[Costco] Costco 4-Pack 32 Degree Cool Face Masks $16.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 5:31 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1166 posts
651 upvotes
SW ON
dealisdead wrote: masks prevent people from touching their face, which helps flatten the curve and reach herd immunity.
What? Being infected and recovered help reach herd immunity. Vaccines do the same.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
alpovs wrote: What? Being infected and recovered help reach herd immunity. Vaccines do the same.
Sorry to burst your bubble. No herd immunity without a vaccine.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4060 posts
1313 upvotes
WFH
Swerny wrote: if it's anything like their T-shirts, it's very thin.

here's an example of someone who will F it all up for the rest of us....doing the bare minimum just to be "compliant".

Like the asshats I see in store "wearing a mask" on their chin...with their nose exposed.

:facepalm:
It's amazing how this pandemic has brought out a load of self proclaimed armchair health experts, virologists and immunologists. Go look at what most public health departments regard as a mask. The definition is very loose and just about anything that covers the face works. Or are you telling us you know more that the qualified health officials? :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
dirtmover wrote: It's amazing how this pandemic has brought out a load of self proclaimed armchair health experts, virologists and immunologists. Go look at what most public health departments regard as a mask. The definition is very loose and just about anything that covers the face works. Or are you telling us you know more that the qualified health officials? :rolleyes:
The primary purpose of wearing a mask in public spaces is to reduce the chance of the virus being spewed about on water vapour droplets. Asymptomatic carriers, or individuals who are initially highly contagious before showing symptoms, can spread the virus more easily if they aren't wearing a mask. A basic two layer cotton/poly mask can help somewhat as well in reducing the chance of infection, but obviously it's not as good as a properly worn N95.
Essentially, double bagging is a good thing.
Jun 9, 2018
14 posts
9 upvotes
HoseKopf wrote: I second that question! Does a mask exists that doesn't fog up glasses?
My dental hygienist who wears glasses told me this. For disposable masks, gently pinch the metal bar on your nose, to form close contact on your nose and cheeks. Make sure your glasses sit on the mask. Tried it. It works.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1166 posts
651 upvotes
SW ON
alpovs wrote: What? Being infected and recovered help reach herd immunity. Vaccines do the same.
SammyDavis wrote: Sorry to burst your bubble. No herd immunity without a vaccine.
Eh? Did you read my post? I wrote "Vaccines do the same."
Feb 5, 2009
857 posts
113 upvotes
Thanks op, bought a set tonight, tried them on and they fit me and the wife well. They didn’t move much when talking with them on. The large Reebok mask I have tends to come off my nose as I speak, but not so much for my kids. I also tried to breathe through the mask to see if how much air came through and onto the palm of my hand which was directly in front of the mask And there was very very little that I could feel. Yes, I know this isn’t the most scientific or perfect mask test but it is my test of how much breath the person who is wearing the mask could be expelling Into the air.
So, this is a good enough deal for me. I also have ordered the Reebok , adidas and Tilley masks for myself and the family. they all seem to work well enough in my unscientific test and are comfortable enough for us to wear so we minimize expelling vapor into the air and have a mask that hopefully helps filter any water vapor out.

P.s I was going to use a neck gaiter in the winter for a mask but won’t after reading this... https://6abc.com/duke-mask-study-effect ... s/6364069/
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13071 posts
6871 upvotes
Southern Ontario
HoseKopf wrote: I second that question! Does a mask exists that doesn't fog up glasses?
These ones that say Fog Free or Anti-fog don't, I wear them at work. They appear the same size as retail masks but they stretch wider top to bottom, the ear straps are thicker and softer, and importantly the wire is robust and retains shape over the nose and across the cheeks to prevent fogging. Sorry, I don't know how the general public can get them but there's an RFD thread on where to buy medical masks.

https://products.halyardhealth.com/infe ... ators.html
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
alpovs wrote: Eh? Did you read my post? I wrote "Vaccines do the same."
There will be no herd immunity with this bug until a vaccine is available. People getting sick will not do it. Immunity is too short and not enough people are getting sick.
Feb 5, 2009
857 posts
113 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: There will be no herd immunity with this bug until a vaccine is available. People getting sick will not do it. Immunity is too short and not enough people are getting sick.
Hopefully we get immunity or a vaccine and get herd immunity from COVID altogether, but it seems there may be multiple strains tha t can infect the same person.
So I’m not going to be surprised if or when we find out we will have to have a different COVID vaccine shots like a yearly flu shot that will address different strains of the virus. But hoping this isn’t the case.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5077128
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13071 posts
6871 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dealCker wrote: Hopefully we get immunity or a vaccine and get herd immunity from COVID altogether, but it seems there may be multiple strains tha t can infect the same person.
So I’m not going to be surprised if or when we find out we will have to have a different COVID vaccine shots like a yearly flu shot that will address different strains of the virus. But hoping this isn’t the case.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5077128
I find the Hong Kong case very good news. In theory a COVID vaccine may very likely induce immune memory and lower disease severity in subsequent infections even if a different strain. Along the same line why those exposed to weaker coronaviruses that cause the common cold fair better with COVID.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... sars-cov-2
[OP]
Nov 7, 2007
647 posts
356 upvotes
I have the adidas and the Reebok also. They work fine But are a bit looser. Strangely the Reebok ones fit better than the Adidas one for my daughter.
dealCker wrote: Thanks op, bought a set tonight, tried them on and they fit me and the wife well. They didn’t move much when talking with them on. The large Reebok mask I have tends to come off my nose as I speak, but not so much for my kids. I also tried to breathe through the mask to see if how much air came through and onto the palm of my hand which was directly in front of the mask And there was very very little that I could feel. Yes, I know this isn’t the most scientific or perfect mask test but it is my test of how much breath the person who is wearing the mask could be expelling Into the air.
So, this is a good enough deal for me. I also have ordered the Reebok , adidas and Tilley masks for myself and the family. they all seem to work well enough in my unscientific test and are comfortable enough for us to wear so we minimize expelling vapor into the air and have a mask that hopefully helps filter any water vapor out.

P.s I was going to use a neck gaiter in the winter for a mask but won’t after reading this... https://6abc.com/duke-mask-study-effect ... s/6364069/
Feb 5, 2009
857 posts
113 upvotes
rgilld wrote: I have the adidas and the Reebok also. They work fine But are a bit looser. Strangely the Reebok ones fit better than the Adidas one for my daughter.
Yes, that's what my daughter says too, she is good with the reebok, but she says the adidas is too big.
Jan 3, 2018
118 posts
53 upvotes
Found many of these in Edmonton Costco...both adult and kid sizes
If you and me talk less often, then we might become best friends !!!