[Costco] Costco.ca: Brondell Swash CL99 Non-electric Bidet Toilet Seat $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2021 7:12 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 15, 2017
26 posts
41 upvotes
I bought an elongated seat and realized that my toilet is round when I got home. Looks like this one is going back and hoping that the round version comes in stock at some point.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2912 posts
1347 upvotes
Kingston
If anyone is upgrading from one of the other under seat units the fittings are not universal on the seat end so you’ll still need to replace the “t” junction and the seat to “t” connector hose. Fitted mine today. Not too bad, Teflon tape needed (comes in the kit), couple of small leaks at first but careful hand tightening sorted it all out. I like that the seat and bidet is all in one. It’s a lot sleeker than the unit and seat combo it replaced.
Dec 1, 2007
107 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Like a few people on this thread I was very hesitant/skeptical to go the bidet route. I grabbed the $40 attachment (, and I am very happy I did! I’m not one of those whose who are 100% confident of abandoning TP, I use TP to pat the area dry, but I am definitely using less TP. Need to pat the area as TP would just shred if wiping wet areas.

The area does feel “fresher” Face With Tears Of Joy and wiping with TP seems so unnatural now. The stigma of bidets in North America needs to change. Bidets are a game changer.

One analogy which converted me - would you get into the shower, no water, and start scrubbing yourself with a dry towel? No. Then why would you do that after you go the washroom?

This video also helped,
Jul 23, 2011
488 posts
272 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone who installed this, can you tell me what the 3 small things are on the opposite side of the nozzle (left side of bidet when you are sitting on it). Is it to adjust angle or lid?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12525 posts
7278 upvotes
Markham
MTLCPA wrote: The cold water is a deal breaker for me. Waiting for an electric with heated water function to go on sale.
It's not COLD cold, it's usually room temp water. Unless you use a lot of water, the water in your water line going to your toilet is just sitting there until you run all of the water in the water line out in which case it gets replenished by fresh water from the main water system ie going into your house from the street.

Wake up in the morning and turn on the cold tap and feel the water (or even temp it) coming out of your water faucet. It should be room temp which is around 65-70F. That's what would be hitting your butt.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20065 posts
5456 upvotes
Good Morning
Kaida9 wrote: Anyone who installed this, can you tell me what the 3 small things are on the opposite side of the nozzle (left side of bidet when you are sitting on it). Is it to adjust angle or lid?
I think they are dummy plugs for the higher end models with more features, like the one with hot/cold.

"Brondell Swash Ecoseat Dual Temp Non-Electric Bidet Seat, Round White | The Home Depot Canada" https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bronde ... lsrc=aw.ds
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2102 posts
1518 upvotes
FYI the cold/room temp is water is a complete non-issue with these. It might sound bad having cold water but it really isn’t uncomfortable.
Oct 26, 2008
332 posts
252 upvotes
BurritoJimmy1 wrote: I bought an elongated seat and realized that my toilet is round when I got home. Looks like this one is going back and hoping that the round version comes in stock at some point.
Mine actually fit pretty well on a round bowl, but each throne is a little different.
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
Oct 26, 2008
332 posts
252 upvotes
harrydeals wrote: Real? Or youre just joking?

Looking for a round one but looks like they're all sold out.
I have the elongated on a round bowl. Fits well, but i did some measuring first. You want to make sure the holes line up and the front lip overhang isn’t too drastic.
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
Sep 14, 2012
753 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
VanillaPep wrote: Don't you guys hose your bum when you shower?
You figure everyone just takes a shower after a deuce?
Nov 3, 2009
362 posts
131 upvotes
Winnipeg
these are a game changer. Bought one 10 years ago, bought a second a couple month later for second toilet. you will always want to use it, and begin to hate pooping anywhere else. easy to install, easy to use. One of the best things I've ever bought.

previous posters are correct that cold water 'back there' would seem shocking, but it isn't at all. you aren't as sensitive to temps in that region. And another poster had a right comment- its usually room temp, not cold due to the sitting water in the line. If you have it on for say 20 seconds or so, the water changes from room temp to cold, but that still isn't a bad thing. barely noticable

Only caution- be careful with the pressure! probably obvious but start low. I've never gone about 25% and that's plenty.

I'm a huge promoter of bidets after getting one of these add on units
Nov 14, 2017
36 posts
17 upvotes
Just got the $40 version installed, cold water is not an issue at all. For anyone that's on the edge, just go for it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
9900 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this and am having a hell of a time attaching the t-valve to the tank. it just won't screw on...I think the connector is too short. The bottom part of the tank thread is plastic and might be a bit dull, so it needs a deeper connector to attach
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Apr 25, 2020
12 posts
8 upvotes
organic_panic wrote: I have the elongated on a round bowl. Fits well, but i did some measuring first. You want to make sure the holes line up and the front lip overhang isn’t too drastic.
Can you measure the seat from mounting hole to front? Specs online say 20" but maybe itll be around 18" after installed. Might just be 2" overhand instead of 4" which feels too much...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2801 posts
2753 upvotes
Dash wrote: I bought this and am having a hell of a time attaching the t-valve to the tank. it just won't screw on...I think the connector is too short. The bottom part of the tank thread is plastic and might be a bit dull, so it needs a deeper connector to attach
Thats weird... Unless if your tank connector isn't standard size?
Oct 27, 2011
142 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
Couldn't find any video instructions on how to use this