Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Bridgestone tires 20% off on a set of 4 - Monday Sept. 7 only - NOW LIVE!!!

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:30 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Sep 22, 2008
959 posts
874 upvotes
Montreal
Caerus wrote: What's the consensus on the Bridgestone vs Michelin XI3?

The Michelins usually drop in price in September/October.
I don’t know about consensus but I had XI2 and WS80 on the same car, the Bridgestone’s were so much better. Again, just my personal experience.

For all season, Bridgestone’s are far from being my favourite.
Member
Dec 20, 2012
446 posts
341 upvotes
Barrie
bLuPhYrE wrote: tbh ive been driving with my xi3s forever and i really love them. i do need new winters this season and im debating this myself.
Xi3's are being replaced by the Xice Snow. CT has Xi3s on clearance right now for 20% off if you want the old version/can live with an older DOT.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3202 posts
3215 upvotes
Oakville
MikeyCanuck wrote: I only need All seasons in Victoria. Any feedback on comparison of the following 3 tires?

DRIVEGUARD - $199
DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS - $179
ECOPIA H/L 422 PLUS - $179

Family minivan target vehicle.
I read detailed reviews of each on 1010tires, blackcircles, and tirerack, and all three tires are like mid tier, not even in the top 3 of their categories.

I should have taken advtange of that black circles deal posted earlier...
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Sr. Member
Sep 22, 2008
959 posts
874 upvotes
Montreal
adysworld31 wrote: I have the ecopias on my Sienna. After 4 summers (only - I use winter tires in winter) the tires are worn. Only about 50,000-60,000 km on them at most. Actually just went in to Costco to check a potential leak and they said the tires have to be replaced. Forgot to ask about the warranty (110,000 km). I definitely won’t buy Ecopias again.

Hope this helps.
I have a Sienna as well, great car but they have a bad reputation for tires (and brakes). Mine is AWD which is even worse (google it). And, AWD has no spare tire, so (at least theoretically) I need the run flats.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1045 posts
327 upvotes
Victoria
adysworld31 wrote: I have the ecopias on my Sienna. After 4 summers (only - I use winter tires in winter) the tires are worn. Only about 50,000-60,000 km on them at most. Actually just went in to Costco to check a potential leak and they said the tires have to be replaced. Forgot to ask about the warranty (110,000 km). I definitely won’t buy Ecopias again.

Hope this helps.
I would definitely ask about the warranty! You should be refunded close to 50% of the purchase price.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
2143 posts
1364 upvotes
YYZ
mada41 wrote: Xi3's are being replaced by the Xice Snow. CT has Xi3s on clearance right now for 20% off if you want the old version/can live with an older DOT.
would've been great, unfortunately didn't have my size

thanks though!
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1045 posts
327 upvotes
Victoria
zdpz wrote: I read detailed reviews of each on 1010tires, blackcircles, and tirerack, and all three tires are like mid tier, not even in the top 3 of their categories.

I should have taken advtange of that black circles deal posted earlier...
In your reading did you do a "best bang for the buck" comparison? Did you come to a consensus on what you choose otherwise? I really don't need high end tires... and at 20% savings off pretty much an already mid tier price ($179) for a mid tier tier, I'm probably mostly looking for a reason NOT to buy. Either huge road noise or very poor handling probably. Even heavy wear as long as covered by warranty I'm not that worried about, though I've taken note of the poor wear report on the Ecopias.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3202 posts
3215 upvotes
Oakville
MikeyCanuck wrote: In your reading did you do a "best bang for the buck" comparison? Did you come to a consensus on what you choose otherwise? I really don't need high end tires... and at 20% savings off pretty much an already mid tier price ($179) for a mid tier tier, I'm probably mostly looking for a reason NOT to buy. Either huge road noise or very poor handling probably. Even heavy wear as long as covered by warranty I'm not that worried about, though I've taken note of the poor wear report on the Ecopias.
all three of them performed mediocre (6.5/10 or around 2.7/5) in wet conditions, which matters.

I think I will be sticking to Michelin, Continental, or Pirelli all seasons.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2096 posts
2982 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: tbh ive been driving with my xi3s forever and i really love them. i do need new winters this season and im debating this myself.
liviu23 wrote: I don’t know about consensus but I had XI2 and WS80 on the same car, the Bridgestone’s were so much better. Again, just my personal experience.

