Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Apple Airpods $179.99 (In-store only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 1:29 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB

[Costco] Costco Apple Airpods $179.99 (In-store only)

Saw this at local Costco: Apple Airpods gen 1 for $179.99 . Might be of use to someone.
SKU 2477637
Last edited by TomRFD on May 4th, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
293 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9970 posts
40834 upvotes
So no wireless charging case?
hi :)
May 22, 2014
243 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice find OP! 1st Gen and 2nd really don't have much of a difference anyway.
Aug 22, 2007
745 posts
581 upvotes
Not an apple hater. But I find these things to be so ugly. Never tried them myself, if they work well then all the power to you. Just don't buy for the gimmick of being an identified apple product owner.
Last edited by MrDisco on May 3rd, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
h41t3r wrote: 3wieda4_d.jpg

Not an apple hater. But I find these things to be so ugly. Never tried them myself, if they work well then all the power to you. Just don't buy for the gimmick of being an identified apple product owner.
Thanks for the PSA.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
What is the major difference between Gen 1 and 2?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
Seen these at the Ajax location as well today.
Sep 5, 2005
578 posts
116 upvotes
Markham
bowmah wrote: What is the major difference between Gen 1 and 2?
Newer hardware chip for lower latency audio as well as faster connection times. The Hey Siri phrase also works when the AirPods are on. In real world use, the latency and connection times are really negligible but the Hey Siri feature comes in handy if you use your assistant a lot.

If you can get a gen 1 at a good discount, they're worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1907 posts
1000 upvotes
h41t3r wrote: 3wieda4_d.jpg

Maybe if you tried them for yourself, you'd actually see just how good they actually are. Judging people and assuming that they buy them for the "status symbol" is a terrible way of thinking.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
bernieyee wrote: Maybe if you tried them for yourself, you'd actually see just how good they actually are. Judging people and assuming that they buy them for the "status symbol" is a terrible way of thinking.
I have them and using them with my XS Max. Great product and works really well obviously with apple products. Pairs instantly. Sound isn't the best but it does its job. For this price, it's worth it to get these over the gen 2 ones.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1434 posts
1395 upvotes
Toronto
Saw them at Dixie location today. Didn’t buy. Waiting for series 2 in black. If they were $149 I might have pulled the trigger
Last edited by mcfrugal on May 3rd, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
I have both the first and second gen (bought the second gen when i thought i lost the first one), and I actually found the first gen to fit a bit better for some reason, they seemed more refined.

No noticeable difference in audio.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Aug 22, 2007
745 posts
581 upvotes
bernieyee wrote: Maybe if you tried them for yourself, you'd actually see just how good they actually are. Judging people and assuming that they buy them for the "status symbol" is a terrible way of thinking.
You're mistaken. I said if they sound good, All the better! I haven't tried them and am not judging people at all for using them. My personal opinion is that they are not aesthetically pleasing to me (yes subjective), not that it may not be the case to others. I was just suggesting to people not to buy them for the appeal of being an apple product because everyone knows a lot of people do.. I personally have 3 MacBooks, 2 iPads and an iPhone so I'm not saying apple doesn't make great products, because they do..

I use jaybirds for 'wireless' earbuds and Plantronics/Sennheisers as headphones. Both are great. Not sure how airpods compare, maybe someone can let me know if they've tried the above ? Yes I know we're comparing different types of products, but in the end it's about sound quality.. at least I hope it is ?
Jul 4, 2016
177 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
h41t3r wrote: You're mistaken. I said if they sound good, All the better! I haven't tried them and am not judging people at all for using them. My personal opinion is that they are not aesthetically pleasing to me (yes subjective), not that it may not be the case to others. I was just suggesting to people not to buy them for the appeal of being an apple product because everyone knows a lot of people do.. I personally have 3 MacBooks, 2 iPads and an iPhone so I'm not saying apple doesn't make great products, because they do..

I use jaybirds for 'wireless' earbuds and Plantronics/Sennheisers as headphones. Both are great. Not sure how airpods compare, maybe someone can let me know if they've tried the above ? Yes I know we're comparing different types of products, but in the end it's about sound quality.. at least I hope it is ?
Any chance you would consider changing your user name to h4t3r?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Is this with the wireless charging case or the regular charging case?

The gen 2 with charging case is $219 from Apple...
Dec 26, 2010
70 posts
71 upvotes
Ticco wrote: Is this with the wireless charging case or the regular charging case?

The gen 2 with charging case is $219 from Apple...
Gen 1 does not have a wireless charging case just a regular charging case
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Juni0r5 wrote: Gen 1 does not have a wireless charging case just a regular charging case
So $179.99 1st gen vs $219 2nd gen...both with the regular charging case.