Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Gilman Creek Modern Fabric Power Recliner, Brown $399.97 (reg. $999.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2022 7:55 pm
Oct 27, 2020
80 posts
106 upvotes
DannyH17 wrote: I just ordered one. Glad to hear you found it comfy. I know its probably premature to ask this, but how are you feeling about it when it comes to durability?
Is it good enough to accommodate wide and "healthy" people if you catch my drift?
Is the included power cord for the recliner long?
The cord isnt very long probably 5ft. I'm a very large man and I've found it a good size for me. I think it feels low good quality and I'm not too worried because costco is great if it decides to crap out.
Penalty Box
Aug 15, 2015
9384 posts
6001 upvotes
ON
AlbertaSparky wrote: There's one review on the other color which is still regular price. States the electronics will fail, I'm guessing he means motor?
Or maybe controls. Would be hard to diagnose without actually testing individual components as it just stops working. Sometimes the simplest thing as a capacitor going bad .
Penalty Box
Aug 15, 2015
9384 posts
6001 upvotes
ON
ericornucopia wrote: Is it suitable in the basement for movie watching? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
As long as you can fit it down there. Might have to recline it to fit through doors or narrow hallways.
Penalty Box
Aug 15, 2015
9384 posts
6001 upvotes
ON
Gotoff wrote: It does not. It’s a steal at 399 tho
Build a big lazy Susan platform for the Lazy boy.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1224 posts
1759 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
What kind of box is this shipped in? Considering ordering it and holding on to it for a few weeks to see if something better comes. Is it easily moveable or too big and awkward to put in a truck bed myself?
Aug 1, 2016
466 posts
844 upvotes
pygmalion2020 wrote: The cord isnt very long probably 5ft. I'm a very large man and I've found it a good size for me. I think it feels low good quality and I'm not too worried because costco is great if it decides to crap out.
Thanks, one more question I had was if it comes pre-assembled? Now I'm a bit worried I'm going to have issues taking this down to the basement.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5575 posts
1531 upvotes
Toronto
Nubby666 wrote: What kind of box is this shipped in? Considering ordering it and holding on to it for a few weeks to see if something better comes. Is it easily moveable or too big and awkward to put in a truck bed myself?
too big awkward

you wont find something better than this for 400 trust me, ive been looking and buying / returning these types of chairs for over a year now
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1138 posts
703 upvotes
Canada
bobcat99 wrote: Did you just buy this or in the eighties?
just bought it :)
why, costco one is not any different, but it is not real fabric, made in china, and only one ugly color...
simple is the best...
Oct 27, 2020
80 posts
106 upvotes
DannyH17 wrote: Thanks, one more question I had was if it comes pre-assembled? Now I'm a bit worried I'm going to have issues taking this down to the basement.
It comes in two pieces not pre-assembled.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1224 posts
1759 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Gotoff wrote: too big awkward

you wont find something better than this for 400 trust me, ive been looking and buying / returning these types of chairs for over a year now
I'm on the fence about this or an eames knockoff. Not sure which to get...going to use it to sit in front of the tv while gaming and drink whisky... Is this super comfy? Thanks for your response
May 13, 2014
702 posts
373 upvotes
Vancouver
Gotoff wrote: It does not. It’s a steal at 399 tho
That's too bad. I've been looking for a comfortable computer chair for ages and I'd be willing to try out a swivel recliner at this price no matter how ugly it might be.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5575 posts
1531 upvotes
Toronto
Nubby666 wrote: I'm on the fence about this or an eames knockoff. Not sure which to get...going to use it to sit in front of the tv while gaming and drink whisky... Is this super comfy? Thanks for your response
eames is a completely different vibe and def won’t be as comfy

This is for comfort and for long hours

got it for my mum
Jun 5, 2008
192 posts
124 upvotes
I wonder if the package will even get through my apartment door. It’s 33 inches wide. Has anyone gotten this delivered to their apartment?

Just thinking of the logistics of this being delivered to me, getting it in the elevator and into the apartment Thinking Face
Oct 27, 2020
80 posts
106 upvotes
ericornucopia wrote: Sounds easy enough to assemble then?
Yes super easy, the top half your back rests against clicks into the bottom half. It's the same as basically every recliner on the market.
Jun 5, 2008
192 posts
124 upvotes
pygmalion2020 wrote: Yes super easy, the top half your back rests against clicks into the bottom half. It's the same as basically every recliner on the market.
Are they two smaller boxes? Easy to move around?
Oct 27, 2020
80 posts
106 upvotes
Sanctumus wrote: Are they two smaller boxes? Easy to move around?
One big box, had to take it out to get it into the house.
Oct 18, 2017
726 posts
1438 upvotes
New Brunswick
Ordered, thanks OP. Was worried it wasn’t go to fit into the house, but glad to hear it comes in 2 sections. Hopefully it’s not too chunky for the living room. For someone that owns this, can you provide a picture of it? Specifically interested in what the fabric looks like, hard to tell in the Costco staged photo.