• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 6:13 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2008
97 posts
132 upvotes
Missisauga

[Costco] Costco.ca: Callaway Edge 10-piece Golf Set $679 - $739

Not a discount deal, but a really good set of Golf Clubs are in stock again from

https://www.costco.ca/callaway-edge-10- ... 49344.html - 10 Piece Set

https://www.costco.ca/callaway-edge-10- ... 50214.html - 10 Piece Graphite Shaft Set
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 9th, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
212 replies
May 31, 2016
7 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks AriStar, been waiting for stock to show up for months now!!! Finally got to order a set.

Anyone see this in store? might be cheaper in store.
Dec 28, 2017
62 posts
64 upvotes
These look like they have good reviews. I'm a casual golfer with a set of hand me downs.. maybe I should upgrade. Are these good? Any thoughts on graphite vs reg set?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2208 posts
827 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
TeddyPants wrote: These look like they have good reviews. I'm a casual golfer with a set of hand me downs.. maybe I should upgrade. Are these good? Any thoughts on graphite vs reg set?
Graphite shafts are a lot lighter than steel shafts, which means faster swing speed and more distance.

This is a good beginner set, Callaway is one of the top brands.

I just hope people know that this set doesn't come with a bag, so you still have to buy one. But, have a look at Sportchek and their current sale for a deal on golf bags.
Oct 27, 2006
868 posts
126 upvotes
If anyone is on the fence about this item, buy now and think later

This will hold its value for years to come, as well sell out sooner rather than later.

Every time I've golfed this year the course has been packed (on weekends).

Buy now, enjoy them take care of them and you should have no issue selling them for at least 500 down the road if you choose to give up the game.
Dec 28, 2017
62 posts
64 upvotes
Thanks! Got a decent bag and all the gear. Do you find that switching to graphite shafts is a bit of a learning curve?
Feb 1, 2015
888 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wish I saw this earlier. I’ve been trying to find a good set of lefts for months
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1611 posts
473 upvotes
Canada
thanks for being OOS just saved myself money lol
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Nov 13, 2012
33 posts
38 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote: Graphite shafts are a lot lighter than steel shafts, which means faster swing speed and more distance.

This is a good beginner set, Callaway is one of the top brands.

I just hope people know that this set doesn't come with a bag, so you still have to buy one. But, have a look at Sportchek and their current sale for a deal on golf bags.
This is not necessarily accurate.... the majority of people should not be playing with graphite shafts and depending on the swing may see a loss in distance. There is way more to a proper swing than speed.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1943 posts
394 upvotes
Alberta
Last I heard, the irons are rebadged X2 Hot from a couple years back.

Decided not to wait for these to come in, and replaced my hand me downs from used clubs.
Jan 27, 2011
439 posts
284 upvotes
TeddyPants wrote: These look like they have good reviews. I'm a casual golfer with a set of hand me downs.. maybe I should upgrade. Are these good? Any thoughts on graphite vs reg set?
My brother has a set of these. They're good/fine and would suit your purpose. That said, if I were you, I'd go with used clubs from CL/Kijiji. Golf clubs haven't advanced a huge amount in a while, and i'd rather have an old top of the line set than these.

You can usually get deals on sets that a 10ish years old from guys that are getting new toys. If you buy new ones, they'll look the same after a few rounds anyway - the only thing you'd need to do (perhaps not even right away) is re-grip them. It also seems more common for people to have club fittings done these days - which, iirc means resizing shafts - so that would be another thing to be aware of when buying. Most guys still play with the set 'out of the box' - but it's worth being aware of.

If you're only going to play 2-5 rounds a year (let's say), i'd just get a used set for $150-200 and maybe spend around the same on a driver, then invest the difference in some lessons or more rounds. Either would help your game more than new/better clubs.
Oct 1, 2012
39 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Man, wish I saw this earlier too.
Literally been refreshing this daily after seeing this in the Costco Connection magazine.
If someone bought one and looking to refund, I'd love to purchase off you in Mississauga Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Until then, it's back to constant refreshing on the site!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2208 posts
827 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
jimmylangs wrote: This is not necessarily accurate.... the majority of people should not be playing with graphite shafts and depending on the swing may see a loss in distance. There is way more to a proper swing than speed.
I answered the question; wasn't a recommendation for either or. He asked about the difference between graphite shafts versus reg./steel. smh... Graphite shafts are lighter than steel, that's a fact!
Sep 5, 2008
752 posts
685 upvotes
Port Moody
Good deal... I'm trying to piece together a set now (putter, wedges, drivers, hybrids. bag etc.) and it's all adding up REALLY quick!!
Oct 14, 2017
268 posts
134 upvotes
Coming from a PGA of Canada Professional....I AGREE!

As far as the clubs go, I think they’re decent for the price. Warranty is great as always. Very short supply right now with all club manufacturers.
clseea wrote: Save your money, get lessons first
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1119 posts
760 upvotes
Montr
Before you buy this, know that golf club is at near top of list of things people usually buy but rarely use
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1515 posts
145 upvotes
Montreal
Why are they all right handed?!

I'm a righty IRL but lefty at hockey and golf!
Knowledge is power

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)