Costco

Costco - $49.99 Seville Classics UltraSlimline 102 cm (40 in.) Tower Fan, Grey

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 7:43 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2019
206 posts
386 upvotes

[Costco] Costco - $49.99 Seville Classics UltraSlimline 102 cm (40 in.) Tower Fan, Grey

For those looking for a fan, the Seville classics one (newer model) from Costco is back in stock.

At least 999 units remaining at the time of posting.

https://www.costco.ca/seville-classics- ... 98873.html
Thread Summary
See how the Seville Classics compares to others in RFD Reviews' list of the best tower fans!
25 replies
Jul 3, 2019
312 posts
324 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How does this compare to the old model?
Feb 1, 2009
521 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
How does this compare to a breeze on a cool summer night?
Jan 5, 2012
131 posts
112 upvotes
Asriel wrote: How does this compare to a breeze on a cool summer night?
What is that?
Dec 10, 2007
375 posts
126 upvotes
zordonlx wrote: What is that?
I thought they were quoting Meat Loaf lyrics, but it doesn't actually match up.
Jul 14, 2009
77 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
Do they sell this instore (for cheaper)?
Nov 20, 2017
431 posts
283 upvotes
I think in store price is $45.
Jun 21, 2016
514 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto/Barcelona
Tony98 wrote: I think in store price is $45.
Correcto, currently $44.99 at Costco Richmond Hill :)
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1889 posts
2665 upvotes
Halifax
just returned one today. bought it 3 months ago. Just like all of the other sub $100 tower fans we have bought, they are good for a while but quickly it becomes noisy. Started making a ticking noise a couple months in. For me, these are pretty poor quality.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1295 posts
1728 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I picked one up a couple days ago in store for the guest bedroom. I find that there is a bit of a rattling sound... but it's not too bad and I'm happy enough with it for the price. Definitely not built like a tank or anything.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2980 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone comment on how this compares with the Honeywell HYF290/260BC QuietSet? Thinking about returning that one for this (+ $20 back in my pocket).
Feb 8, 2009
53 posts
31 upvotes
I can't speak to the honeywell but I've had several versions of the seville tower fans for the last 10+ years. They've always been great, and move around the air well.

The biggest concern is knocking them over, so don't put them in the middle of a room where that likely is to happen. I broke one that way but the others have never failed me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5861 posts
1348 upvotes
rural ontario
Infiverse wrote: How does this compare to the old model?
I like the old model better because of the top switch position layout. My new one has also started making a ticking sound from the fan.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Jul 25, 2019
48 posts
68 upvotes
Bought one, as I have 2 other Seville tower fans and have had no issues with them. This is also cheaper than any similar fan on Amazon.
Mar 27, 2010
185 posts
25 upvotes
I got one a month ago and found that last year's version is better than this one. Now, I am on a hunt for a better tower fan.
Oct 29, 2012
103 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone able to get these working with a smart plug?

I’m honestly waiting for tower fan manufacturers to skip the remote (which you inevitably lose or never use) and start adding HomeKit / Alexa / google smart features.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5271 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver
rules4fools wrote: Anyone able to get these working with a smart plug?

I’m honestly waiting for tower fan manufacturers to skip the remote (which you inevitably lose or never use) and start adding HomeKit / Alexa / google smart features.
Nope you are stuck using the remote it comes with or you might be able to do it with an smart hub remote (haven’t tried it but in theory it might work). The easier solution would be going with stand fans with speed switches. Those work with any smart plugs without much setup.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2570 posts
1287 upvotes
Hometown
rules4fools wrote: Anyone able to get these working with a smart plug?

That is why I only buy fans and air conditioners that work with Harmony remotes... I only misplace the harmony remote, I never lose it. Having 3 programmed the same strategically placed around the apartment to run everything helps when one goes astray. LOL
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4661 posts
1417 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
We have one in all the bedrooms and one on the main floor (new version). Cheap, quiet and very effective, definitely a good buy. I prefer the last design better though

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)