Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Cookina reusable grilling sheets 3pk - $9.97 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 3:07 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
488 posts
476 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Cookina reusable grilling sheets 3pk - $9.97 (YMMV)

Cookina reusable BBQ grilling sheets 3pk on clearance at Costco heartland for 9.97. for same price they have 4 pk grilling packets.
Last edited by RFDler on Oct 4th, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
30 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1164 posts
551 upvotes
I've never seen these before.. what materials is this made from?
Sep 8, 2019
136 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary
I've bought these for about $10 at Michael's earlier in the summer
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1645 posts
540 upvotes
This stuff works really well. We use it on our baking sheets to keep things from sticking to the backing sheets.

I bought a few rolls a couple of years ago and cut down to size to fit our cookie sheets.
I've only had to throw one out, since I used it on a hot BBQ.
Mar 7, 2011
263 posts
320 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Does anyone know what the difference is between the BBQ sheets and the oven grilling sheets? Can't find an answer on their website either.
Local Costco (Surrey) has only the BBQ ones on sale
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11731 posts
3099 upvotes
We used one on the BBQ this summer, worked good, but it's a pain to clean, since it is flimsy and bigger than our sink. I found it easier to lay it flat on the counter stop and give it a scour, then rinse it.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1633 posts
1371 upvotes
Ottawa
jackass_ca wrote: We used one on the BBQ this summer, worked good, but it's a pain to clean, since it is flimsy and bigger than our sink. I found it easier to lay it flat on the counter stop and give it a scour, then rinse it.
I have laid it flat, removed as much as possible with a piece of paper towel into the compost, then soak in hot soapy water for 10-15 minutes, and then scrub it with a sponge flat on the bottom of the sink while rolling it.

The sheets have been fantastic for keeping things clean; have used them in the oven and on the BBQ.
Dec 29, 2008
348 posts
392 upvotes
Mississauga
sure they work but are they really necessary when you can just use disposal foil you can also get from costco for around the same price. for foil, you don't have to wash them, not to mention that very likely these have the same amount of life than the whole big roll of foil from costco
Jan 13, 2008
485 posts
465 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
RadioDude wrote: sure they work but are they really necessary when you can just use disposal foil you can also get from costco for around the same price. for foil, you don't have to wash them, not to mention that very likely these have the same amount of life than the whole big roll of foil from costco
This is the exact reason why I didn't buy them. Then I also saw the poor reviews on costco.ca
https://www.costco.ca/Cookina-BBQ-Grill ... 76363.html
Jul 7, 2013
734 posts
1022 upvotes
I've used their baking sheets which work great (the glossy "presentation" one is poor as it shows creases immediately). I'm using another brand bbq sheet and really enjoy it so at this price, picked up a pack - thx for the share OP! Never would have seen them as I usually walk the food aisles.

Lots in Barrhaven locale.

cheers,
:)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9122 posts
2749 upvotes
London
I've seen the grilling sheets and the grilling bags both discounted, and sitting in the discount pile for more than a week. I think these were a hard sell, and I doubt you'll ever see them again, so if you liked them pick up an extra pack now.
Feb 6, 2010
544 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
Costco has silicone sheets as well on their shelves. The Cookina products are made from a different material (PTFE I think).
May 6, 2014
104 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Globedeal wrote: Costco has silicone sheets as well on their shelves. The Cookina products are made from a different material (PTFE I think).
If its PTFE, check out The Devil We Know on Netflix, and then don't buy it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
5165 posts
2934 upvotes
Toronto
Skillshot wrote: If its PTFE, check out The Devil We Know on Netflix, and then don't buy it.
I'd be open to you offering some spoilers. What's the issue?
May 6, 2014
104 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
In a nutshell Teflon was proven to cause birth defects. Anything similar chemically we should assume to be just as dangerous. I wouldn't use those products if you paid me.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5759 posts
2303 upvotes
Debtario
Ottomaddox wrote: I've seen the grilling sheets and the grilling bags both discounted, and sitting in the discount pile for more than a week. I think these were a hard sell, and I doubt you'll ever see them again, so if you liked them pick up an extra pack now.
I think you're right, I've seen entire stacks of these in retail boxes at my local costco liquidator/surplus outlet and nobody is touching them
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6514 posts
2982 upvotes
Bought a pack last weekend - tried one this week with a full fillet of salmon on my gas BBQ.
Results were great with one caveat - it's very difficult to flip a full fillet of salmon - I ended up cutting it into thirds while it was cooking with a plastic spatula (as not to damage the sheet).
Would I buy it knowing what I know now - yup.
Jun 18, 2008
590 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
fruitpunch.ben wrote: Does anyone know what the difference is between the BBQ sheets and the oven grilling sheets? Can't find an answer on their website either.
Local Costco (Surrey) has only the BBQ ones on sale
I was wondering the same thing and couldn't find any concrete answers either. Would pick up a couple if they're essentially the same thing.
Apr 3, 2007
713 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: I think you're right, I've seen entire stacks of these in retail boxes at my local costco liquidator/surplus outlet and nobody is touching them

I know on the side aisles that they have discounted these for 6 something I believe at Thorncliff location.

The funny thing is they have a newer version out on the floor.
Nov 6, 2013
637 posts
404 upvotes
No idea why anyone would use these on a BBQ. Family member bought one for the cottage and as someone who loves to BBQ it's the dumbest invention ever. What is the purpose? It blocks heat, reduces grill marks/searing.. it's useless.