Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Bridgestone tires 20% off on a set of 4 - Monday Sept. 7 only - NOW LIVE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:30 am
Nov 3, 2018
228 posts
102 upvotes
Dargon wrote: I am interested in a set of these for my expedition and I see 2 options for 275/55/20. Either the Dueler HL Alenza ($229) or HL ALENZA PLUS ($259). Is it worth spending the extra on the PLUS?

The Plus seems to be a newer model but has different speed ratings - like T vs H for regular Alenza.
For my car it seems Bridgestone has two options for all-season (and rated by Consumer Reports):
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus
Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia

I hate that stupid naming and the fact that Costco has BRIDGESTONE DUELER H/L ALENZA and not the Plus version and as far as I understood the 422 Ecopia (which is superior as per Consumer Reports) is not sold in Canada, only the US.
Jan 21, 2011
357 posts
145 upvotes
I think they allow one size down, but I normally just get everything installed loose no problems. I put them on myself.
Mar 20, 2005
430 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
boofi wrote:
I can bring the rims to the warehouse, they can install on the rims within 21 days, and the last time they said I could either come back to install them on the vehicle (at another time) or I could just do it myself for those who were wondering about putting them on your vehicle too early. That might be warehouse dependent though, this was at the Nepean warehouse on Merivale.

Good luck everyone, hope you can get them in stock.
I got the same response when I talked with tire dept at Nepean Costco Friday. Hopefully they honour this process. Saved $136 today versus $70 rebate, thanks OP!
Aug 18, 2005
918 posts
57 upvotes
Tackstrat wrote: When adding 225/55R19 BLIZZAK DM-V2 to cart getting page not found. Tried on mobile, same thing
Same here... Does this mean it's oos?
Apr 8, 2007
743 posts
258 upvotes
No luck for me...
nothing available in 255 45/R19
Aug 12, 2003
451 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Grau18 wrote: For my car it seems Bridgestone has two options for all-season (and rated by Consumer Reports):
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus
Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia

I hate that stupid naming and the fact that Costco has BRIDGESTONE DUELER H/L ALENZA and not the Plus version and as far as I understood the 422 Ecopia (which is superior as per Consumer Reports) is not sold in Canada, only the US.
I am seeing the Alenza Plus for the size I need.
Jun 4, 2006
578 posts
205 upvotes
GTA
Thank you OP, i just saved $400 on tires for my Highlander.

235/55/R20 $1012 all in.
Last edited by Carbooja on Sep 7th, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3182 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
I remember they had 20% off for Michelin tires on 1/1/2020 :)
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2558 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I remember they had 20% off for Michelin tires on 1/1/2020 :)
So these deal come up often then?

Don't really need summer tires right now but will next year.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Sep 14, 2012
632 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
muscleflex wrote: I'm in the same boat - curious why you recommend against bridgestone for all season? are bridgestone just good for winter tires?
The particular car I own comes from the factory with either Bridgestones or Michelins...on a forum I am on virtually everyone who got the Bridgestones is unhappy with them..noisy, poor tread life etc. The Michelin buyers are happy and generally gravitate to Michelin or Pirelli when is time to replace

Go to a place like tire rack and look at reviews before buying anything.
Feb 2, 2008
147 posts
10 upvotes
I keep on getting "Page not found" when I click "Add to cart". Any tricks on what to do to overcome this page issue?
Oct 1, 2012
295 posts
11 upvotes
Here and there
For those with Honda CRV, what size for winter tires do you recommend? I'm running 235/55/R19 for all seasons as that is what it came with. If I downsize to 17", I will need to get rims as well. Do you recommend getting rims through costco as well?
Aug 24, 2019
165 posts
143 upvotes
account1 wrote: For those with Honda CRV, what size for winter tires do you recommend? I'm running 235/55/R19 for all seasons as that is what it came with. If I downsize to 17", I will need to get rims as well. Do you recommend getting rims through costco as well?

Costco themselves don’t sell rims but they have a supplier and they will ask you if you wanna purchas rims from that supplier while you are ordering tires online. Costco tire centre worker last time warned me that rims size can be tricky and I might end up ordering the wrong one from the website. Do not order rims unless you are absolutely sure that they will fit your vehicle. I am kinda struggling with the rims order because I don’t know what kind to get.
Jul 23, 2015
78 posts
65 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP. $796 all in for a set of Bridgestones WS90 235/60R17, saved $152.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1169 posts
733 upvotes
account1 wrote: For those with Honda CRV, what size for winter tires do you recommend? I'm running 235/55/R19 for all seasons as that is what it came with. If I downsize to 17", I will need to get rims as well. Do you recommend getting rims through costco as well?
I have the exact same size on a Toyota RAV4. Rather than this promo I'm going to just get a set of all weather tires like the Michelin CrossClimate 2/Nokian WRG4 or similar. Maybe don't need to absolute best in winter unless you're out in the country
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X / MSI RTX 3080
May 18, 2007
643 posts
98 upvotes
Hmm, whatever I did online, it just can't find near location to ship and install, I tried Richmond Hill or Toronto postal code, What am I missing?
Apr 3, 2007
150 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you OP, great deal....

If someone could point me in the right direction, please... trying to do a TCO calc, let's say at 5 years using BLIZZAK DM-V2 with the current 20% off:
* 245/50R20 (4 @ $1159.96 ) + $0 (keep original rims, bad idea?) + Seasonal Exchange 4 Wheels/8 Tires (costs ?); vs
* 254/60R18 (4 @ $959.96) + 4*$169.99 c-wheels (Hubcentric?) + TMPS ($75 per tire, costco won't sell them?) and TMPS fee (?) + Seasonal Exchange 8 Wheels/8 Tires (costs bit less ?)

Apart from cost, any other pros/cons? Thanks!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2589 posts
2433 upvotes
integra wrote: Currently have All season Bridgestone Dueler H/L 235 60 17 on my 08 Odyssey. A
There’s a little life in them still and will be fine u til I put on my winters. I’m not sure if I should bother with buying all seasons now or wait till spring. I’ve had Michelin’s in my previous cars and always liked them but there more $. Wonder if Costco will have a good sail on them as well. If not maybe I should jump on tases for now and can always return them.
Looks like a few options for Bridgestone
Bridgestone Ecopia Ep422 plus $607.33
Bridgestone Turanza EL400 $575.93
Bridgestone Driveguard $735.93
Bridgestone Turanza Quitetrack $703.93

Not sure what the best deal is in these all seasons? Anyone have these on there minivan?
If you need them now go for the quiet tracks. Otherwise honestly.. Their 20 percent off is equal to some regular priced tire shops right now that I usually go to for tires.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3182 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
some1not wrote: So these deal come up often then?

Don't really need summer tires right now but will next year.

The 20% deal may only come up twice a year...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!