• Jan 15th, 2021 5:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1452 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Costco - AAA Beef Brisket Whole Cyovac - $6.99/kg or $3.18/lb

Was doing grocery shopping at Costco yesterday and noticed they dropped the price of the entire cyovac AAA brisket down to $6.99/kg which works out to $3.18 a pound. I know people in the Superstore thread from last week was looking for the entire cyovac instead of the cut pieces, especially if you have a smoker. If you have the fridge space, it's a great price for AAA brisket. They were generally smaller prices in the $45 to $60 range.

At East Hills in Calgary, not sure if it's a Costco West or East only price drop.
IMG_20210111_102559.jpg
64 replies
Feb 18, 2015
257 posts
1233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This pandemic is driving me crazy. I read Sinovac.

Anyways, that is a good deal, thanks OP.
Nov 24, 2020
2 posts
6 upvotes
stephroll wrote: What’s a cyovac ?
It's just the way they seal the meat to remove air and keep it fresher longer.
Banned
Nov 30, 2020
55 posts
39 upvotes
Cryovac may refer to: . Cryovac (brand), the food packaging division of Sealed Air Cryovacking, a cooking technique that uses airtight plastic bags combined with long cook times
May 22, 2007
958 posts
151 upvotes
Has anyone seen this in Ontario? Specifically north and east GTA?
Sep 14, 2009
564 posts
234 upvotes
Vancouver
Was looking for this yesterday in downtown Vancouver - none out for sale.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
This is an insane deal! Immediately went out and checked a couple locations when I saw this post. Too bad none at the locations I just checked, which are Woodbine & 7, and Elgin Mills.

I've been asking about brisket every week, but no sign or indication of any incoming yet. I asked if Calgary locations receiving some are an indication that we could get some out here too, but was told 'no not at all.'

Lucky you Calgary!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jun 15, 2010
123 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: This is an insane deal! Immediately went out and checked a couple locations when I saw this post. Too bad none at the locations I just checked, which are Woodbine & 7, and Elgin Mills.

I've been asking about brisket every week, but no sign or indication of any incoming yet. I asked if Calgary locations receiving some are an indication that we could get some out here too, but was told 'no not at all.'

Lucky you Calgary!
Same! I ended up getting impatient and ordering from World Meats - I was not disappointed (though my wallet was a little lighter for it)
Sep 4, 2007
431 posts
365 upvotes
Seen some at Beacon Hill Costco Calgary
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
fongstein wrote: Same! I ended up getting impatient and ordering from World Meats - I was not disappointed (though my wallet was a little lighter for it)
Interesting, I see they carry AAA. I just started doing brisket this year, and have only tried AAA from Costco, and AA from Loblaws (I think). Costco's was WAY better.

I don't see ordering info on World Meats' flyer for brisket. How much do they charge?

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
Fort McMurray wrote: Too bad I still have tons in the freezer!
That is NOT a bad thing. But...if you've still got more room...it's always a good idea to dilute your overall costs ;)

Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6602 upvotes
Markham
deezz wrote: This is an insane deal! Immediately went out and checked a couple locations when I saw this post. Too bad none at the locations I just checked, which are Woodbine & 7, and Elgin Mills.

Lucky you Calgary!
You can pretty regularly get it at the Business Centre at Warden/Eglinton. Not sure current price right now but it was $8.80/kg not long ago.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3160 posts
1917 upvotes
GTA
I've shuttered my pellet bbq until Spring - what else do people do with this huge chunk of brisket ? Cut into flat and point and freeze one of them ? Cook them how ? Instapot ? Sous Vide ?

Looking for ideas..
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1421 posts
1281 upvotes
You should instead make phone calls before heading out....way easier

Lucky you Calgary!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: You can pretty regularly get it at the Business Centre at Warden/Eglinton. Not sure current price right now but it was $8.80/kg not long ago.
Do you remember how long ago that was? I haven't seen any for two months or so now at other locations. I will probably give them a call...hopefully they've got it at this sale price!
naticom wrote: You should instead make phone calls before heading out....way easier
Yeah I was getting other stuff anyways so no problems asking in store. I like that calling is an actual thing that works with Costco though. I just like everything about Costco :)

Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
flaming homer wrote: I've shuttered my pellet bbq until Spring - what else do people do with this huge chunk of brisket ? Cut into flat and point and freeze one of them ? Cook them how ? Instapot ? Sous Vide ?

Looking for ideas..
We've had a nice mild, pre-polar-vortex winter thus far, so it's been great to continue smoking! Just did two racks of baby back ribs this weekend....turned out fantastic :)

Sep 27, 2007
74 posts
31 upvotes
What's this about shutting down BBQs over the winter? It might cost a bit more in fuel, but longer cooks where you aren't stuck in the elements are amazing in the winter...
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6602 upvotes
Markham
deezz wrote: Do you remember how long ago that was? I haven't seen any for two months or so now at other locations. I will probably give them a call...hopefully they've got it at this sale price!

Yeah I was getting other stuff anyways so no problems asking in store. I like that calling is an actual thing that works with Costco though. I just like everything about Costco :)
I bought two briskets on Dec 22nd for Xmas and it was $8.49/kg.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!