Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Cosequin DS Maximum Strength (Dog Glucosamine) $34.99 (Instore)| 44.99 (Online)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 5:12 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2008
152 posts
107 upvotes

[Costco] Cosequin DS Maximum Strength (Dog Glucosamine) $34.99 (Instore)| 44.99 (Online)

Dropped by my local Costco today (Pointe-Claire) and found that they started carrying this in-store.

I had recently bought a few at 54.99 online so I simply "returned" the extra ones I bought at the non-sale price :)
7 replies
Apr 4, 2009
48 posts
77 upvotes
Does otherwise health dogs need to take this? Or should all dogs take this as preventative measures?
Jan 20, 2007
359 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
orikie wrote: Does otherwise health dogs need to take this? Or should all dogs take this as preventative measures?
It's basically for joint health.
I use it as a daily supplement for my dog with arthritis / hip dysplasia, and I believe it helps somewhat.
Jul 17, 2013
68 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary
orikie wrote: Does otherwise health dogs need to take this? Or should all dogs take this as preventative measures?
I give it to my dogs. I don't bother with the loading dose. Just one a day each as well as a half tsp of collagen powder I get from bulk barn. My dogs are retired racing greyhounds, The senior one was really stiff a few years ago in 1 rear leg and these pills really seemed to help. They still do zoomies all the time. So good for dogs, bad for lawn maintenance.
Jan 31, 2006
589 posts
64 upvotes
toronto
masterlowping wrote: I give it to my dogs. I don't bother with the loading dose. Just one a day each as well as a half tsp of collagen powder I get from bulk barn. My dogs are retired racing greyhounds, The senior one was really stiff a few years ago in 1 rear leg and these pills really seemed to help. They still do zoomies all the time. So good for dogs, bad for lawn maintenance.
Would you mind elaborating on which specific collagen you buy at bulk barn? I have a GSD and I am intrigued.
one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1266 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
My vet recommends this, 10.5 year old Shiloh with arthritic hips. Also have him on CBD
Jan 28, 2014
72 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Damn some people treat their dogs better than I treat myself...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3100 posts
1774 upvotes
Kingston
We give our dogs the standard caplet glucosamine you find at Costco. Break the caplets open and put it on their food. Now the scientific part…there is next to no peer reviewed documented evidence that glucosamine actually affects joint health (the vast majority of ingested glucosamine is excreted quite rapidly), there is some small evidence that it helps with pain, this is why I give it to our dogs. My male dog has supplementary anti-inflammatory/pain killing meds prescribed by the vet.