Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[Costco] Costco BF event start now / 65X900F $1998 / Vitamix, Dyson, Sonos, Surface Pro 6, GoPro Hero5 and many more

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2019 11:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2161 posts
2230 upvotes
Calgary
Costco added more product today.

Vizio P55-F1 - $997.99
Vizio E70-F3 - $1019.99
LG 65SK8000 - $1497.99
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 English Laptop with Arc Mouse, i5-8250U - $1349.99
$200 App Store & iTunes Gift Card (E-Delivery) - $164.99
Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Air Purifier - $399
Panasonic Deluxe FlashXpress Dual Infrared Toaster Oven - $139.99
Sony STRDH590 5.2 Channel 4K HDR AV Receiver - $278
Nikon cameras and many more.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Jul 28, 2010
526 posts
204 upvotes
humansoul wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 6:48 am
Anyone know if the wiper blades are the same they sell in-store? Wondering if it's cheaper too vs online
In store they have Michelin Stealth currently $7 after $3 off. I'm in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
4151 posts
224 upvotes
Laval
Can anyone comment on the Vizio E70-F3 in terms of quality? Seems to be cheaper than the D series and considerably less than the next 70" from other manufacturers. I currently have a 65" Vizio D650i-C3 bought in 2015 and I'm looking for an upgrade to 4K and larger size.
Last edited by direct-x on Nov 23rd, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 3, 2007
9 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone has a Vizio P55-F1 TV? I read a review online that it lags but from rting reviews it's very good.
Aug 23, 2001
260 posts
179 upvotes
NS
trini wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:44 am
Hows that price for the gopro?
Seems to be a very good price, especially if you can take advantage of the masterpass promotion for $20 off.
I ordered one.
Mar 23, 2008
103 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
cotton wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:40 am
Took this pic of the Dyson V8 Total Clean box @ Costco few days ago.
I compared this to Best Buy's V8 Animal what's in the box pictures/description (near bottom of page) - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dy ... 23156.aspx?
Looks like Costco's model has an extra "Extension hose" (value $23.99 on dysoncanada.ca).

Just ordered mine online $559.99 - $150 off - $20 masterpass = $389.99!
In-store price was $549.99 few days ago (shd still be the same today) - $150 off = $399.99 - so same as V8 Animal Black Friday prices everywhere and you get Costco's no hassle return policy!
AVOID the V8. Tons of them get returned, my brother works at Costco. The problem with them is #1 Battery dies after 1-2 years. The battery life is 8 min tops on Highest power. The 40 min Battery life rating for for the low setting. Also the battery is not detachable, it's screwed in and can be removed when buying a replacement battery which costs $85-90 CDN
Regarding how dyson comes up with battery life time, they failed to make clear that the 40 minute claim only applies when using certain peripheral tools, like the crevice tool on low power. With the Floor cleaning tool on low power it only lasts 25 min

I wanted to get a V10 or V8 really bad cause I love the idea of a Portable Dyson but it looks like planned obsolescence was built into it. Just go over to reddit, or youtube Reviews.

Also Remember many of the reviews you will read are from people that buy it, use it for 1 week or 1 month. So you don't hear of of the problems. Go read the reviews of people that have owned it for well over 1 year and you will see they are not happy campers.

Now since you are buying from Costco if things go bad you can always return it.
Last edited by Nightingale on Nov 23rd, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feb 20, 2004
641 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
Picked it up. I'll be setting it up tomorrow and see how good it is.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2215 posts
838 upvotes
Sudbury
Bought the Dyson today....figured if shit goes bad...Costco has my back!
Mar 23, 2008
103 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
kanewtz wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:27 pm
Bought the Dyson today....figured if shit goes bad...Costco has my back!
It's not really just that. You are paying $450 for a cheaply built portable vacum. That is crazy!!! I mean If they would at least sell the V10 for that price I could stomach it.

The markup on Dyson's are insane. Even at a 50% discount the store is still making good profit. Dyson is the apple of Vacums. It's proof that Ascetics are a powerful motivator. The Dyson look gives people the impression of a clean, modern, sophisticated and high technological look which helps with the acceptance of it's high price. If Dyson had initially started out with a low price point people wouldn't be as interested in it. It's the fact that it's always expensive helps to reinforced it's marketing perception. You should look at the Youtube videos of a Dyson Vacum Tear down, You would be disgusted how cheaply they are built. Plus the motors in them aren't even made by Dyson anymore. They contract them out. Old Dyson's from the 90's to 2005 were made by Dyson.

I know so many people that Buy the v8 or the bigball canister from Costco, use it for a couple of months to a year, some use it for 2 years(no Joke) and then take it back, You know why? they realize it's not worth the $450 you paid for the V8 or the MSRP $621 with tax. I am gobsmacked that anyone would pay $621

My advice Use your V8 for 1 year and when you get tired of it and mad that you paid so much, get a refund. My wife bought the V8 today. She came home and said look honey it was on sale and so I had to break her heart. I told her she can keep it for 1 year and then get a refund at Costco after the battery life is cooked. Hopefully she will want to take it back after a month.
Oct 11, 2015
203 posts
54 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Nightingale wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 4:56 pm
It's not really just that. You are paying $450 for a cheaply built portable vacum. That is crazy!!! I mean If they would at least sell the V10 for that price I could stomach it.

The markup on Dyson's are insane. Even at a 50% discount the store is still making good profit. Dyson is the apple of Vacums. It's proof that Ascetics are a powerful motivator. The Dyson look gives people the impression of a clean, modern, sophisticated and high technological look which helps with the acceptance of it's high price. If Dyson had initially started out with a low price point people wouldn't be as interested in it. It's the fact that it's always expensive helps to reinforced it's marketing perception. You should look at the Youtube videos of a Dyson Vacum Tear down, You would be disgusted how cheaply they are built. Plus the motors in them aren't even made by Dyson anymore. They contract them out. Old Dyson's from the 90's to 2005 were made by Dyson.

I know so many people that Buy the v8 or the bigball canister from Costco, use it for a couple of months to a year, some use it for 2 years(no Joke) and then take it back, You know why? they realize it's not worth the $450 you paid for the V8 or the MSRP $621 with tax. I am gobsmacked that anyone would pay $621

My advice Use your V8 for 1 year and when you get tired of it and mad that you paid so much, get a refund. My wife bought the V8 today. She came home and said look honey it was on sale and so I had to break her heart. I told her she can keep it for 1 year and then get a refund at Costco after the battery life is cooked. Hopefully she will want to take it back after a month.
I am always under the impression all electronics only have a 90 days return period at costco? And vacuum should be under electronics no?
Mar 23, 2008
103 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Ok so you are correct but, People still take them back after 1 year and they accept. I will pull up the Reddit thread about it or maybe it was here. Basically Costco can't refuse your return unless a manager get's involved and says no. The only thing they can refuse are Christmas tress.

You just go back to Customer returns and say the vacuum is dead or malfunctioning, it's a piece of shit etc.... They see on the receipt or just give them your membership they have it recorded on there system when you bought it you technically don't even need a receipt since when they scan the box the barcode matches the same Vacum you bought with your membership.