Costco

Costco.ca | Casper Select 12" Mattress - $560 Double, $690 Queen, $800 King

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2021 11:07 pm
Mar 12, 2013
592 posts
261 upvotes
YEG
Looking for a kingsize bed frame from thomasville and came across this thread. Planning to buy this mattress along with the kingsize bed frame which is 899. does anyone know if thomasville goes on sale at discounted price?. Last time i saw this bed frame instores and it was 499 and was sold out pretty fast.
Jun 3, 2007
825 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have any experience with the remote control adjustable bed? Is it worth the extra costs and how does the mattress conform to the shape of the frame?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2336 posts
3075 upvotes
Does anyone know if you return it, does Casper come pick it up on behalf of Costco? Or do you have to bring it to the Costco store?

Also what happens to mattresses that are returned? Never bought a mattress online before, so does it go in the landfill?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1526 posts
2184 upvotes
Kingston
Jackji wrote: Does anyone know how these compare to

Springwall Chiropractic Hybrid mattresses : https://www.costco.ca/springwall-chirop ... 18929.html

or the comfort Tech Elite Aurora : https://www.costco.ca/comfort-tech%e2%8 ... 43843.html

Both are priced lower and are the same or even thicker in thickness. All of which are also on sale
SavvyShopperCa wrote: From what I read, memory foam mattress are not ideal for heavy weight individuals, is this true ? can anyone comment on that ?
simplypop wrote: How "soft" are these? I'm looking for a firm mattress.
theradicalz wrote: I'm 6' 255. I've owned it for 2 years and it's the best mattress I've ever owned. Much better than Endy.
bboy2143 wrote: I’m a side sleeper. Would this be good for me?
First of all, this is the best review that I've seen on Casper mattress (link).

Secondly, I bought this a couple of months ago. I'm a side sleeper with bad aches. My feedback:

- Mattress is slightly on a firmer side. You don't get the sinking feeling, but it's comfortable.
- The mattress works great with the Casper pillow.
- I sleep for on average 6hrs and I don't find my back aching after waking up.
- The mattress is not bouncy so the other person doesn't feel it when you are moving around. However, if you toss and turn too much then obviously you'll feel it.

Overall, I was hoping to have a better feel than I am getting due to the mattress being a bit more firmer than my expectation.

Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4179 posts
3644 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: I've been using a Seahorse firm mattress since 1993 - still firm as a rock.
Getting a Diamond one delivered today... Hope it's good as it's double these prices...
Jun 3, 2007
825 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote: Does anyone know if you return it, does Casper come pick it up on behalf of Costco? Or do you have to bring it to the Costco store?

Also what happens to mattresses that are returned? Never bought a mattress online before, so does it go in the landfill?
If the mattress is gently used I believe that some of the mattress companies try to donate the mattress to charity.
Jun 28, 2007
90 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote: I would also desperately want to know this

Thanks
Bought a Queen at the last Costco sale. Quickly returned it. It was too soft and way too warm for me.
If you're going to go with a mattress-in-a-box, get a hybrid.

Most online reviews are fake. Manufacturers of most brands have even invaded RFD - treat each review with a grain of salt.
Jul 17, 2017
154 posts
68 upvotes
BC

The 2020 Update video is the new Casper. The old Casper is the one which is sold at Costco and is this video
muffin4life wrote: Getting a Diamond one delivered today... Hope it's good as it's double these prices...
Diamond ones last forever but I find them only good for back or front sleepers as they are so hard. Side sleepers be wary
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1014 posts
2220 upvotes
Picked up a Zinus off Amazon 3 years ago for a third of the price and it is arguably no different than this. You're paying for the name.
2010-2022 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4179 posts
3644 upvotes
StickmansamV wrote:

The 2020 Update video is the new Casper. The old Casper is the one which is sold at Costco and is this video

Diamond ones last forever but I find them only good for back or front sleepers as they are so hard. Side sleepers be wary
They are double sided so one side is "softer"...
May 17, 2011
737 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
deus wrote: I just bought the novaform mattress from costco. Does anyone have any opinions on this one vs that? We like our mattresses on the firmer side. I'm 5'6" (150 lbs) and wife is 5'2" (110 lbs) if that helps.
We own 2 Novaform and two family members have them from our recommendation. We're heavier than you and don't consider it soft, although it does give on the surface then gets firm, if that makes sense.
Anyway, we love this mattress, best one we've ever owned. Also, I had an issue with the second one we bought not fully inflating and they replaced with zero issues.
Aug 30, 2015
45 posts
59 upvotes
Regina, Sk
simplypop wrote: Does anyone know if you return it, does Casper come pick it up on behalf of Costco? Or do you have to bring it to the Costco store?
It would be a scheduled pickup with a courier. I had been in contact with both Costco and Kasper about my mattress being too smelly (I'm allergic to most thing, including this mattress), so someone scheduled a courier to come without telling me. I had returned my mattress in store as I couldn't wait to get ride of it.

I had the king size bed, and thought it was pretty firm, and lots of support. I thought it was a great mattress from my limited use.
Feb 17, 2019
47 posts
71 upvotes
reyoasian wrote: Are these too warm for summer?
From my experience, yes. I did not enjoy sleeping on it during the hot and humid Toronto summer (I bought a portable A/C to remedy the problem); It's not as sweaty as a memory foam mattress I tried one summer in Phoenix, Arizona, but still not good. I also found that the foam was noticeably deformed within 2 years.

*I should mention that this was around 2017-2018, so perhaps the design has improved*
Last edited by mdhmdh on Jun 16th, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 14, 2015
356 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
jrshopper wrote: We own 2 Novaform and two family members have them from our recommendation. We're heavier than you and don't consider it soft, although it does give on the surface then gets firm, if that makes sense.
Anyway, we love this mattress, best one we've ever owned. Also, I had an issue with the second one we bought not fully inflating and they replaced with zero issues.
Returned a few smelly mattresses from Costco after more than 6 months. Most still reeked of chemicals. The only one that didn’t has been the sealy basic foam one that it just a hard block, good for firm sleepers or I guess you could add a topper and at least it probably won’t cave in like most foam ones do. Costco schedules a truck to come to your door and pick it up. No hassle.
Nov 30, 2015
2 posts
Toronto
Does anyone know if they come in the 'box' for easy transport? Need for the fall- university.
Oct 4, 2009
418 posts
365 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
jrshopper wrote: We own 2 Novaform and two family members have them from our recommendation. We're heavier than you and don't consider it soft, although it does give on the surface then gets firm, if that makes sense.
Thank you very much for your input. I makes me happy about my choice!
[OP]
Sep 22, 2006
684 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
Which novaform mattress did you buy?