Price:
$439.99
Savings:
$60
Expiry:
August 14, 2022
Retailer:
Costco.com
Comes out to just under $570 CAD. This is not for all but a dual HDMI out AVR under $1000 is hard to find. I missed the 2019 Sony STR-DN1080 BF deal for $600.

Free shipping to anywhere in US. I got it delivered to a border parcel pickup location because it’s 25lbs and too much with a forwarding service.

There might be an issue with warranty in Canada but Costco Canada will refund the item anytime.

This is the same as the TX-NR6100 but without THX-certification.

Costco.com Link

Onkyo Link

Features:
  • HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
  • ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
  • Discrete Zone 2 HDMI Switching
  • 7.2 Channel Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (5.2.2 Channel) with Zone 2
  • Smart AV Receiver with Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora, Tidal, Deezer, TuneIn and Multi-Room Audio Technologies
  • 6 HDMI Inputs and 2 Outputs (Main with ARC, SUB)
  • 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision
  • Dynamic Audio Amplification with High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer
Images
  • 1EE22A88-F509-4625-8CCC-A9B57936A325.jpeg
  • 62C04269-C3D4-4B00-B1A2-06787E0378C6.png
46 replies
Nov 27, 2013
146 posts
179 upvotes
Winnipeg
Do you mind me asking what you use the Dual HDMI out for? Two tvs at one time? TV switching?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17550 posts
9884 upvotes
Ottawa
Does Costco.com allow shipping to package pickup/forwarders? I remember seeing that they often cancel orders because of that.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
5480 posts
5170 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Splashed wrote: Do you mind me asking what you use the Dual HDMI out for? Two tvs at one time? TV switching?
Usually 2 screens such as projector and TV. I’m a bit of a purist and don’t like to pass any video through an AVR just use ARC/ eARC for sound in.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2993 posts
725 upvotes
this or the Yamaha TSR-700 or the Denon S760H, they all like $439, $449 now? I was actually thinking of ordering one, because someone I know going to US and can help me bring back. Thx!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1977 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
+1

I would also like to know.

If it does ship, which company are you using.

Cheers and thanks !
warpdrive wrote: Does Costco.com allow shipping to package pickup/forwarders? I remember seeing that they often cancel orders because of that.
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Oct 17, 2003
436 posts
39 upvotes
Etobicoke
I ordered this exact model in Feb. I sent to cbp and was able to have it forwarded to Mississauga location
Aug 15, 2017
204 posts
360 upvotes
rogerrabbit168 wrote: this or the Yamaha TSR-700 or the Denon S760H, they all like $439, $449 now? I was actually thinking of ordering one, because someone I know going to US and can help me bring back. Thx!
The 760 has problems with CEC but it would definitely be my choice here. Onkyo declared bankruptcy earlier this year; not sure I'd be buying anything from them right now.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2988 posts
835 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
GenX wrote: I ordered this exact model in Feb. I sent to cbp and was able to have it forwarded to Mississauga location
Has Costco changed their rules? I tried ordering the tsr-700 last year multiple times to Cbp/shippsy/nyaddress and my order was cancelled every time.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17550 posts
9884 upvotes
Ottawa
I like the Denons mainly because they support the Audyssey App (it does cost extra to buy), but you can really check and fine tune the sound

https://www.denon.com/en-au/shop/avrece ... qeditorapp

The 760 says it supports the app
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5089 posts
5821 upvotes
Alberta
Been holding out for Denon x4800 or x6800, but the wait for news and release has been excruciating.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4920 posts
1177 upvotes
SK
warpdrive wrote: Does Costco.com allow shipping to package pickup/forwarders? I remember seeing that they often cancel orders because of that.
badass wrote: +1

I would also like to know.

If it does ship, which company are you using.

