Sep 6, 2014
15 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Costco] Costco.ca Geometric dome climbing structure $199

Found this on costco.ca.

Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber

https://www.costco.ca/lifetime-geometri ... 61216.html

Not a bad price for a geometric dome. I've seen smaller ones sell for more. Probably less of an issue now that parks are staying to open up again.

I'd get one if I had the space in the backyard.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 13th, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated url
142 replies
Jan 21, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
Bought and set this up yesterday. Kids have been playing around it since first thing this morning.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1986 posts
1816 upvotes
Calgary
Was $20-$30 cheaper in store yesterday with 10+ in stock.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1707 posts
605 upvotes
We bought this instore a few years ago when it was on clearance and it is a great product.

It is a great way for kids to play, to climb and get exercise etc. and they can even turn it into a fort if they want!
Dec 15, 2007
53 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought this about 3 weeks ago in store for regular price of $169 plus tax. Good deal even at that price.
Set up took a couple hours. It's repetitive assembling the sections, and a little awkward when connecting the large sections together. Second pair of hands definitely helps.
It does make lawn mowing more of a pain because I now have to mow around it, then drag/spin it to a new spot, then mow some more. But thankfully it's not too heavy. Small price to pay considering how much the kids love it.
Dec 25, 2018
154 posts
237 upvotes
Yes, tempted saw this in store Thorncliffe. $169.99
1CE98FB7-1599-4D76-A2B0-6CDC317E807D.jpeg
Apr 28, 2008
62 posts
26 upvotes
RFDMadeMeBuyStuff wrote: Do you guys set this up outdoor? How would it stand to rain and snow?
Costco page:
  • Weather resistant powder-coated steel construction
1 Year warranty.

I'd say : getting 2-3 kids a cheap tablet vs getting this to climb on for a similar price, get the dome if you have space.
May 22, 2010
5 posts
21 upvotes
Burnaby
Looks like its on back order now.

There is a recall on some units bought in March through Costco.ca

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 5r-eng.php
Product description

The product is a red and blue metal dome climber playset with model #10131, Costco item #1010787 and Product ID #2002027. "Made in Taiwan" is indicated on the product ID sticker.
Hazard identified

The surface coating and applied surface coating components contain barium in excess of the allowable limit.

As of April 22, 2020, the company has received no reports of incidents or injuries in Canada.
Number sold

Approximately 260 units of the affected product were sold in Canada through the Costco.ca website.
Time period sold

The affected products were sold from March 4 to March 28, 2020.
Dec 22, 2001
796 posts
124 upvotes
I bought this last summer. My kids love it.
Dec 19, 2012
310 posts
147 upvotes
JqC018 wrote: Bought this about 3 weeks ago in store for regular price of $169 plus tax. Good deal even at that price.
Set up took a couple hours. It's repetitive assembling the sections, and a little awkward when connecting the large sections together. Second pair of hands definitely helps.
It does make lawn mowing more of a pain because I now have to mow around it, then drag/spin it to a new spot, then mow some more. But thankfully it's not too heavy. Small price to pay considering how much the kids love it.
How big was the box? Wondering if I can get it in the back of a Honda Fit or should I take the truck?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1490 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber.............Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Jul 8, 2019
27 posts
51 upvotes
feminazi wrote: We bought this instore a few years ago when it was on clearance and it is a great product.

It is a great way for kids to play, to climb and get exercise etc. and they can even turn it into a fort if they want!
I was in store today and they had a recall posted on the older units.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1459 posts
826 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jasonchewy wrote: Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber.............Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Lifetime* warranty.

* Lifetime of the warranty.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)