[Costco] Costco.ca: Dorel Quinny Hubb Stroller $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 9:55 pm
[OP]
Sep 23, 2020
34 posts
65 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Dorel Quinny Hubb Stroller $599.99

Costco has Dorel Quinny Hubb strollers in black (linked) and gray/cork for $600. These normally go for $1k. I don't have one of these, but have something similar and it's hard to explain how much a good stroller is worth, especially if you're walking around rough terrain or in snow...
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 3rd, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
42 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1874 posts
597 upvotes
Upvoted for OP's effort posting a product that's deeply discounted and might be of interest to some (but seemingly not everyone, unlike a pair of $30 hiking shoes at Mark's... the world would be a much more peaceful place if there were more $30 hiking shoes)

Stayed for the show. (insert MJ eating popcorn meme)
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1776 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver
DanielM491 wrote: a Bob stroller is much better value.
Perfect, I'll just spend extra money on a bigger car just because I need a Bob Stroller, RFD told me it's the best stroller and no other solution is appropriate for anyone else because RFD stroller guy's authority on the matter is absolute.
Feb 25, 2006
198 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
I bought a Stokke and I never regretted. Strollers are the only thing I tell people to spend money for babies since it's the only thing you use constantly. Sold it 6 years later for about 30% what I paid for it.

I also never regretted buying my Ikea crib for $200. Sold it 6 years later for 50% of what I paid for it.
Last edited by kingpin748 on Dec 3rd, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1776 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyway, one interesting review talked about the "hop on board" accessory. I have two kids, 1 & 3, so this could be a good solution for me. I have a buggy board on my stroller but it gets in the way of my walking, we do a lot of shopping within walking distance, and the younger child for the seat. But I'm not going to spend $600 at this time, but if this deal was around last year when the infant was just born, I might have bought.

https://www.pushchairexpert.com/en/push ... bb-review/
Dec 24, 2017
187 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
kingpin748 wrote: I bought a Stokke and I never regretted. Strollers are the only thing I tell people to spend money for babies since it's the only thing you use constantly. Sold it 6 years later for about 30% what I paid for it.

I also never regretted buying my Ikea crib for $200. Sold it 6 years later for 50% of what I paid for it.
Baby due in few months. Interested in the IKEA crib you bought and if you don’t mind sharing ! Would you recommend it ?
Jan 4, 2016
139 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
* About to be a new dad, is this a good stroller or no? *
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1776 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver
sipjd65 wrote: *. About to be a new dad, is this a good stroller or no? *
Things to consider:
- Do you walk in your neighbourhood a lot? Get something full sized with rugged wheels, bigger ones nicer than tiny ones. Comfy to push, all the features that can make it enjoyable to be out and about.
- Walk & shop? A bigger basket is nice, but hooks/large carabiners + bags do make it okay, just don't overload it or it can be a tipping hazard.
- Do you have stairs out the door, or are you in condo with an elevator? A big stroller you need to haul down the stairs is annoying, but if you have an elevator it doesn't matter. I suppose if you keep your stroller in the car all the time, or garage it'll be okay, but some people can only keep them in their home.
- Do you drive to places a lot? is your car small? A compact stroller like the babyzen yoyo+ (and all the other strollers made to compete, uppababy minu etc https://strolleria.com/collections/stro ... byzen-yoyo) can be nice because you can still hold other stuff in your car, infact we could place it under the car seat in the footwell of the backseat if need be, we just didn't it often because it could become a liability in car crash.
- Do you plan to jog or bike with your kid? Consider a jogging stroller, I've seen some that can convert to a bike trailer too.

We have two strollers, a full sized stroller for walking around (we have a mall and a few parks near us) but a compact stroller for the car (kia stinger, has space but not enough space for our nuna mixx + costco hauls), both are/were compatible with the infant car seat we got (important for the first few months)

This quinny hubb as your only stroller would be good if:
You walk around locally and have a large car to bring around on driving trips, but you don't go on gravel trails etc a lot. you shop and need the big basket, and you have a maxi-cosi or nuna car seat (double check on the nuna one, pretty sure maxi-cosi & nuna have the same car seat adaptors)
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Mar 11, 2018
31 posts
20 upvotes
$600?!!?!?!?! Are strollers always so expensive?
[OP]
Sep 23, 2020
34 posts
65 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: * About to be a new dad, is this a good stroller or no? *
what the previous poster said. we also have two, one large (thule) and one that fits into a plane overhead (maclaren). they both have their uses, but i'd take the big over the small as long as it fits where i need it to.

on the other end of things, it's costco. so if you end up not liking it, you can take it back...
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Feb 25, 2006
198 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
jaktor wrote: Baby due in few months. Interested in the IKEA crib you bought and if you don’t mind sharing ! Would you recommend it ?
Yeah I would. It worked great for 3 kids and it sold fast on Kijij. It was a Sundvik and converts into a small bed when it's time.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1776 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver
jaktor wrote: Baby due in few months. Interested in the IKEA crib you bought and if you don’t mind sharing ! Would you recommend it ?
For kid #1, we got the ikea SNIGLAR for kid $99 and now it's doing just fine for baby #2.
Last edited by Sypsy on Dec 4th, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 11, 2018
53 posts
24 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: * About to be a new dad, is this a good stroller or no? *
As a recent new dad, we bought 2 Quinny strollers and I can't say enough good things about them. One was similar to this for going out for walks, the other was a fold up for shopping trips, travel. Excellent quality and very stylish! We paid $100s more than this deal.
Jan 4, 2016
139 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the replies to my questions guys - I am just wondering how does this compare to Uppa Baby Vista? is the Vista all hype? From what ive been seeing from youtube video reviews, it looks a lot more sturdier/solid than the Vista...anyone can comment on that?
Jun 17, 2017
62 posts
100 upvotes
They are usually studied but made with lighter material, have better wheels and manuverability etc. I don't know about 4000 ones though.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2020
34 posts
65 upvotes
evange wrote: Yes, but how is a $600 (or $4000) stroller appreciably different from an $80 one?
quite different, actually. i don't know about this particular model, though someone up in the thread praises it. but comparables are built better. they feel better. big wheels move better on almost any terrain. there are multiple addons that you can have (seat for second baby, bassinet, etc, etc), large shopping basket is something i've used when i've taken my little one for walks and we needed to pick up a few groceries. there's usually a height adjustable handle, etc, etc. think of it this way, a chevy spark and an S series mercedes will both get you places. but the experience of getting there is hugely different
[OP]
Sep 23, 2020
34 posts
65 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: Thanks for the replies to my questions guys - I am just wondering how does this compare to Uppa Baby Vista? is the Vista all hype? From what ive been seeing from youtube video reviews, it looks a lot more sturdier/solid than the Vista...anyone can comment on that?
i don't really have a direct comparison. the vista is not all hype. it's a pretty good stroller, but i picked a thule equivalent over it because it felt better/sturdier and more versatile to me. vista is also quite a bit more money than this. again, this is costco, so if you don't like it, you take it back