Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Echelon Connect EX-4s Spin Bike - $1399

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 10:42 pm
Nov 22, 2017
6 posts
39 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Echelon Connect EX-4s Spin Bike - $1399

YMMV on this for sure, but the Echelon Connect EX-4s Spin Bike (w/ 1-year Subscription) is available on costco.ca currently for $1399 .

As of 12:25 EST, there were 70 remaining.
[EDIT 1] As of 15:25 EST, there were 15 remaining
[EDIT 2] OOS
Not confirmed until I receive the item, but I have read separately this is also Bluetooth ready (not in the official description for some reason). This may be useful info for some.
Last edited by GaillimhAbu on Jan 20th, 2021 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
62 replies
May 13, 2013
367 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this at Costco newmarket over the weekend. There were a few on the floor.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2052 posts
3032 upvotes
Airdrie
Looks like the fancy pants version of the connect sport.

Other than some cosmetics the only difference appears to be the "10 screen.

The extra $700 wouldn't be worth it to me.

Most people were able to get the 1-year subscription included on the sport by selecting costco when signing up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
The fly wheel is heavier i believe compared to the sport.
Nov 26, 2018
326 posts
521 upvotes
Rural AB
EPcjay wrote: The fly wheel is heavier i believe compared to the sport.
Yep the connect sport has a smaller flywheel, ~15 lbs compared to ~28 lbs on the higher models.

This vid is a good comparison for further details

Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto
The 44lb flywheel on the Sunny Health bike at Costco is a good option for those not needing a built-in screen or Bluetooth...
Lostx403 wrote: Yep the connect sport has a smaller flywheel, ~15 lbs compared to ~28 lbs on the higher models.

This vid is a good comparison for further details

Jan 27, 2011
718 posts
773 upvotes
I wonder if you can sideload apps on the built-in screen? Apparently, it is Android based.
Nov 26, 2018
326 posts
521 upvotes
Rural AB
I bought an EX-5 without the screen and just finished setting up my media PC that I have hooked up to my TV to dual boot between Windows and Android x86.

Nice to be able to use my TV and sound bar, everything works great with the bluetooth connection to my PC and I can use the Echelon app or anything else down the road.

Was surprised you can't just log into an Echelon website and on a Windows based machine to view/use their classes, and with app iOS or Android dependency, it sent me down the rabbit hole of using android x86. Good option for those who are technically inclined.
Jan 27, 2011
718 posts
773 upvotes
Lostx403 wrote: I bought an EX-5 without the screen and just finished setting up my media PC that I have hooked up to my TV to dual boot between Windows and Android x86.

Nice to be able to use my TV and sound bar, everything works great with the bluetooth connection to my PC and I can use the Echelon app or anything else down the road.

Was surprised you can't just log into an Echelon website and on a Windows based machine to view/use their classes, and with app iOS or Android dependency, it sent me down the rabbit hole of using android x86. Good option for those who are technically inclined.
What are the main pros and cons between the EX-5 and the EX-4s? I don't know if I should just wait for the EX-5 to come in stock again?
Nov 26, 2018
326 posts
521 upvotes
Rural AB
hotsauce007 wrote: What are the main pros and cons between the EX-5 and the EX-4s? I don't know if I should just wait for the EX-5 to come in stock again?
I think the EX-5 is just a newer model with a few tweaks, comparison breakdown can be found here: https://echelonfit.com/pages/compare-bikes - US site but has the comparison breakdown.

Basically losing the screen going to the EX-5, different handlebar/device setup, weight holders, water bottle holder, everything else is just about the same spec wise.

London Drugs has/had some EX-5 in stock, can still get the year echelon account subscription just by selecting Costco as place of purchase, that's what I did.
Jan 28, 2013
40 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
There are around 7 of these in Heartland ($1339.99) if anyone is interested in getting it right away instead of online.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14179 upvotes
Toronto
saw this today at Thorncliffe, they had 2 or 3 on the floor.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
So what’s the general senses of this ? Good deal ? Does it sell out quick in stores ?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5069 upvotes
East GTA
Master2031 wrote: So what’s the general senses of this ? Good deal ? Does it sell out quick in stores ?
I'd consider the Schwinn at this price point. More flexibility with apps.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
redkulat wrote: I'd consider the Schwinn at this price point. More flexibility with apps.
Interesting. Anyone else ?
Jan 8, 2019
199 posts
631 upvotes
Master2031 wrote: Interesting. Anyone else ?
Oh what the heck, I’ll put my two cents in.

