Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco - 3x4Ft 3/4” Rubber floor mat - $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 11:36 am
Oct 6, 2020
158 posts
249 upvotes
Already saw 3-4 ppl reselling these for $60-80 each on Fb and Kijiji. Pathetic people.

Anyways, using my fake Kijiji profile I already arranged “meeting” 2 people about 30km away from their house :) with them hoping to make a solid $200 in price gouging profits.

It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it.
Aug 7, 2015
202 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is there a way to lock multiple mats together? My fear is that the mats will slip away if I do a squat with my feet on two different mats.
Aug 21, 2013
179 posts
158 upvotes
Kitchener
RCGA wrote: I'm just here to brag about my home gym
RML Rack, pfft, Monster series or nothing. Jks, I only went for the RM4 to get the strap safeties. That's a nice looking setup you have there.

On the odor I got some about a week ago, I left them outside (not stacked) in the sun (what ever sun there was) for that time and then scrubbed them with simple green. They have no noticeable odor now.
Aug 17, 2019
72 posts
61 upvotes
GTA
Niroxu wrote: Is there a way to lock multiple mats together? My fear is that the mats will slip away if I do a squat with my feet on two different mats.
Gorilla tape or screwing onto wooden platform seems to be the way to go.
Not sure how good a base they would be to stand on given the lego-patterned bottom.
Jul 27, 2014
532 posts
346 upvotes
Montreal, QC
teedomo88 wrote: Already saw 3-4 ppl reselling these for $60-80 each on Fb and Kijiji. Pathetic people.

Anyways, using my fake Kijiji profile I already arranged “meeting” 2 people about 30km away from their house :) with them hoping to make a solid $200 in price gouging profits.

you're doing the lord's work, god bless

edit: please do the same with RTX 3080 scalpers, thanks :)
Nov 17, 2015
183 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON
teedomo88 wrote: Already saw 3-4 ppl reselling these for $60-80 each on Fb and Kijiji. Pathetic people.

not all heroes wear capes.
Nov 8, 2005
542 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto

Haha love it!
Jul 4, 2018
29 posts
37 upvotes

Not all heroes wear capes
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2500 posts
1820 upvotes
Prince George
teedomo88 wrote: So are these the exact same thickness and weight as horse stall mats?
They’re the same 3/4” thickness of rubber I believe, but these Costco ones have Lego-like round protrusions on one side. So they would sit a little higher next to a regular stall mat.
Niroxu wrote: Is there a way to lock multiple mats together? My fear is that the mats will slip away if I do a squat with my feet on two different mats.
They’re heavy. They won’t move. But no they don’t interlock.
Jan 2, 2019
20 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
fatpandasneezes wrote: We have similar ones from Costco, that I think are 4x5? That we got a couple years ago for 30 or 40 bucks. They are probably an inch thick at least. We use it for our basement gym, and they've treated us quite well. I would definitely recommend them for a gym.

Here's a photo. There's 4 of them laid out.
Nice setup.

Is that the everlast stand? How do you like it.
Is it super loud with the chains etc.

I went with the standing everlast bag, added ~260lbs of sand into it's base, but I don't like the feedback on it, it moves too easily.
Mar 1, 2017
332 posts
107 upvotes
For basement use, I took a quick look at these in person at Queensway location in Toronto. As stated above, they don't interlock, which is a drag. I feel like the bumps upside down would make for an uneven surface, but there's also the chance it would create an air cushion, which *might* help with airflow to prevent moisture and mold. They're also all black, which isn't the ideal aesthetic for a basement.

My sense is it would be better to get something created for the purpose, rather than hacking this to suit.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3001 posts
3982 upvotes
BC
They're extremely grippy and hefty so they won't move much, if anything they'll shift a few millimeters but nothing major. Gorilla tape the seams is the way to go
Nov 20, 2017
488 posts
337 upvotes

I don't get how some people care so much about what other people do. Someone's trying to make profit? let the market decide if they do or not.. Are you the profit police?
Don't go broke saving