Cheers and thanks !
Mine shipped and it’s being delivered to a UPS authorized location close to the border. I called ahead and asked if I could ship it there and what they charge ($4-cash). I found them from the UPS.com location finder.
Forristal wrote: The 760 has problems with CEC but it would definitely be my choice here. Onkyo declared bankruptcy earlier this year; not sure I'd be buying anything from them right now.
Onkyo Will Continue As A Major Audio Brand Thanks To Premium Audio Company And Sharp

The biggest issue I have with AVR’s in Canada is most of the brands are handled by Gentec International.
For audio alone they have/control Pioneer, Sony, Onkyo, Klipsch, LG, etc. This means they can set the prices high in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4189 posts
1345 upvotes
QC
Bought mine in Amazon.ca

Final price was 676$ including 3-4 day shipping.

Considering forward shipping or instore pickup would have been expensive for me and other HDMI 2.1 unit cost at least 1000$+tx, I'm happy with the deal I got.

I tried a refurb Denon S760 from denon.ca and the unit was DOA. The Denon onscreen UI looks from 1995. Onkyo has done a much better job there.
Last edited by jfmartel on Aug 11th, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5270 posts
44194 upvotes
bargain man wrote: Has Costco changed their rules? I tried ordering the tsr-700 last year multiple times to Cbp/shippsy/nyaddress and my order was cancelled every time.
I use American Mailbox in Niagara Falls. No issues.
Jul 2, 2014
89 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
THanks OP
The Onkyo has been lower over the past year as i think it was around $350US at costco.

There is a Denon which is supposed to be pretty good from costco

I believe that Costco canada will accept a return from a US costco bought item
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4920 posts
1177 upvotes
SK
velo2k wrote: THanks OP
The Onkyo has been lower over the past year as i think it was around $350US at costco.

There is a Denon which is supposed to be pretty good from costco

I believe that Costco canada will accept a return from a US costco bought item
Yes, Costco Canada will take it back without issues, I asked. Costco’s return policy is worldwide.

I need 2-HDMI out ports so the Denon S760H will not work for me. Finding a 1-HDMI out is easy but still around the $650 mark for a comparable one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4920 posts
1177 upvotes
SK
jfmartel wrote: Bought mine in Amazon.ca

Final price was 676$ including 3-4 day shipping.

Considering forward shipping or instore pickup would have been expensive for me and other HDMI 2.1 unit cost at least 1000$+tx, I'm happy with the deal I got.

I tried a refurb Denon S760 from denon.ca and the unit was DOA. The Denon onscreen UI looks from 1995. Onkyo has done a much better job there.
The only reason I didn’t go the Amazon route is no warranty/return. Were you able to purchase extended warranty through Amazon?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1473 posts
1241 upvotes
I bought a lower model onkyo about 3 years ago and wouldn't touch the brand again. I had a ton of issues with hdmi failing, the first time under warranty, 2nd time out of warranty and onkyo said too bad. I ended up getting in touch with the cdn distributor (gentech) and they were nice enough to pay for the repair a second time.

Then a few months later it failed again. Gentech once again to the rescue but this time they were nice enough to give me a whole new unit because the hdmi board was on back order for several months.

No issues with the new one so maybe the original was a dud. But the lack of support from onkyo turned me off big time, and now with them being bankrupt it will only be more difficult to find support.

Costco makes this a good deal just because they generally stand behind what they sell.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1977 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
There is an option for 3 year extended warranty from Amazon.

OP what do you think will be your final price after tax duty and forwarding it to your address ?

Thanks and cheers!
shopper-X wrote: The only reason I didn’t go the Amazon route is no warranty/return. Were you able to purchase extended warranty through Amazon?
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4920 posts
1177 upvotes
SK
badass wrote: There is an option for 3 year extended warranty from Amazon.

OP what do you think will be your final price after tax duty and forwarding it to your address ?

Thanks and cheers!
From the pictures it says made in Malaysia so this falls under the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership so there are no duties/tariffs. Depending on your US visit or customs clearing experience there will be GST and PST on the converted you paid.