[Costco] Costco 4-Pack 32 Degree Cool Face Masks $16.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 5:31 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1580 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
loletifie wrote: They do protect you if the other person's also wearing a mask...correctly wearing it of course.

Thanks will take a look at my costco!
Yes, they will protect you, but ranked low compare to other options. Use these outdoors with social distance.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2008 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
Tha DraGun wrote: These masks are obviously better than nothing, but they will not stop covid-19. I'm not saying don't wear a mask. I always wear one, yesterday I worked 2 jobs and had to wear one for 16hrs!

The problem is people think these mask protect you and they don't. And because they think they are safe they don't social distance with it on. They are not being aware of touch contamination etc etc. They are giving people a false sense of security.

Mine is a little better, it has a filter inside, but the only mask that will actually protect you is an n95 mask. Otherwise the virus will just easily go through the cloth.
What masks are you wearing? I am still looking for a good reusable one to play indoor sports. Adidas masks have been sold out for a while now. TIA
Currently happy customer with Koodo,Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1500 posts
967 upvotes
unless its N95 mask,

rly ur wearing mask so you slightly decrease chance of infecting other people, not to protect urself from getting infected.

only sure way to protect urself is not meeting people and washing hands
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1038 posts
849 upvotes
Markham, ON
kleung21 wrote: I'm looking for the kids sizes. If anyone sees it in York region/gta; I would appreciate a post.

I bought the adult ones and they are quite comfortable. I was using the disposable surgical ones but they fray and aren't comfortable on reuse.

These ones are much thinner. I can't see light through them. And are more comfortable and stay on my face.

Protection level === ??? but I'm an average risk individual for COVID-19 infection...
I too am in the same boat.
Got 3 kids going back to school JK, gr2 and gr4.
Trying to get masks before the school year starts.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2531 posts
1112 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: unless its N95 mask,

rly ur wearing mask so you slightly decrease chance of infecting other people, not to protect urself from getting infected.

only sure way to protect urself is not meeting people and washing hands
Isn't there a recent study showing that wearing a cotton face mask reduces the viral load? Therefore you might still get infected by SARS-CoV-2 but would likely get a much milder CoViD-19 than without a mask.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Jul 7, 2004
38 posts
45 upvotes
Colin0317 wrote: Has anyone found a mask that works well with glasses? My glasses always fog up with my current masks.
I second that question! Does a mask exists that doesn't fog up glasses?
Nov 18, 2007
32 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
at87on wrote: I too am in the same boat.
Got 3 kids going back to school JK, gr2 and gr4.
Trying to get masks before the school year starts.
check your local Dollar Tree, my wife picked up similar mask for the kids.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4853 posts
3211 upvotes
Vancouver
Tha DraGun wrote: These masks are obviously better than nothing, but they will not stop covid-19. I'm not saying don't wear a mask. I always wear one, yesterday I worked 2 jobs and had to wear one for 16hrs!

The problem is people think these mask protect you and they don't. And because they think they are safe they don't social distance with it on. They are not being aware of touch contamination etc etc. They are giving people a false sense of security.

Mine is a little better, it has a filter inside, but the only mask that will actually protect you is an n95 mask. Otherwise the virus will just easily go through the cloth.
Masks don't protect you?

Starbucks Cafe’s Covid Outbreak Spared Employees Who Wore Masks
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... sk-wearing

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3398 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sure that stretchy ear strap will get loose overtime, making the mask useless. My friend has similar mask that looks exactly like these.
====================================
Oct 2, 2019
255 posts
169 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: It is thinner than their shirt's material so it is breathable.

1st = thin layer
2nd = some space design
3rd = thin layer

153.jpg154.jpg155.jpg156.jpg157.jpg158.jpg
Do you have the item number for the kids one? I think your screen shot is for the disposable one
[OP]
Nov 7, 2007
649 posts
356 upvotes
Here you go. Costco item codes: Adult = 1459779, Kids = 1463829. Burlington location has lots of the kids sizes.
k847848 wrote: Do you have the item number for the kids one? I think your screen shot is for the disposable one
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8188 posts
2821 upvotes
Toronto
rgilld wrote: Here you go. Costco item codes: Adult = 1459779, Kids = 1463829. Burlington location has lots of the kids sizes.
Any adult stock?
[OP]
Nov 7, 2007
649 posts
356 upvotes
Burlington has both Adult and kids. Mississauga South only has adult.
Variability wrote: Any adult stock?
Sep 8, 2016
151 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
HoseKopf wrote: I second that question! Does a mask exists that doesn't fog up glasses?
Masks with a wire nose bridge helps to prevent the fogging somewhat.