For all season, Bridgestone’s are far from being my favourite.
Yeah, I've been running on the same set of XI3s since 2014. No problems with them at all. They will probably last another season or 2.

I'm just wondering if maybe I should switch to Bridgestone's or stick with Michelin's when I change over next.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
2143 posts
1364 upvotes
YYZ
Caerus wrote: Yeah, I've been running on the same set of XI3s since 2014. No problems with them at all. They will probably last another season or 2.

I'm just wondering if maybe I should switch to Bridgestone's or stick with Michelin's when I change over next.
if i could find my tire size, i would've instantly bought the xi-3 at Canadian tire @ 20% off.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2013
185 posts
184 upvotes
Ya, I didn’t think there was a lot of selection for all seasons for an SUV. My wife has the Ecopia’s bought last year and haven’t been too impressed.

I’ve got Dueller’s on mine an they are done at 50k km, so that’s no glowing endorsement.
adysworld31 wrote: I have the ecopias on my Sienna. After 4 summers (only - I use winter tires in winter) the tires are worn. Only about 50,000-60,000 km on them at most. Actually just went in to Costco to check a potential leak and they said the tires have to be replaced. Forgot to ask about the warranty (110,000 km). I definitely won’t buy Ecopias again.

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1004 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
Would someone be able to recommend a set of tires for me? I have a 2020 Highlander with:
20” Alloy Wheels & P235/55R20 All-Season Tires

I’d need to buy the rims along with the winter tyres.

It’s going to be a daily commute of 40k each way, and I’d like to get something that’s ranked very well.

Would appreciate maybe a couple options I can read reviews on, but it’s a bit overwhelming to start from scratch.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
19270 posts
8822 upvotes
Oakville
Huh... Has Costco always redirected you offsite for wheel purchase? I thought they used to sell at least steelies.
Newbie
Aug 21, 2012
99 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg
Xi3 are amazing tires. Great wear, great grip. Unfortunately not meant for SUVs. Love them on my car.

Xi2 Lattitude. Great wear, disappointed in performance on minivan. Thinking about the DM-V2 or going with studded Altimax or Hakkas... since new XIce are not available in my vans size.

Concerned with speed of wear on Bridgestones.

Any Dm-v2 fans?
Member
Aug 12, 2003
451 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: I read detailed reviews of each on 1010tires, blackcircles, and tirerack, and all three tires are like mid tier, not even in the top 3 of their categories.

I should have taken advtange of that black circles deal posted earlier...
The Alenza seems to come up as the top SUV tire on more than one site, including the #1 SUV tire on black circle site.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14536 posts
5726 upvotes
Ottawa
Caerus wrote: What's the consensus on the Bridgestone vs Michelin XI3?

The Michelins usually drop in price in September/October.
The new XIce Snow look like they are top contenders. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/te ... p?ttid=258
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sr. Member
May 5, 2007
800 posts
176 upvotes
North York
liviu23 wrote: Someone suggested to have them mounted on rims, taken home and installed around november. But that means you need a separate set of rims, plus the tools to install them yourself.
So if it takes 12 days to receive them and you have up to 14 days to book installation then that should take me into October.
Newbie
Jun 22, 2011
55 posts
20 upvotes
ST CATHARINES
I am interested in a set of these for my expedition and I see 2 options for 275/55/20. Either the Dueler HL Alenza ($229) or HL ALENZA PLUS ($259). Is it worth spending the extra on the PLUS?

The Plus seems to be a newer model but has different speed ratings - like T vs H for regular Alenza.
Member
Aug 22, 2005
280 posts
100 upvotes
Ontario
I'm going to have to call my local Costco tire centre to see if I can pick up the tires and bring them back for install at a later date. I need wheels but want to hold out until late September to see if they will have another wheel deal this year.
Does anyone know when these one day sales usually go live? At midnight?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1227 posts
166 upvotes
Thanks OP. Looks like installation would need to occur sometime around the start of October. I'm not doing a ton of driving now anyways so having winters on 1.5 months early isn't a huge deal, plus I'd be beating the winter rush.
Does anyone know if this is 20% off the tire price only or the entire purchase price (tires, installation, levy)?

BTW if anyone isn't ready to hop on this deal yet, costco will be offering a $100 shop card when purchasing Bridgestone tires between September 14-27.

Top