Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: 32 Degrees Kids Face Cover 8-pack for $4.97 (free shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 6:17 pm
[OP]
Jan 21, 2015
95 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Costco] Costco.ca: 32 Degrees Kids Face Cover 8-pack for $4.97 (free shipping)

Great price online ! Any review on quality, confort, etc. ?
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 7th, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
19 replies
Oct 21, 2015
146 posts
1123 upvotes
A113
Might not be good enough in Edmonton this weekend.
Screenshot_20210207-194717_Weather Live.jpg
Adventure is out there!
Jun 3, 2007
474 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry OP, but it's cheap for a reason. Firstly, it's thin as heck - which is great if you have trouble breathing but I can't believe it's particularly effective at filtering anything. Honestly, it's no more than a slightly thicker nylon cloth mask.

Secondly, it's very small for it's indicated size. Even my 7 y.o. has trouble with it - pulls his ears forward, doesn't really fit the shape of your face, etc. My 11 y.o. couldn't use it at all.

I ended up just using the 50pk children's masks that Costco sells for $10 on sale (which fit my kids fine).
Last edited by Yzord on Feb 7th, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1272 posts
1403 upvotes
Anyone have recommendations for preschool kids? Right now I just buy "kids" disposable masks, and tie the ends to make it shorter to the ear.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2711 posts
3628 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
PizzaPlanetTruck wrote: Might not be good enough in Edmonton this weekend.

Screenshot_20210207-194717_Weather Live.jpg
For some reason I was thinking the same thing too a -32C mask. Also the OP is from Quebec. :D
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6237 posts
1097 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP and thanked. Ordered 1 set.
Dec 25, 2003
9574 posts
1692 upvotes
Vancouver
These are great for sports, highly recommend.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1488 posts
683 upvotes
simplypop wrote: Anyone have recommendations for preschool kids? Right now I just buy "kids" disposable masks, and tie the ends to make it shorter to the ear.
Our little one I picked up multi layer from Old navy. You have to tied knot at end to make it fit right.
Apr 2, 2009
179 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
Fits my 11yr old perfectly. Great mask and very comfortable. The spandex allows the mask to fit tighter to the face than any other cotton mask we've purchased. Kids like more than the cotton with metal nose bridge.

More info from 32º website:
3-LAYER FABRIC CONSTRUCTION: This mask is made using a special double-knit fabric construction, which allows this single piece of fabric to have a 3-layer structure, consisting of a top and bottom layer of high-density performance fabric, knitted together by a connecting layer of ultra-fine yarns. This creates a dense multi-layer structure in line with CDC recommendations, while providing the wearer a softer, thinner, and more comfortable mask.
Nov 30, 2005
102 posts
46 upvotes
saskatoon
Yzord wrote: Sorry OP, but it's cheap for a reason. Firstly, it's thin as heck - which is great if you have trouble breathing but I can't believe it's particularly effective at filtering anything. Honestly, it's no more than a slightly thicker nylon cloth mask.

Secondly, it's very small for it's indicated size. Even my 7 y.o. has trouble with it - pulls his ears forward, doesn't really fit the shape of your face, etc. My 11 y.o. couldn't use it at all.

I ended up just using the 50pk children's masks that Costco sells for $10 on sale (which fit my kids fine).
Not sure why thin means cheap. My kids tried the candle test wearing these masks and they couldn't blow out a lit candle. They tried a three ply cotton weave and blew out the candle easily.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3714 posts
3727 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks. Ordered for my 10yo son.
Dec 24, 2004
98 posts
37 upvotes
Great deal! Bought the 4 pack in store for about the same price for school. These are basically the only masks my kid will keep on/wear voluntarily.
Thanks OP. Will restock. No issues with fit on an average 6-7 year old face.
Apr 10, 2011
802 posts
667 upvotes
Thanks Op! These are the only masks my 4.5 year old will wear...
Jan 30, 2021
3 posts
4 upvotes
Placed my order on Saturday and it's already out for delivery today!
May 9, 2010
394 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
FWIW we purchased several of these around Christmas time for our kids and they love them. It's the only masks they want to use for school now. The only thing I find is that after 10-15 handwashes or so they start to stretch.
Jan 29, 2005
234 posts
162 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
jashik72 wrote: Not sure why thin means cheap. My kids tried the candle test wearing these masks and they couldn't blow out a lit candle. They tried a three ply cotton weave and blew out the candle easily.
Thank you for this. Ordered 2
[OP]
Jan 21, 2015
95 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks for your feedback those who bought them before, order placed :)
Aug 13, 2011
44 posts
14 upvotes
Stittsville
Thanks OP, these are the only masks my SK will wear at school. Ordered 2 packs
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2138 posts
1370 upvotes
Thanks OP! With mask wearing, we've found that they're much better (practical) winter accessories than scarves and neck warmers, especially for kids.
Jun 13, 2017
537 posts
357 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
simplypop wrote: Anyone have recommendations for preschool kids? Right now I just buy "kids" disposable masks, and tie the ends to make it shorter to the ear.
These are great for my toddler son. He is 4 going 5 now. They fit perfectly and he never complains, which means they are comfortable enough.

Not sure about how effective these are. But I am pretty sure if we are talking about sending the kids to school, they will not wear/maintain it correctly anyway.

Btw, I bought a pack when they were sold in the stores. And I just bought it again online.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter