Vizio px65 g1 px75 g1 $1399 $2299 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
USD1399
Expiry:
July 18, 2019
Retailer:
costco.com
Just picked up the p659-g1 from costco in toronto tonight.

Then i happened to find that px65 and px75 is on sale on costco.com At amazing price.

With conversion (Roughly 1.3)

px65 g1 is around CAD 1800+
And px75 g1 is around CAd 2988+

The only problem is costco.com will not ship to canada.

Anyone has experience picking it up from USA?

Not sure if it is worth a drive to COSTCO AT ST Catherine.

Open to discussion and hope this might help someone.
12 replies
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
237 posts
80 upvotes
North York, ON
slayerwulf wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:02 am
It will be duty free. But you will have to pay sales tax at the border.
Ya this is what i thought.

But i have never been to USA since i got the visa for US, and i am not sure if it will be easy to just across the border.

And not sure about if it is worth the hassle to drive there , pick it up then drive back. Lol.

And i saw dell has a even better promo with

1599 with a 350 e giftcard plus potential 10% from rebate website.

But they do not ship to canada too. Lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1185 posts
792 upvotes
sghgigi wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:03 am
Ya this is what i thought.

But i have never been to USA since i got the visa for US, and i am not sure if it will be easy to just across the border.

And not sure about if it is worth the hassle to drive there , pick it up then drive back. Lol.

And i saw dell has a even better promo with

1599 with a 350 e giftcard plus potential 10% from rebate website.

But they do not ship to canada too. Lol.
Hassle worth it? I say definitely a few hours and $60 gas to save $1300+. The reason I am no driving over to get one right now is warranty. I wish costco extended warranty from U.S worked in Canada.
Dec 10, 2017
20 posts
22 upvotes
I can't speak for your neck of the woods but I'm in Montreal and I go through the Lacolle border several times a year to pickup packages at a place called Freeport Forwarding where I have my packages delivered.

Border agents from both side know about the existence of this place so when I come in, I simply say "picking up a package at Freeport Forwarding" and never had a problem. When I come back, I show my receipt to the agent, drive over to the office to "process my import", pay the taxes and I'm on my way.

Overall pretty easy and straightforward and given that I'll save at least 1000$ on the PX75-G1 ordering from Costco.com, most definitely worth the drive, gas and little hassle.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
237 posts
80 upvotes
North York, ON
slayerwulf wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:35 am
Hassle worth it? I say definitely a few hours and $60 gas to save $1300+. The reason I am no driving over to get one right now is warranty. I wish costco extended warranty from U.S worked in Canada.
Thanks. I almost placed the order using to myus address.

But the warranty is a huge concern for me.

I think i will just pass on this.

I currently own a samsung un55ks8000.

And i was just debating if i should buy a new one and give the ks8000 to my parents.

Maybe i should just keep the ks8000 and buy the $498 walmart hisense h9e tv instead.

They are not as hyped of fancy tv as me anyway.

Thanks ya all.
Nov 19, 2002
174 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
What country are these TV's manufactured in?
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
237 posts
80 upvotes
North York, ON
mrspec3 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:24 pm
What country are these TV's manufactured in?
Not quite sure, but i think there should be no duty just sale tax.
Dec 10, 2017
20 posts
22 upvotes
FYI, placed an order yesterday to be delivered to Freeport Forwarding (Freight Forwarder) in Champlain, NY. Order got cancelled today.

Called in and argued with customer service for 20 minutes to no avail. They won't ship to ANYTHING but a residence. Any commercial address won't work.

To top it off, these are not available in store (yet?) so you can't even pick it up directly.

The only bright side is that the deal has been extended to the 21st so I have more time to figure something out.

Will update if I do...
Dec 10, 2017
20 posts
22 upvotes
ekredflagdeals wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 10:32 am
FYI, placed an order yesterday to be delivered to Freeport Forwarding (Freight Forwarder) in Champlain, NY. Order got cancelled today.

Called in and argued with customer service for 20 minutes to no avail. They won't ship to ANYTHING but a residence. Any commercial address won't work.

To top it off, these are not available in store (yet?) so you can't even pick it up directly.

The only bright side is that the deal has been extended to the 21st so I have more time to figure something out.

Will update if I do...
So this is definitely YMMV but I got BestBuy.com to price match Costco and have my order delivered to a store so no nonsense with freight forwarder bans. I contacted them through chat (hard to find url) and the agent confirmed the price match, stayed with my while I placed my order and then proceeded to reimburse me the difference (200$USD).

It says my order won't be available until August 8 but I'm not sure it'd been any faster with Costco as B&H list it as a pre-order so I don't think anybody have them yet.

I guess it can still fail at some point but so far so good!
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
237 posts
80 upvotes
North York, ON
ekredflagdeals wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 12:05 pm
So this is definitely YMMV but I got BestBuy.com to price match Costco and have my order delivered to a store so no nonsense with freight forwarder bans. I contacted them through chat (hard to find url) and the agent confirmed the price match, stayed with my while I placed my order and then proceeded to reimburse me the difference (200$USD).

It says my order won't be available until August 8 but I'm not sure it'd been any faster with Costco as B&H list it as a pre-order so I don't think anybody have them yet.

I guess it can still fail at some point but so far so good!
Glad that this might helped you.

I was kinda depressed by those 3 not good price down vote.

Never understand it.
If this is not good price what is?