. No idea if they actually work. Mymailbox mentioned above has a recent thread with a bit of a saga on it.

C
Mar 15, 2009
181 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty much all the companies in Blaine are flagged by Costco: Hagen's of Blaine, 5Dpackages, 24/7 parcel and ship 2 blaine.

It might be because the billing address doesn't match the shipping address; cross-referenced to the type of business. I know Bestbuy.com cancels orders to Hagen's, but the way I get around this is use a giftcard instead to ship there. Haven't had any problems.

The GC might work with Costco but I haven't tried.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2493 posts
1130 upvotes
Surrey
You could try sending to sumas package express. I had package shipped there from Costco. Maybe even try Lynden 24/7.

Thanks
Oct 3, 2005
450 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
it doesn't work they still don't allow it. their staff don't even know why it gets declined. i spent over 30 min on the phone wondering why my order got declined for them to figure out why.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2232 posts
293 upvotes
North Vancouver
my order with Costco.com was no problem until 09/2017, then all recent order all get cancelled, very frustrated even for travel epass ordered from Costco.com

Are you sure Lynden 24/7 works?
paaji wrote: You could try sending to sumas package express. I had package shipped there from Costco. Maybe even try Lynden 24/7.

Thanks
[OP]
Jul 5, 2015
89 posts
17 upvotes
Coquitlam
I was able to email costco and they said they do not send parcels to an address that has a business linked because they cannot verify the member at that location. That being said, the home that does parcel services by donation for their children won't work because it's linked as a "business"

I've given up on purchasing on costco.com :(
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8516 posts
2301 upvotes
Mississauga
Jessica1906 wrote: I was able to email costco and they said they do not send parcels to an address that has a business linked because they cannot verify the member at that location. That being said, the home that does parcel services by donation for their children won't work because it's linked as a "business"

I've given up on purchasing on costco.com :(
You should give up. Costco USA is different from Costco Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1498 upvotes
michael007 wrote: After speaking to their management over the phone, it seems that some people were abusive of their generous policies.
What kind of abuse?
[OP]
Jul 5, 2015
89 posts
17 upvotes
Coquitlam
antigua1999 wrote: You should give up. Costco USA is different from Costco Canada.
Yes I realize that which is why I said I've given up lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8516 posts
2301 upvotes
Mississauga
Jessica1906 wrote: Yes I realize that which is why I said I've given up lol
Great i thought you needed some advice. lol
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2232 posts
293 upvotes
North Vancouver
Lynden 24/7 works in 02/2018, I tried today it doesn't work anymore :twisted: .