Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Body Glove Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard ($399) and Kayak ($499)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2020 6:27 pm
[OP]
Aug 15, 2003
951 posts
243 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Body Glove Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard ($399) and Kayak ($499)

These were hard to get this summer...

Body Glove Performer 11 Inflatable 3.35 m (11 ft.) Stand-up Paddle Board - $399.99 ($130 off)

https://www.costco.ca/body-glove-perfor ... 12378.html

Body Glove Porter Inflatable Kayak - $499.99 ($100 off)

https://www.costco.ca/body-glove-porter ... 69916.html

Is the kayak function with the seat worth extra $100?
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 4th, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
93 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3224 posts
4699 upvotes
Langley, BC
Just bought the SUP, I've been watching this thing for over a year now

a few years ago we bought the big green plastic SUP from Homedepot, it was like 299 on clearance or something. it's awesome, but weighs a ton... and yes... i lift.

wife will be able to use this inflatable one on her own now :)
Last edited by steven80 on Dec 4th, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 31, 2010
300 posts
144 upvotes
Used the SUP during the summer. Great quality!
Feb 20, 2019
119 posts
179 upvotes
Montreal
I've bought 2 of those a few months ago, thought the regular price was good, so this is great!

I haven't used it yet, but I'm out the price adjustment period :(

I'll buy one for my sister probably. Thanks OK!
[OP]
Aug 15, 2003
951 posts
243 upvotes
steven80 wrote: Just bought the SUP, I've been watching this thing for over a year now
Same! I've been wanting one for two years now! They were hard to get this summer and I couldn't justify the full price.
Aug 8, 2015
43 posts
47 upvotes
Awesome paddleboard! We tie this thing to our dock and use it to lay around as well, great purchase for us.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3877 posts
2313 upvotes
mintchoco wrote:

Is the kayak function with the seat worth extra $100?
One of the reviews on the Porter (kayak) model.

We have a performer 11 and we love that paddle board so much. When I saw this Porter kayak/sup hybrid I immediately ordered it thinking that it's the same as the performer 11 with kayak mode because of the color scheme. I didn't pay attention to the specs when I ordered it. But once inflated, I was surprised it was 1.5 feet shorter than the performer 11. I really like it as a kayak but I find it unstable as a SUP. Now I'm thinking really hard if I will return this or keep it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3224 posts
4699 upvotes
Langley, BC
It's exciting to try to add 999 items to your cart and watch the # available drop ever few seconds..

this morning there was over 999.. now 6xx
Aug 27, 2005
68 posts
7 upvotes
Debating if I should get 2 SUP or 1 SUP and a Kayak. Thx OP I have been waiting on this
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
steven80 wrote: It's exciting to try to add 999 items to your cart and watch the # available drop ever few seconds..

Damn, this game really is fun lol. It's at 599 now.

The kayak is at 260. I wonder what number they started at.

[Edit 1, at 12:56] 552 and 255. Yes, I'm going to be counting because I find this fascinating. Also, yes, I need a life.

[Edit 2, at 1:03] 501 and 247. These things are flying off the virtual shelves.

[Edit 3, at 1:10] 440 and 239. I'm in the wrong business.

[Edit 4, at 1:20] 360 and 229. The SUPs will be gone in another hour or so at the most.

[Edit 4, at 1:30] 271 and 217. IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME TO BUY FIRST THINK LATER - THIS IS IT. The SUP is disappearing like Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future!!

[Edit 5, at 1:41] 167 and 204.

[Edit 6, at 1:52] 78 and 191. That's just about gonna do it....gone before 2 pm. This is some crazy business. Companies should be lining up to sell through Costco lol.

[DAMN I missed the final countdown lol, but it's 2:11 and the SUPs are OOS, and 169 kayaks left] They sold damn near 600 SUPs in an hour. $240,000. Basically a quarter million. In an hour. That is CRAZY.
Last edited by deezz on Dec 4th, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 11 times in total.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3877 posts
2313 upvotes
nicocho wrote: Debating if I should get 2 SUP or 1 SUP and a Kayak. Thx OP I have been waiting on this
Unless you have to go with inflatable, I would go for a standard kayak.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10880 posts
1045 upvotes
Squamish
Most of the SUPs I know of are more than double this price.

Is this actually a good paddle board... Or just cheap/good enough value?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1777 posts
1069 upvotes
Vancouver
steven80 wrote: It's exciting to try to add 999 items to your cart and watch the # available drop ever few seconds..

I'm surprised because this thread is only 10 comments in, but 300+ have sold?

547 for the SUP. These are moving quickly
Last edited by Sypsy on Dec 4th, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3224 posts
4699 upvotes
Langley, BC
Sypsy wrote: I'm surprised because this thread is only 10 comments in, but 300+ have sold?
it's not an RFD exclusive :P

it's Costco's Day 4 deal
Dec 4, 2005
922 posts
107 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Most of the SUPs I know of are more than double this price.

We bought this last summer, and it seems like it is one of those amazing Costco buys. 999$ on the BodyGlove website, so this is well ahead of even the black friday / cyber monday deals they had. These boards were everywhere this summer, and we were really surprised with the usability / durability as first time paddleboarders, for the whole family.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1777 posts
1069 upvotes
Vancouver
steven80 wrote: it's not an RFD exclusive :P

it's Costco's Day 4 deal
Yeah, I get that, I underestimate the amount of lurkers on the thread (oh wait, 41 members and 22 guests right now only)
Well I guess it's a new sale and normal costco.ca browsers are snatching it up
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3877 posts
2313 upvotes

I'm no SUP expert, but inflatable is always cheaper I think. It's not going to compare with a $1000+ SUP.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2284 posts
904 upvotes
So isnt this an inflatable tube shaped like a paddleboard? Wouldnt there be a massive diff to the weight and stability of a real paddleboard? So many good reviews but I just dont see myself standing on a plastic tube...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
nicocho wrote: Debating if I should get 2 SUP or 1 SUP and a Kayak. Thx OP I have been waiting on this
SizzleChest wrote:
Unless you have to go with inflatable, I would go for a standard kayak.
There are two big things to consider though: What type of storage space do you have. What type of vehicle do you have.

For everyone, yes, a hardside kayak would be optimal. But for those tight on space at home and/or their vehicle, and if they don't want to get all the proper racking and lashing, and who aren't as serious about it, the inflatable would be the way to go.

There are 1502 ratings on this thing, and 1201 are 5 stars, 209 are 4 stars. That says a lot. Less than 10% comprise of 3 stars or less.
[edit] Just to add to that, I feel like that number is big enough to account for the segment of people who are just buying based on value. The overall performance and reliability must play a factor at some point with that large a sample size.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jul 7, 2003
541 posts
232 upvotes
flamenko wrote: So isnt this an inflatable tube shaped like a paddleboard? Wouldnt there be a massive diff to the weight and stability of a real paddleboard? So many good reviews but I just dont see myself standing on a plastic tube...
If you are thinking it's like a tube that you sit in or get pulled around by a boat, then no. These are very rigid when inflated so they are quite stiff like a real SUP. I don't have experience with the Body Glove versions but we have two inflatable SUPs and they are fantastic.