Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Costco] Costco.ca Burberry Scarfs.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 4:24 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3242 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco.ca Burberry Scarfs.

Unsure if it is a good price or not, but thought to share!

https://www.costco.ca/Burberry-The-Clas ... 60137.html
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Share:
57 replies
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45458 posts
5970 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Decent price, but during Burberry’s sales they can be had for under $400, and their site does not charge tax or duties, so that’s another plus.
May 22, 2016
616 posts
711 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote: Unsure if it is a good price or not, but thought to share!

https://www.costco.ca/Burberry-The-Clas ... 60137.html
Unsure if its a good price, but added to the Hot Deals forum? Sorry dude, that is an instant downvote, moderators should delete this thread so people don't waste their time
Last edited by SS76SS on Dec 17th, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2011
154 posts
34 upvotes
wow! i m sure, we are in a way responsible to nurture those brands...
Can we calculate how much can be "material cost : brand value" ratio for this product ?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2087 posts
1299 upvotes
Markham
I have no complain about the product or price as it's not in my zone.
However, it's very surprising to know people who can afford this also exist in RFD.
RFD is a site for everyone.
Last edited by kunamvahees on Dec 17th, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------
Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6931 posts
6438 upvotes
Toronto
Good luck OP, you're about to get lynched by the pitchfork crowd
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4967 posts
4085 upvotes
Edmonton
Lol it says there is no warranty. I only buy from Costco for the warranty. Cold.....

On a serious note luxury goods like these only sell for such high prices if there is scarcity of supply. Burberry lost that for scarfs when the fakes became so easily available.

Go buy a 100 scarfs and food for some less privileged people this holiday season and you'll be much much much happier. We can even do an RFD group buy. I'd pitch in.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4967 posts
4085 upvotes
Edmonton
fatestkid wrote: Lol it says there is no warranty. I only buy from Costco for the warranty. Cold.....

On a serious note luxury goods like these only sell for such high prices if there is scarcity of supply. Burberry lost that for scarfs when the fakes became so easily available.

Go buy a 100 scarfs and food for some less privileged people this holiday season and you'll be much much much happier. We can even do an RFD group buy. I'd pitch in.
To follow up. I made a donation dedicated to RFD.

If you are even slightly considering buying this scarf than you can spare some change. I implore you to donate today and see how you feel. Here is a link to donate to Toronto foodbank. https://www.dailybread.ca/ways-to-give/
Images
  • 740430728.png
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1200 posts
944 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a similar scarf in beige and I tried to find this checkered style during the recent Burberry sale but couldn't find it. The sub 400 scarfs are completely different however for this style, I'd say it is worth it and it isn't for everyone
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3315 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Lol it says there is no warranty.

"In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product."
I realize you're joking, but I prefer that over the manufacturer's warranty. That policy applies to anything Costco sells where Costco is not an authorized retailer.
If a product fails within the official manufacturer's warranty period, just bring the item back to Costco for a full refund.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Dec 17th, 2018 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2783 posts
5508 upvotes
Decent deal.
During the Burberry sales you can get the scarves cheaper, however the deals are usually on the weird/ funky stuff, not the classics.

10 years ago retail for one of these was $350, now its $550.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3315 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: During the Burberry sales you can get the scarves cheaper, however the deals are usually on the weird/ funky stuff, not the classics.
Yeah, I rarely see this one go on sale: https://ca.burberry.com/the-classic-che ... -p39937341.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Mar 7, 2009
478 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
got one from Costco 10 years ago, similar one, around $250 or maybe $300
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2783 posts
5508 upvotes
smartiesummer wrote: got one from Costco 10 years ago, similar one, around $250 or maybe $300
Yeah, I was at the outlet in Buffalo around that time and it was like $130 for the thinner (less wide) non cashmere version and like $250-275 for the cashmere.

Crazy how weak our dollar has gotten.
Aug 26, 2004
34 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'll upvote this ... for what it is, it's a pretty good price.
Oct 11, 2007
323 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
YiFanJ263133 wrote: I admit that 400+$ for a scarf is crazy. But the 400+$ cashmere will not feel the same as 15$ polyester from aliexpress. And course they are not made from the same place.
People buying this is not because they think the cashmere feels great. They buy cause they think they look great in the brand. You can easily buy a cashemere scarf that feels great for WAY less
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3239 posts
3035 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Decent deal.
During the Burberry sales you can get the scarves cheaper, however the deals are usually on the weird/ funky stuff, not the classics.

10 years ago retail for one of these was $350, now its $550.
That's what I was going to say ....I dont remember these (even the cashmere ones) being that much! It's been a while!

You can get the non-cashmere authentic Burberry ones in Europe for like 70 Euros back in the day (over 10 years ago too) .....almost as soft ...good enough for me
Dec 26, 2012
290 posts
244 upvotes
TORONTO
people in this thread are ridiculous. If you don't like designer prices, get out. Yea you can get cheaper ones, but people aren't buying this because it's a cashmere scarf, they are buying it because it's Burberry. People also know you can get a knock off for pennies and where to to get it, but they don't because they don't wear knock off. that's their preference. Not everyone drives a Ford Fiesta, some people like nicer cars though they do the exact same thing, get you from A to B.

For this particular scarf, i'd say this is a good deal. Burberry has sales where it's cheaper, but they never include their classic scarf. This specific one is typically $550 - $600.

The whole point of RFD is to find deals for specific products and brands, this is a deal.
Dec 1, 2012
333 posts
373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sold out already ?

Shit I come late