[Costco] Costco 4-Pack 32 Degree Cool Face Masks $16.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 5:31 pm
May 10, 2007
872 posts
143 upvotes
Etobicoke
James Stonehenge wrote:
What are you using as a cloth mask filter?
These:

https://www.staples.ca/products/2982372 ... rs-10-pack
jumpingThrill wrote: Quality and comfort-wise, which one is better? "32 degree cool" or "Tilley"

https://www.costco.ca/tilley-4-pack-fac ... 79277.html
I can't comment on these but I have been using the Tilley ones for awhile now and quite like them. They form to my face perfectly and while it can get hot wearing them for prolonged periods, you adjust eventually. I like the adjustable ear straps on them too. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat if needed.
Last edited by NoFrillBill on Aug 25th, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54445 upvotes
Ontario
It is thinner than their shirt's material so it is breathable.

1st = thin layer
2nd = some space design
3rd = thin layer

153.jpg
154.jpg
155.jpg
156.jpg
157.jpg
158.jpg
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54445 upvotes
Ontario
IMG_2651.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Aug 19, 2004
830 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for the kids sizes. If anyone sees it in York region/gta; I would appreciate a post.

I bought the adult ones and they are quite comfortable. I was using the disposable surgical ones but they fray and aren't comfortable on reuse.

These ones are much thinner. I can't see light through them. And are more comfortable and stay on my face.

Protection level === ??? but I'm an average risk individual for COVID-19 infection...
Dec 17, 2009
621 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
Picked it up today, it is more for small face.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8645 posts
9413 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
dirtmover wrote: You're missing the point. Wearing a mask is about being compliant. As long as the mask looks the part it's fine.
Bingo. So if playing that game just go for max comfort.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Jan 14, 2017
519 posts
265 upvotes
masks prevent people from touching their face, which helps flatten the curve and reach herd immunity.

i never touch the outside of my mask, and immediately wash my face upon removal (i maybe asymptomatic and the mask is to prevent me from getting others sick ie inside mask and my face maybe a covid biohazard). i've heard people that don't understand science or care about their families are risking their lives by reusing the blue masks - these masks are great because they can be be reused unlike the blue ones.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13121 posts
7200 upvotes
Toronto
rgilld wrote: Hello RFDers. I saw these masks at Costco. $16.99 for a four pack. Seems decent value. Pictures provide further details. Saw them at Mississauga South location. Note I posted this not because it is a great deal but because they are available in case people have a tough time getting them.

More details on the manufacture’s website
https://www.32degrees.com/products/unis ... 8485313625

Below link has lots of reviews from the US Costco site.
https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-adult ... 69786.html
if it's anything like their T-shirts, it's very thin.

dirtmover wrote: You're missing the point. Wearing a mask is about being compliant. As long as the mask looks the part it's fine.
here's an example of someone who will F it all up for the rest of us....doing the bare minimum just to be "compliant".

Like the asshats I see in store "wearing a mask" on their chin...with their nose exposed.

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1989 posts
239 upvotes
NB
Has anyone found a mask that works well with glasses? My glasses always fog up with my current masks.
Nov 25, 2017
9 posts
26 upvotes
Nah, it's about stopping people from getting a contagious disease that has killed almost a million people despite unprecedented lock downs.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4703 posts
1538 upvotes
Kingston
JimmyJoners wrote: Nah, it's about stopping people from getting a contagious disease that has killed almost a million people despite unprecedented lock downs.
These masks are obviously better than nothing, but they will not stop covid-19. I'm not saying don't wear a mask. I always wear one, yesterday I worked 2 jobs and had to wear one for 16hrs!

The problem is people think these mask protect you and they don't. And because they think they are safe they don't social distance with it on. They are not being aware of touch contamination etc etc. They are giving people a false sense of security.

Mine is a little better, it has a filter inside, but the only mask that will actually protect you is an n95 mask. Otherwise the virus will just easily go through the cloth.
Feb 18, 2008
520 posts
1016 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: ...

The problem is people think these mask protect you and they don't. And because they think they are safe they don't social distance with it on. They are not being aware of touch contamination etc etc. They are giving people a false sense of security.

Mine is a little better, it has a filter inside, but the only mask that will actually protect you is an n95 mask. Otherwise the virus will just easily go through the cloth.
They do protect you if the other person's also wearing a mask...correctly wearing it of course.

Thanks will take a look at my costco!
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.