Costco.ca Boxing Week Savings

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2019 3:57 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 6, 2018
233 posts
254 upvotes
helraiser wrote: Question, is there any reason why the various Costcos in a city have different prices? Got a laptop at one and went to the other store to see if they had other selection, which they did. However the one I got at one store was even cheaper at the new store. Same with TVs and other stuff. I thought prices were standard between stores?
It's weird, but it's true. I find electronics are the ones that have differing prices across stores. Some managers decide to put certain items on sale/clearance while others do not.

You can return the first laptop and buy it again at the new store (since they don't price match).
Jan 22, 2003
243 posts
145 upvotes
They actually did the PM for me at the store with the lower price which works for me as I didn't have the hardware with me. Good to know that this is a store discretionary thing though. Thx, Chippy!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3819 posts
1270 upvotes
Ajax
helraiser wrote: Question, is there any reason why the various Costcos in a city have different prices? Got a laptop at one and went to the other store to see if they had other selection, which they did. However the one I got at one store was even cheaper at the new store. Same with TVs and other stuff. I thought prices were standard between stores?
It is a common practice and a load of BS if you ask me. So I live between two Costco locations, Oshawa and Ajax. Bottled Kirkland water is cheaper in Ajax than Oshawa. When I asked why, management told me pricing is dynamic and based on region competition like gasoline. I said WTF? There is no competitive difference in water in Durham Region, lol. SO buyer beware, not every Costco has the cheapest price. Hell, they might as not even call themselves Costco as each manager can dictate pricing. Oh and if you try to PM, they have to have it physically in stock at the location you are adjusting at. Another load of crap.