[Costco] Costco.ca Capital One up to 4% bonus cash back April 2nd - 5th

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2021 4:03 pm
[OP]
Dec 2, 2018
39 posts
57 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca Capital One up to 4% bonus cash back April 2nd - 5th

Just got an email stating that another bonus CB would be offered starting from tomorrow:

From April 2 to 5, use your Capital One Costco Mastercard at Costco.ca to earn up to 4% cash back on your purchases.²

More details on Costco.ca starting April 2

² Purchases made (net of returns) on Costco.ca using your Capital One Costco Mastercard on April 2 to 5, 2021 will earn cash back at the regular rate of 0.5% (if you’ve spent up to $3,000 on all other purchases so far this year) or 1% (if you’ve spent over $3,000 on all other purchases so far this year), plus 3% bonus cash back, which will be applied to your account in May 2021. For bonus cash back to be applied, the purchase transactions must be posted to your account by May 5, 2021, and your account must be open and in good standing on the date we calculate the bonus, which means that your account is not past due, fraudulent, restricted, or part of a consumer credit counselling program or bankruptcy. Offer not available for in-warehouse purchases.
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5910 posts
2771 upvotes
Toronto
From past experience, gift cards work for this.
Apr 17, 2015
577 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Never liked using this card (especially at CostCo).. except for gas and restaurants.

Offer not available in warehouse? So it's online only (including gift cards)?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1027 posts
504 upvotes
Montreal
I quite like the mobile app from Capital One, any other Canadian credit card that are as good but with "better" cards? I really like the instant notification I get on every purchase I do.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2396 posts
276 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP, didn't receive an email, extra CB always nice
Nov 24, 2018
657 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
guys, you have to track these bonus money from Capital one when its due.
Even the bonus tracker on their site is not reflecting.
Capital one rep apparently tries not to honor these bonus, I had to speak to costco "special award" team to know what was these promo and had capital one credit me back.
Good they are on the way out.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14615 posts
8710 upvotes
Southern Ontario
fjanicki wrote: I quite like the mobile app from Capital One, any other Canadian credit card that are as good but with "better" cards? I really like the instant notification I get on every purchase I do.
Costco will transition to another Mastercard, you can wait for that. Or if there are particular perks you're after and depending on where else you shop and how much you spend, just use the site I listed above to view Best Cards. Costco will continue to accept any Mastercard in store.
Sep 9, 2003
132 posts
34 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Costco will transition to another Mastercard, you can wait for that. Or if there are particular perks you're after and depending on where else you shop and how much you spend, just use the site I listed above to view Best Cards. Costco will continue to accept any Mastercard in store.
How do you know Costco is transitioning to another MasterCard? Got a link to see the details?
Dec 19, 2017
39 posts
37 upvotes
dilbert wrote: How do you know Costco is transitioning to another MasterCard? Got a link to see the details?
There was a speculation their new partner was gonna be Scotiabank because someone found a link.
Dec 2, 2014
73 posts
15 upvotes
Thank you for this.

So does it mean if you spent in total on that card
<$3000 in 2021, then its 3.5% cb
>$3000 in 2021, then its 4% cb

*with the possibility of them not honoring it ever when pay day comes in May 2021?
Feb 25, 2015
930 posts
1139 upvotes
NB
FriendlyUnit wrote: Isn’t Cap One on its last legs with Costco?
Possibly. They just sent me a letter re: ancient MC World - the 1.5% cash back going down to 1% at the end of April. It’s been a good run, but I might switch to PCF MC WE
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Nov 23, 2018
865 posts
301 upvotes
Markham ON
Isn't the relationship ending?
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Oct 12, 2020
48 posts
46 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Costco will transition to another Mastercard, you can wait for that. Or if there are particular perks you're after and depending on where else you shop and how much you spend, just use the site I listed above to view Best Cards. Costco will continue to accept any Mastercard in store.
Do you know what will happen to the products with extended warranties? I bought a MacBook Pro in January using this credit card and now I’m worried that it won’t be covered for the extra year if they close accounts.
Mar 21, 2011
648 posts
796 upvotes
Hmm didn't get the email yet. Even if the relationship is ending with Costco I am sure the cash back will be fine till paid out.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4852 posts
506 upvotes
BC
Manatus wrote: From past experience, gift cards work for this.
Too bad no Uber eats or doordash
Sep 27, 2008
841 posts
657 upvotes
fjanicki wrote: I quite like the mobile app from Capital One, any other Canadian credit card that are as good but with "better" cards? I really like the instant notification I get on every purchase I do.
Imo the capital one app sucks. Capital One in Canada still hasn't integrated with Google Pay, no biometric login choice, and the notification that it's logged me off is annoying (why do I need to know I was logged off)... If where you shop takes Amex, the Cobalt is an excellent card and it has the notifications system or you can use Google Pay for notifications (what I do).
Mar 31, 2010
332 posts
168 upvotes
If you are with BMO, their app does this too, I think it’s just off by default. It is indeed a very handy feature