[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1260 posts
2795 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Costco] Costco.ca: 32 Degrees 3-layered Masks 8-pack [$19.97] [Online only]

ONLINE ONLY - limit of 5 units per customer

3-LAYER FABRIC CONSTRUCTION: This mask is made using a special double-knit fabric construction, which allows this single piece of fabric to have a 3-layer structure, consisting of a top and bottom layer of high-density performance fabric, knitted together by a connecting layer of ultra-fine yarns. This creates a dense multi-layer structure in line with CDC recommendations, while providing the wearer a softer, thinner, and more comfortable mask.

These were the 4-pack 32° masks that flew off the shelves across all Costco locations and were never re-stocked. They were originally sold as an 8-pack for $39 at Costco.ca, now on sale at $19.97. So roughly $2.50 per mask.

Very comfortable, doesn't hurt the back of your ear and passes the candlelight test.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 21.29.05.png

Features:
Not for medical use
Soft lightweight fabric
Fitted for full coverage
Stretch comfort
Flexible nose bridge
Stretchy fabric and ear loops
Washable and reusable
UPF 50+
Quick drying
Colours: each pack includes 5 black, 2 grey, 1 blue
Made in China

Fabric content:
86% polyester, 14% spandex

Sizing:
One size: height: 15.24 cm (6 in), width: 17.14cm (6.75 in)

Care instructions:
Wash before first wear
Machine wash cold with like colours
Gentle cycle
Use mild detergent
Only non-chlorine bleach when needed
Do not use fabric softener
Tumble dry low
Remove promptly
Cool iron if needed
Do not iron on print label
Do not dry clean
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Nov 12th, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
52 replies
Oct 9, 2019
147 posts
81 upvotes
Are these good for airline travel? I am planning to travel to India for an week and was wondering if these will offer best protection while in the airplane
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1260 posts
2795 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dealfiber wrote: Are these good for airline travel? I am planning to travel to India for an week and was wondering if these will offer best protection while in the airplane
I don't think these would suffice for someone who's going to be stuck on an airplane for hours. I would go for a multi-layered mask.

EDIT: According to their website, these masks are 3-layered indeed. So looks like this would be a good candidate unless you can score some N95 (unlikely).

Source: https://www.32degrees.com/products/unis ... 8485313625
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.20.44.png
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Nov 10th, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Nov 16, 2003
824 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
The Chief Public Health Officer for Canada, Dr. Theresa Tam is recommending 3 layer non-medical masks. And remember that masks protect those around the wearer, not necessarily the wearer.
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-- Jean Chretien
Jul 9, 2019
224 posts
633 upvotes
I love this brand so much, so comfortable on skin due to high percentage of spandex in material. Once you go spandex you never look back and wonder why you wore rigid clothes all your life. I have claustrophobia and anxiety due to tight non-stretch clothing, spandex is life saver.
Aug 8, 2020
448 posts
147 upvotes
Dealfiber wrote: Are these good for airline travel? I am planning to travel to India for an week and was wondering if these will offer best protection while in the airplane
PKG has a good 3 layer mask with a filter, those would be ideal for your long travels.
Sep 8, 2010
573 posts
727 upvotes
Ottawa
I didn't like those mask. They are hard to breathe through. Lots of exhale air just goes up into my eyes.
Nov 20, 2010
403 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
I bought these masks and found that they’re not that reusable. After I washed them the edges starting coming apart and looked pretty bad with loose threads.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1551 posts
1400 upvotes
Pallet Town
Insilin1i wrote: I bought these masks and found that they’re not that reusable. After I washed them the edges starting coming apart and looked pretty bad with loose threads.
Same with mine, but if you take a lighter/match and burn the threads, it does a pretty good job of fixing it

I forgot mine a few days ago and had to use a regular disposable one for a day. You really notice how uncomfortable the disposable ones are after you switch
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14509 posts
8429 upvotes
Southern Ontario
volan wrote: The Chief Public Health Officer for Canada, Dr. Theresa Tam is recommending 3 layer non-medical masks. And remember that masks protect those around the wearer, not necessarily the wearer.
This is probably why they’re on clearance
Apr 17, 2015
557 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Very mixed reviews... 11 White Medium StarWhite Medium StarWhite Medium StarWhite Medium StarWhite Medium Star and 11 White Medium Star.. either raving that they're the best, or that they're the worst.
Jun 15, 2018
965 posts
429 upvotes
The material is great my issue is they don't stay on my face when talking since there is no metal nose piece. They are on the smaller side.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2051 posts
861 upvotes
Brampton, ON
volan wrote: The Chief Public Health Officer for Canada, Dr. Theresa Tam is recommending 3 layer non-medical masks. And remember that masks protect those around the wearer, not necessarily the wearer.
Exactly, some research is suggesting that this may be airborne. Get a 3 layered mask.
Nov 18, 2014
581 posts
545 upvotes
Calgary, AB
flyingnurse wrote: Exactly, some research is suggesting that this may be airborne. Get a 3 layered mask.
This is a 3 layered mask according to the manufacturer!
Oct 29, 2013
177 posts
164 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
On the website:

"3-LAYER FABRIC CONSTRUCTION: This mask is made using a special double-knit fabric construction, which allows this single piece of fabric to have a 3-layer structure, consisting of a top and bottom layer of high-density performance fabric, knitted together by a connecting layer of ultra-fine yarns. This creates a dense multi-layer structure in line with CDC recommendations, while providing the wearer a softer, thinner, and more comfortable mask."

Don't know how that works, or if it's actually true, but guess we'll have to take their word for it. I have these and quite like these. Although if I'm talking lots then they do move around and I have to touch the mask and adjust it, not ideal. I haven't had any problems with the threads coming off the sides yet.
Mar 25, 2010
918 posts
142 upvotes
GTA
I still remembered the day one she said we dont need mask and we just need to wash our hand frequently.
Oct 13, 2018
363 posts
432 upvotes
codier wrote: I still remembered the day one she said we dont need mask and we just need to wash our hand frequently.
No one knew about COVID-19 on day one. With more research we started learning how COVID-19 behaves.
Temp. Banned
Jul 22, 2007
6624 posts
6157 upvotes
Calgary
vancityguy0 wrote: ONLINE ONLY - limit of 5 units per customer

These were the 4-pack 32° masks that flew off the shelves across all Costco locations and were never re-stocked. They were originally sold as an 8-pack for $39 at Costco.ca, now on sale at $19.97. So roughly $2.50 per mask.

Very comfortable, doesn't hurt the back of your ear and passes the candlelight test.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 21.29.05.png

Features:
Not for medical use
Soft lightweight fabric
Fitted for full coverage
Stretch comfort
Flexible nose bridge
Stretchy fabric and ear loops
Washable and reusable
UPF 50+
Quick drying
Colours: each pack includes 5 black, 2 grey, 1 blue
Made in China

Fabric content:
86% polyester, 14% spandex

Sizing:
One size: height: 15.24 cm (6 in), width: 17.14cm (6.75 in)

Care instructions:
Wash before first wear
Machine wash cold with like colours
Gentle cycle
Use mild detergent
Only non-chlorine bleach when needed
Do not use fabric softener
Tumble dry low
Remove promptly
Cool iron if needed
Do not iron on print label
Do not dry clean
This mask was labeled as triple layer previously.
https://www.32degrees.com/products/unis ... 8485313625