Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca - 26" Mountain Bike $149.97 - OOS

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 9:18 am
Dec 13, 2016
115 posts
198 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca - 26" Mountain Bike $149.97 - OOS

First post - let me know if I've missed anything...

Noticed this bike at what looks like a clearance price at costco.ca for $149.97. Two frame sizes, although I'm not sure how well their suggested heights match up with the frame sizes listed. (My wife has an 18" frame on her existing bike that fits her well, but they suggest a 16" for her height)

I know this isn't a high end bike, but it looks like decent components for a casual rider who doesn't want to spend a ton of coin. I picked up a different model Infinity bike last year from Costco.ca for my 15 year old son, and it is of good build quality, and I was happy paying $300 for it last year.
Last edited by Justgimeasec on Feb 20th, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
77 replies
Dec 13, 2016
115 posts
198 upvotes
16" or 18" is the length between the crank and the lowest seat height - that the frame measurement.

26" wheel is full adult size bike. 16" or 18" wheel would be kids bike.

Rider height for this bike ranges from 5'5" to 6'1", depending in what frame you choose.

This reply is in response to a post that stated this was a kids bike...
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1557 upvotes
For an aluminum bike this is a good deal. I'm 6'2" so I might be slightly too tall, but whatever.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2008
1185 posts
1288 upvotes
djpr wrote: For an aluminum bike this is a good deal. I'm 6'2" so I might be slightly too tall, but whatever.
your picture made me do a double take lol
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1557 upvotes
cbr600 wrote: your picture made me do a double take lol

Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
does the smallest frame size (16") fit someone who is 5'3"?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Sounds like a good deal. Assume 5'7" wife would need small 16" model?
Dec 13, 2016
115 posts
198 upvotes
Only frame of reference I can give you is this - my wife is 5'7", and her current bike is an 18" frame, but the seat isn't at it's lowest height.

You can always hit a brick and mortar store and test a few frames out...
Dec 13, 2016
115 posts
198 upvotes
Carbo wrote: Sounds like a good deal. Assume 5'7" wife would need small 16" model?
I ordered 18" frame for my 5'7" wife as that is her current bike's frame size.
Jul 10, 2006
441 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I remember Costco bikes were $250+ last year. So $150 for an adult bike is a good price. The components are much better than the cheaper bikes at Walmart -- you are now getting Alloy wheel and brakes, plus you are getting Shimano components. Free shipping. I wonder if it's even cheaper in-store.
Dec 13, 2016
115 posts
198 upvotes
pocket1 wrote: I remember Costco bikes were $250+ last year. So $150 for an adult bike is a good price. The components are much better than the cheaper bikes at Walmart -- you are now getting Alloy wheel and brakes, plus you are getting Shimano components. Free shipping. I wonder if it's even cheaper in-store.
I looked for a comparable low end bike from their online selection in store for a month or so last year and didn't see much. Most in store bikes I found were $300+, and I think I hit every Costco in the western end of GTHA.

Plus I actually prefer to build it myself. I built bikes in retail stores for many years, and the skill level was all over the place.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6687 upvotes
Toronto
Justgimeasec wrote: I looked for a comparable low end bike from their online selection in store for a month or so last year and didn't see much. Most in store bikes I found were $300+, and I think I hit every Costco in the western end of GTHA.

Plus I actually prefer to build it myself. I built bikes in retail stores for many years, and the skill level was all over the place.
I've never built a bike before.....am I better off taking it to a retail store or is it a fairly straightforward process?
Koodo Mobile
Dec 13, 2016
115 posts
198 upvotes
Said212 wrote: I've never built a bike before.....am I better off taking it to a retail store or is it a fairly straightforward process?
The basics are simple - seat, handlebars, pedals, front tire. The difficult part is adjusting gears and brakes, and then readjusting then after a few weeks of riding as the cables stretch out.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
So local Costco store can do the free installation?
Apr 17, 2006
190 posts
106 upvotes
small frame for my wife per the spec... not sure if she will like it though. I know she is looking for something for ladies.

Dimensions (L x W x H):
Small frame: Rider height 165.1 cm to 177.8 cm (5 ft.5 in. to 5 ft.10 in.)
Medium frame: Rider height 175.3 cm to 185.4 cm (5 ft.9 in. to 6 ft.1 in.)
Weight: 16.1 kg (35.5 lb.)
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1590 posts
91 upvotes
Maple
raccoon wrote: So local Costco store can do the free installation?
I doubt that. You'd have to assemble yourself, which should be relatively easy.

Thanks for posting OP, got one for my son.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1442 posts
1406 upvotes
Most bike sizing charts like this one say that at 5' 7", like my wife (and apparently the preponderance of female spouses everywhere :)) , falls right in the middle of 16" and 18" frame measurements. But the sizing chart of the manufacturer, goes by (what I assume to be) inseam, and so with a 32" inseam, my wife would need a 19.5" frame?!?! There we go, clear as mud.

I'm tempted to go with the 18" frame as most of the posters here with wives of similar height have done, but I'm curious about the downside of this, specifically, I can understand the problems caused by the frame being too big, but what issues would there be if it was too small (by 2")?
Beep\Bop\Boop
Jan 11, 2013
133 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody know what kind of discount $149 represents on the original price at Costco?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)