• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 10:21 pm
[OP]
Jul 11, 2004
934 posts
214 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: AOC 24G2E5 - 24in. FHD IPS Monitor - 2 Pack $289.99

Only available Jul/13-14. $60 off the pair. Regular $349.99

Edit 1. Highlighting additional discounts. Costco Mastercard users. Get another 4.5% - 5% returned to you costco-ca-bonus-cash-back-july-13-14-co ... 5-2389121/

2 Monitors
75hz - Freesync compatible
1080p
IPS
1ms response
VESA
DisplayPort
Auto input select
New model
Thin Bezel
Tilt adjustable

Connectivity:
2 × HDMI®
1 × VGA
1 × Displayport
1 × Audio port

AOC product page on it: https://au.aoc.com/product_5757_24G2E5_ ... TRALIA.php
User manual: http://aocmonitorap.com/upload_files/do ... 9-6001.pdf
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 13th, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
20 replies
Nov 25, 2016
58 posts
11 upvotes
I bought this yesterday and cancelled after reading your post thanks!~
Feb 28, 2020
101 posts
143 upvotes
EmileB333 wrote: Never heard of aoc, is it any good?

They're pretty good. Better than big brands in fact, good warranty policy
Jan 29, 2008
496 posts
188 upvotes
EmileB333 wrote: (..)is it any good?
Average quality. I owned an AOC CRT (which granted is different tech, but the company's been around a long time), it was inexpensive, heavy, curved AF. Never had an issue with it though. About on par with Acer, BenQ, Phillips (haven't had a Phillips screen)

TeeKayTK wrote: (...)Better than big brands in fact(..)
Is this a fact? Can we have some links to articles and reviews?
May 6, 2018
23 posts
2 upvotes
I am not a hardcore gamer, mostly use monitors for office bur every now and then I'd like to play games. cyberpunk 2077 for example for sure I will play on pc, and will probably build a new pc just before it comes out, which also has good vr performance (for hl:alyx)

Would these be ok monitors for gaming? I see 144hz gaming monitors everywhere but honestly don't know how big of a difference it will make. I need a secondary monitor now for office use and might as well get these (and use 3 monitors) if these are good for gaming as well
May 6, 2020
285 posts
314 upvotes
User040219 wrote: I am not a hardcore gamer, mostly use monitors for office bur every now and then I'd like to play games. cyberpunk 2077 for example for sure I will play on pc, and will probably build a new pc just before it comes out, which also has good vr performance (for hl:alyx)

Would these be ok monitors for gaming? I see 144hz gaming monitors everywhere but honestly don't know how big of a difference it will make. I need a secondary monitor now for office use and might as well get these (and use 3 monitors) if these are good for gaming as well
If you play for a long period of time, you will notice the difference. Higher refresh rate will be better for your eyes.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4135 posts
7438 upvotes
Kitchener
Ooo... This is so tempting, someone please talk me out of it :P
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 96gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Jul 2, 2019
72 posts
69 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: Ooo... This is so tempting, someone please talk me out of it :P
300 nits is a small upgrade from the 250 nits you usually see
Vesa mounting options are rare to see at this price point, and will allow you to get a nice dual monitor arm
75hz freesync is very useful for light gaming
having display port and hdmi means you can easily plug both into a modern gpu (which usually only has one hdmi) and be able to still plug in a console or something

~oops did I mistakenly list the positives... my bad
Apr 27, 2013
575 posts
839 upvotes
Good specs for the price : 300nits, 1ms MPRT, 75hz.
You also get an HDMI cable and a DP cable.
Overall for $25 more this monitor has more value compared to the Asus 24 inch from staples (VA24EHEY)
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15582 posts
3464 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
So this is a better deal than the Staples Asus for $120ish?
May 22, 2016
656 posts
775 upvotes
Building a PC, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!!
May 22, 2016
656 posts
775 upvotes
namomaz wrote: Good specs for the price : 300nits, 1ms MPRT, 75hz.
You also get an HDMI cable and a DP cable.
Overall for $25 more this monitor has more value compared to the Asus 24 inch from staples (VA24EHEY)
Plus comfort buying from Costco
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4669 posts
17107 upvotes
TORONTO
I couldnt find anything if it's confirmed to work with G-Sync.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10496 posts
7042 upvotes
RobinW51044 wrote: If you play for a long period of time, you will notice the difference. Higher refresh rate will be better for your eyes.
It actually has less to do with refresh rate (these days), but more to do with how the monitor controls brightness (e.g. PWM).

A static photo / image doesn't cause fatigue. A 50/60Hz (depends on region / country) indoor lightbulb may / may not cause fatigue.

The difference, it's to do with how light pulses at you. Refresh rate doesn't determine the light pulses / modulation...that's just how frequent the image changes. Today's monitors are not like CRT...in the sense that the illumination doesn't pulses between frame changes. (With CRT, the phosphorus gets dimmer as the electron gun moves to the rest of the other portion of the screen...so the illumination actually pulses at the refresh rate...though some are different with different scan rate)

https://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basics/eyestrain/

(In case someone now says "I haven't heard of Eizo"...here's an entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eizo)
Nov 28, 2017
656 posts
635 upvotes
Ironically, with this back to regular price I was looking at it as a possible best deal yesterday. Then found this thread and now the 350 doesn't look so good anymore

Hoping Costco brings this pricing back. Deciding on whether I will really have the system to need > 75hz, as the Acer bestbuy deal is likely the best gaming monitor in my price range right now, but this deal is way better and would let me match my dual monitors without spending on high refresh on the second one.
Sep 26, 2008
715 posts
279 upvotes
Mine arrived, some notes:
Dead pixels in top right side; both monitors
Displayport adaptation is bad; when the OS turns off monitors to save energy, it doesn't wake up unless the displayport cable in unplugged and plugged back in again. Symptom does not occur with an Acer Nitro or Dell Ultrasharp.
Works with G-sync
Motion blur reduction / MBR is not suitable at 75hz; the flickering is very noticeable.

In case people don't know this, but motion blur reduction and free/g-sync are mutually exclusive. This monitor isn't exactly high refresh rate, which will be fine for VRR (variable refresh rate); but it's pointless to get higher refresh rate monitors and not use it for MBR.
Oct 2, 2015
317 posts
140 upvotes
Outremont, QC
I ordered 10 days ago and expected delivery date has passed but there's been no shipping notification and nothing has arrived. Is this affecting anyone else?