Dec 3, 2013
499 posts
100 upvotes
Brampton, ON
where did you guys use the teflon tape?
Mar 16, 2013
29 posts
24 upvotes
I did not use it on anything. Anything that has a rubber o-ring doesn't have any need for Teflon tape. If you use Teflon tape on a o-ringed connection you risk distrupting the o-ring and could actually result in a leak.

The only place I could see it being used is connecting your old water line to your new T joint (that is if the old water lines o-ring is looking warn). In that case I'd load up on the Teflon tape and actually remove the old o-ring. Or better yet just purchase a new flexible water line.

Just keep that little pack of Teflon tape incase you chose to change a shower head out!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2682 posts
797 upvotes
North York
Just installed mine after the Raps game and took under 15 mins. It was super easy but perhaps it was because I already had an existing flexible supply line :) The unit comes with some teflon tape which I didn't need and an extra o-ring too. Thanks again OP for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1793 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto
sjangss wrote: where did you guys use the teflon tape?
I...used it on every connection with metal threads. I figured that they provided it so why not, although seeing the other posters perhaps that was unwise!
Banned
Jan 1, 2021
374 posts
158 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Wondering this too - I went to order one today for a family member and it seems they're OOS. Anyone know if they commonly get more stock of these online? Or is it a one-and-done type of inventory deal?
While I don’t know about this model, I did order the $40 bidet some months ago, and it would go in and out of stock regularly. My bidets came directly from Brondell, so I suspect they come back in stock once Brondell gets more.
Mar 31, 2004
253 posts
43 upvotes
Milton
Got mine yesterday. Installed it in about 20 minutes. I too thought that the cold water might be an issue but after trying it out it definitely is not. All I can say is, why didn't I get one of these sooner? It's a game changer.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1245 posts
560 upvotes
T Dot
Sephora wrote: I...used it on every connection with metal threads. I figured that they provided it so why not, although seeing the other posters perhaps that was unwise!
You are not alone. Also used on every connection.
Feb 11, 2007
250 posts
59 upvotes
Anyone here bought this and installed it on a one piece toilet with top mounting screws? any issues with installation?

does the unit come with the parts for that? looking on the brondell website, they seem to sell an add on package for that, but not sure if that is just spare parts or not. https://www.brondell.com/swash-bidet-se ... dware-kit/
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1460 posts
1116 upvotes
Toronto
So are people buying the elongated seat for their round toilets?
Sep 11, 2008
32 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
lwswong wrote: Anyone here bought this and installed it on a one piece toilet with top mounting screws? any issues with installation?
I got mine yesterday and attempted install on a two piece & top mount skirted toilet... no go for me without extra parts. Two issues:
  • The T-valve that's supposed to connect to the toilet basin can't be installed as the skirting comes up too close to the connection (not enough clearance to install the T and then the water supply line). Amazon has this 6" extension that's coming today to fix that (I'll mount the t-valve on the end of the extension outside of the skirting behind the toilet).
  • The mount bolts that come with the seat are your classic nylon bolts and nuts that require access to underneath the mounting holes. Luckily I have access at the back to reach up through, but otherwise I would have to use my existing top mount compression bolts but the bolt heads are too small for the mounting brackets (they slip through)... if you have existing top mount hardware just pick up some washers that fit inside the mounting brackets and you should be set.
May 19, 2004
176 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary, AB
scottybass wrote: I got mine yesterday and attempted install on a two piece & top mount skirted toilet... no go for me without extra parts. Two issues:
  • The T-valve that's supposed to connect to the toilet basin can't be installed as the skirting comes up too close to the connection (not enough clearance to install the T and then the water supply line). Amazon has this 6" extension that's coming today to fix that (I'll mount the t-valve on the end of the extension outside of the skirting behind the toilet).
  • The mount bolts that come with the seat are your classic nylon bolts and nuts that require access to underneath the mounting holes. Luckily I have access at the back to reach up through, but otherwise I would have to use my existing top mount compression bolts but the bolt heads are too small for the mounting brackets (they slip through)... if you have existing top mount hardware just pick up some washers that fit inside the mounting brackets and you should be set.
Good idea ... or you might be able to use a T at the other end) to split it at the water valve.
They are available at Lowes ... 3/8" compression Add-A-Tee for $12
Sep 11, 2008
32 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
buymore4less wrote: Good idea ... or you might be able to use a T at the other end) to split it at the water valve.
They are available at Lowes ... 3/8" compression Add-A-Tee for $12
Even better/cheaper idea, thanks! This keeps the connections a bit more visible so I can see if they're leaking, too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5984 posts
9727 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
scottybass wrote: I got mine yesterday and attempted install on a two piece & top mount skirted toilet... no go for me without extra parts. Two issues:
Just FYI - Another solution for the tank skirting being too close problem was this part from Home Depot I posted earlier in the thread - costco-costco-ca-brondell-swash-cl99-no ... #p33994654
Feb 16, 2003
556 posts
75 upvotes
Reasons to go with this model instead of the one at 39.99 without seat? Is the seat smaller like the electric bidet?
WTB:
Feb 26, 2007
218 posts
243 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: So are people buying the elongated seat for their round toilets?
I have both types of toilets. I’m waiting for a rounded version of this one to become available later on. Fingers crossed!!!
Nov 23, 2006
355 posts
208 upvotes
Ontario
Zen wrote: Reasons to go with this model instead of the one at 39.99 without seat? Is the seat smaller like the electric bidet?
For me, I just preferred it all in one. I think it looks better, and I think the smaller seat hole is to keep your bottom a bit higher to help the spray hit the correct locations without needing to adjust as much. Of course, I've never used the $40 version, so maybe my perception is wrong.

I've heard some people (very few) require bumpers with the $40 version to not put strain on the seat and I don't believe it comes with a self-cleaning nozzle. Whether that's worth it for you, only you can decide.
Feb 16, 2003
556 posts
75 upvotes
xmanofsteel69 wrote: For me, I just preferred it all in one. I think it looks better, and I think the smaller seat hole is to keep your bottom a bit higher to help the spray hit the correct locations without needing to adjust as much. Of course, I've never used the $40 version, so maybe my perception is wrong.

I've heard some people (very few) require bumpers with the $40 version to not put strain on the seat and I don't believe it comes with a self-cleaning nozzle. Whether that's worth it for you, only you can decide.
FYI the other one is also self-clearning. The only thing i can think of is this one doesn't stick out whereas the other has a handle-like and could risk breaking by bumping into it.

But why pay more basically for the seat when you already have one with your toilet, unless you want/need to change it.
WTB:
Nov 23, 2006
355 posts
208 upvotes
Ontario
Zen wrote: FYI the other one is also self-clearning. The only thing i can think of is this one doesn't stick out whereas the other has a handle-like and could risk breaking by bumping into it.

But why pay more basically for the seat when you already have one with your toilet, unless you want/need to change it.
It is self cleaning? Interesting. It doesn't mention that it is anywhere on Costco's website - it only mentions the guard.