Aug 25, 2009
95 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco.ca: Casio G shock Mudman $129.99

Lowest price I have seen on Casio Mudman
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 12th, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
31 replies
Oct 14, 2017
94 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
I never understood the fascination with G-Shocks and why anyone would pay that much for a digital watch, especially if only to make a fashion statement.

But it all came to make sense to me while travelling. I'm the type of person that can't leave the home without a watch on my wrist. I did not feel comfortable taking one of my nicer watches for fear of damaging them, so I was watch-less for a good portion of my trip.

I ended up looking for something to put on my wrist that I wouldn't need to worry about breaking or scuffing up. That's when G Shocks caught my attention, and more specifically, the classic DW-5600E.

I never would have considered it a looker before, but after buying one I can say I love its simple retro styling. It doesn't attract any attention, it's lightweight, and probably my most indestructible electronic device under $50.

So I totally get the appeal now.

Oct 19, 2020
7 posts
13 upvotes
They're well built and durable. I've worn mine pretty much everyday since 2014 and not a single scratch on it. They've gone through pools, beaches, spartan races, hiking, hunting, you name it. I've worn them in places where the temperatures have reached 45°C and -50°C and it functions flawlessly. In the last 7 years I haven't had a single issue with it.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1565 posts
282 upvotes
Not atomic time keeping, correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1349 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
To those wondering about the G-Shock cult following : I have my oldest one since 1999. Atomic, solar..at that time I got it for 50$ at Costco - one of my first purchases after getting a card. Probably the equivalent of 130$ today Winking Face
Works EXACTLY as it did 20 years ago, even the bracelet is in good shape.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Nov 4, 2006
413 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
keep an eye on bay sales..I think mudman was sub $100 last week and bounces around quite a bit.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1858 posts
403 upvotes
Think I'm going to hold off for an atomic one, but they're tempting.
Jun 12, 2013
35 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Sum_guy wrote: Think I'm going to hold off for an atomic one, but they're tempting.
This is a great watch at a great price, you might like the rangeman but looking around 250 on sale. Atomic isn't really necessary these don't loose time like a mechanical watch would.

I know the japan version of this mudman has the atomic time but it's quite up there in price and can't get them local.

You could always buy and try it out costco has a good return policy.
Apr 25, 2016
152 posts
111 upvotes
yow
Will the Costco one able to go under water? It says water resistant but not water proof. Per the video posted it appears to work under water but will it last?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1849 posts
254 upvotes
7things wrote: Will the Costco one able to go under water? It says water resistant but not water proof. Per the video posted it appears to work under water but will it last?
Water resistant means it can go under water, water proof it can resist to splashes but not under water
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1033 posts
574 upvotes
East of Toronto
pmdoit wrote: Water resistant means it can go under water, water proof it can resist to splashes but not under water
Actually just the opposite.
Mar 7, 2005
786 posts
249 upvotes
I don't think any company will say water proof. Implies that nothing will ever happen if it goes under water. Water resistant means it is not likely to break, but there is a small chance of it. Legal difference. I've got an old Timex Shock with 200m water resistance and has never let me down. It's my get dirty and I don't care watch.
Feb 18, 2007
919 posts
1121 upvotes
Vancouver
pmdoit wrote: Water resistant means it can go under water, water proof it can resist to splashes but not under water
Lol what
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1654 posts
2966 upvotes
uh no

Water resistant means it will break if it gets wet because the watch "resists" getting wet while water proof means the watch will ferment and expand if it gets wet the same way dough is "proofed" before baking
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2883 posts
1279 upvotes
Kingston
The barometer ones are really good for weather prediction! I have a gshock and a protreck...both indestructible.