I’d been looking for a spin bike to have at home for a couple weeks. Was eyeing the Echelon Connect from that Walmart deal for a bit, but just didn’t like how long it would take to ship. I didn’t really know much about the Schwinn though if you could get it for $999 when on sale I think that might be the best deal.

At any rate, I was at Costco for groceries and saw the EX-4s on the floor for $1339. It was maybe a bit more than I wanted to spend, especially after looking at the Walmart version, but then I thought what the hell, I want a spin bike, Echelon is a good name, and it’s Costco so you know it might not be the greatest price but it’s a fair one with the best return policy and customer service. And I got to take it home that day. So I got one.

Been using it for almost a week now and I love it. I’ve read more reviews and looked up more details about it since to get a better idea of the differences between it and less expensive models, and honestly I think the only bike that might beat it purely in terms of value is the IC4. The commenter before who said you have more flexibility in apps may be right just because the IC4 doesn’t have a screen, but realistically you can use any app you want to the same effect with the Echelon and their free ride mode, you’re not just tied down to the Echelon app if you don’t want to be. But, if you want to be, you have the perk of doing the Echelon workouts for a year with this one too, which so far I’ve been really enjoying.

I guess in a nutshell: this bike is really the best middle ground. Its quality and general build seems higher than the Echelon Connect, maybe not double-the-price higher, but it moves it into that IC4 category with the heavier flywheel. It might be a couple hundred more than the IC4, but I think once you incorporate the Costco service and Echelon membership for a year it evens out. Basically, no it’s not an amazing deal, but it’s not a rip-off either. It’s perfectly average, it’s a great quality bike, and you won’t be disappointed with the performance. I might not recommend to order one from the site for the extra $60 it costs to ship (incorporated into the online price), but if you see one in-store I’d say grab it and start exercising today instead of putting it off for another month waiting for that perfect deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
sleepyhound wrote: Oh what the heck, I’ll put my two cents in.

I’d been looking for a spin bike to have at home for a couple weeks. Was eyeing the Echelon Connect from that Walmart deal for a bit, but just didn’t like how long it would take to ship. I didn’t really know much about the Schwinn though if you could get it for $999 when on sale I think that might be the best deal.

At any rate, I was at Costco for groceries and saw the EX-4s on the floor for $1339. It was maybe a bit more than I wanted to spend, especially after looking at the Walmart version, but then I thought what the hell, I want a spin bike, Echelon is a good name, and it’s Costco so you know it might not be the greatest price but it’s a fair one with the best return policy and customer service. And I got to take it home that day. So I got one.

Been using it for almost a week now and I love it. I’ve read more reviews and looked up more details about it since to get a better idea of the differences between it and less expensive models, and honestly I think the only bike that might beat it purely in terms of value is the IC4. The commenter before who said you have more flexibility in apps may be right just because the IC4 doesn’t have a screen, but realistically you can use any app you want to the same effect with the Echelon and their free ride mode, you’re not just tied down to the Echelon app if you don’t want to be. But, if you want to be, you have the perk of doing the Echelon workouts for a year with this one too, which so far I’ve been really enjoying.

I guess in a nutshell: this bike is really the best middle ground. Its quality and general build seems higher than the Echelon Connect, maybe not double-the-price higher, but it moves it into that IC4 category with the heavier flywheel. It might be a couple hundred more than the IC4, but I think once you incorporate the Costco service and Echelon membership for a year it evens out. Basically, no it’s not an amazing deal, but it’s not a rip-off either. It’s perfectly average, it’s a great quality bike, and you won’t be disappointed with the performance. I might not recommend to order one from the site for the extra $60 it costs to ship (incorporated into the online price), but if you see one in-store I’d say grab it and start exercising today instead of putting it off for another month waiting for that perfect deal.
Thank you for your review !
Nov 14, 2011
231 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I was contemplating getting this cause I want it sooner than the Sport I have on order ..I feel like it will never come! But its quite a bit more $ and I don't need the extra features so I'd be paying for it just to get it sooner. Thankfully its now OOS again so I don't have to decide, right now anyway lol
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto
Bluejay3 wrote: I was contemplating getting this cause I want it sooner than the Sport I have on order ..I feel like it will never come! But its quite a bit more $ and I don't need the extra features so I'd be paying for it just to get it sooner. Thankfully its now OOS again so I don't have to decide, right now anyway lol
Maybe consider this:
https://www.costco.ca/sunny-health-and- ... 59717.html

I was in a similar position to you and went with this because of higher quality and quicker availability.