Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca $99 Marcy UTILITY Weight Bench Model MKB-211 (400lbs.) weight capacity

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2021 7:39 am
[OP]
Jul 13, 2018
161 posts
244 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca $99 Marcy UTILITY Weight Bench Model MKB-211 (400lbs.) weight capacity

I've been looking around lately for a workout bench that has an over (350 lbs.) weight limit for my home gym and most of what I saw was around $300-$450. So when I saw this I was shocked this bench has a (400lbs) weight capacity for the fraction of the price. Hopefully, this helps anyone who is looking for the same thing. Enjoy :D

For all those wondering what the review says on costco.ca I did some researched that's why I Included the link to Marcypro.com(see the link below) to give you more understanding of what this product is about. please see all the links below and judge for yourself. In my opinion, according to the pictures they have on Marcypro.com the Utility Bench does go Flat, Incline and Decline. now I wouldn't suggest this Utility Weight bench if you are an avid gym-goer or a Powerlifter but if you just want to have a bench at your home gym so you can work out while you on lockdown this is a great value. thank you.

Here's another link to the Utility bench if you need more info on it.
https://www.marcypro.com/utility-weight-bench-mkb-211

And I saw this on Kijiji earlier this person trying to sell the same bench (used)bench might I add for triple the price. I'm not surprised but what can you do. here's the link to it.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.ht ... 1548038170

These are the different ranges of motion that this UTILITY weight bench can do. You'll be the judge if this works for you if it does I would highly recommend this for the price point and Costco warranty
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 224818.jpg
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 224834.jpg
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 224905.jpg
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 224849.jpg
Last edited by Sicario007 on Jan 28th, 2021 9:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
32 replies
Oct 8, 2008
182 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
I couldn't justify getting a bench that only goes up to 400lbs. A guy weighing 200 could only bench 200lbs before exceeding the bench's usefulness. That is advanced beginner territory. Now if you're a light female looking to do high rep Incline dumbbell bench then this is gonna be fine but the less that describes you the more cautious I would be about this purchase. If you're an adult male looking to get stronger on the bench press you'll almost certainly outgrow this in 6 months to a year of training.
Feb 27, 2004
251 posts
197 upvotes
The one review seems interesting
“ Description misleading, not a weight bench
This is listed as a Utility Weight Bench but on the box it is an "Abdominal Slant Board". Not what I wanted. My fault, should have looked at the pictures more carefully, ordered off the description. It is not really a weight bench at all. Will return”
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1021 posts
1623 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
The review on Costco notes this is more of an ab bench and the pictures on the Marcy website suggest this is accurate: the bench does not appear to lay flay despite saying it will: the seat remains elevated which is not ideal for flat bench work at all.

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1869 posts
2329 upvotes
GTA
Potential purchasers might want to look at the online review on costco.ca
"Description misleading, not a weight bench
This is listed as a Utility Weight Bench but on the box it is an "Abdominal Slant Board". Not what I wanted. My fault, should have looked at the pictures more carefully, ordered off the description. It is not really a weight bench at all. Will return"

The reviews on the marcypro website also show this is not really a weight bench, though It could likely be used as such, with limitations mentioned.

$99 doesn't seem bad for a slant ab bench though.
Last edited by karlb on Jan 27th, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2018
161 posts
244 upvotes
Gtabuddy wrote: The one review seems interesting
“ Description misleading, not a weight bench
This is listed as a Utility Weight Bench but on the box it is an "Abdominal Slant Board". Not what I wanted. My fault, should have looked at the pictures more carefully, ordered off the description. It is not really a weight bench at all. Will return”
Yea I saw the same review that's why I researched it fully and included all the links to Marcy pro website. (even the Kijiji one) and I can confirm looking at the photos that it does go kinda flat but I guess they call it a Utility weight bench lol.
Last edited by Sicario007 on Jan 27th, 2021 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1021 posts
1623 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Sicario007 wrote: Yea I saw the same review that's why I researched it fully and included all the links to Marcy pro website. (even the Kijiji one) and I can confirm looking at the photos that it does go flat
The upper part of bench may go flat, but the seat part remains elevated. If you go into this aware of that fact, great, but the Costco listing and even the Marcy listing are a bit deceiving.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1869 posts
2329 upvotes
GTA
Sicario007 wrote: Yea I saw the same review that's why I researched it fully and included all the links to Marcy pro website. (even the Kijiji one) and I can confirm looking at the photos that it does go flat
Flat yes, but at a downward angle.

Or the back level and the seat at an upward angle.

edit: page 8 of the manual might be helpful.
https://www.marcypro.com/content/Produc ... Owners.pdf

Normally a weight bench is flat and level, not sloping.

But if it works for you and you're happy OP, thumbsup!
Last edited by karlb on Jan 27th, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 5, 2017
146 posts
119 upvotes
Got it thanks OP, hard to beat for the price. Yes it doesn't lie flat entirely but if you want one right one you gotta shell out for 2x the price. <100 available so will be OOS soon.
Oct 26, 2013
23 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
is costco's website down for anyone else?
Oct 8, 2008
182 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
oAndrew wrote: is costco's website down for anyone else?
At least the link in the OP didn't load for me
Oct 8, 2008
182 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
brickpreviews wrote: Got it thanks OP, hard to beat for the price. Yes it doesn't lie flat entirely but if you want one right one you gotta shell out for 2x the price. <100 available so will be OOS soon.
Man if you are actually bench pressing the extra money is 1000% worth it
Feb 5, 2017
146 posts
119 upvotes
esaul17 wrote: Man if you are actually bench pressing the extra money is 1000% worth it
Only gonna use it till the gyms reopen so not gonna shell out too much money.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3319 posts
4528 upvotes
BC
I had this bench and quickly sold it, wouldn't recommend it unless you're a female (Not trying to be sexist)

- the pegs don't stick out very wide so you can't hook in completely for sit-ups. The position is awkward and uncomfortable
- the bench is pretty short, the backrest only went to my shoulders. The fixed seat position doesn't help either. Really uncomfortable pressing without having your head/neck supported
-the arm that adjusts the angle of the bench is supported by a pretty small peg that goes into a hole. Doesn't feel secure and seems pretty dangerous

Imo spend the extra $50-$100 for a better bench, it's worth it
Oct 11, 2015
621 posts
210 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
peakingduck wrote: I had this bench and quickly sold it, wouldn't recommend it unless you're a female (Not trying to be sexist)

- the pegs don't stick out very wide so you can't hook in completely for sit-ups. The position is awkward and uncomfortable
- the bench is pretty short, the backrest only went to my shoulders. The fixed seat position doesn't help either. Really uncomfortable pressing without having your head/neck supported
-the arm that adjusts the angle of the bench is supported by a pretty small peg that goes into a hole. Doesn't feel secure and seems pretty dangerous

Imo spend the extra $50-$100 for a better bench, it's worth it
hmm can't return to local costco?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2234 posts
3190 upvotes
Endlesscc wrote: hmm can't return to local costco?
You can return anything you order from Costco online to a warehouse.

Here's you're average guy using it.

The Marcy brand in general isn't very high quality. I'd probably put them in the same boat as CAP products.
Dec 14, 2013
129 posts
187 upvotes
AJAX
Seat isn't level.
Seats gotta be level....