Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco - $49.99 Seville Classics UltraSlimline 102 cm (40 in.) Tower Fan, Grey

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 7:43 pm
Dec 24, 2010
405 posts
267 upvotes
Montreal
i have 3 from like 5+ years ago. They have always work great until one suddenly turn on by itself in the middle of the night and make shrieking sound like a mild alarm. All the lights are lit and it does not respond to command. Only way to stop it is to unplug it. Plugging it back in it works normally for about 2-3 minutes then start this again. Worse it turn on by itself unattended and is unresponsive to command and make sound. I think mechanically it is sound, and the shrieking sound is electronic. I took it apart and blow shop air of the electronic board to clean, but the problem recurred.
I think maybe the board overheats or something but I can't fix it.

Writing the company they suggest sending the warranty for a replacement unit, but mine is out of warranty. Too bad, I think it is a good unit mechanically sound, but the electronics is difficult to repair.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1443 posts
1085 upvotes
Whitby
kool_buddy wrote: I got one a month ago and found that last year's version is better than this one. Now, I am on a hunt for a better tower fan.
Apparently with each passing year, the quality is going down build wise. But at this price point there is no good alternative I think. With Costco's 2 year warranty, it's definitely a good buy. I have returned couple of them for noise after a year or so without any hassle. Only thing they are particular about is the remote.
[external link removed]
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
Fries wrote: Do they sell this instore (for cheaper)?
how can we compare a serious question with a ridiculous one?
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
BillyBill wrote: I picked one up a couple days ago in store for the guest bedroom. I find that there is a bit of a rattling sound... but it's not too bad and I'm happy enough with it for the price. Definitely not built like a tank or anything.
we own one for several years. Use it every summer nights. Still going strong, like day 1... At this price (even at regular price) it's a no-brainer
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
Fries wrote: Do they sell this instore (for cheaper)?
YMMV. no stock at all my local Costco's (Montreal area)
[OP]
Jul 17, 2019
217 posts
404 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: YMMV. no stock at all my local Costco's (Montreal area)
Same here. Hasn’t been in stock at our local Costco here in Regina for whole summer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)