• Aug 30th, 2020 7:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1840 posts
663 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Google Home Max speaker down to $249

Hi all,

The Google Home Max speaker is presently on sale for $250 down from $400. I've come across the sale through Costco.ca and through BestBuy. The Google Store has a sale price of $300.

Great speaker for those invested in the Google ecosystem.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 21st, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
54 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7889 posts
1662 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone comment on the speaker quality of these compared to the Sonos One?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2054 posts
2000 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
trixR4kids wrote: Can anyone comment on the speaker quality of these compared to the Sonos One?
you're comparing a $200 speaker to a $400. the max beats it easily.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20087 posts
8008 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Been waiting for this to drop to $200 or below again for a long time.
At this point, I think it's a bit of a hard sell when you get pretty darn decent audio quality out of Nest Hub Max for the same money with WAY more useful functionality attached.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3954 posts
2248 upvotes
Ottawa
So begs to question. Is there a new one out soon
Aug 19, 2020
25 posts
13 upvotes
Dang, it seems that they don't have the charcoal one. I was going to buy two, but it's a no go if only the chalk one is available at that price.
Jan 19, 2017
734 posts
790 upvotes
Kitchener
BinaryJay wrote: Been waiting for this to drop to $200 or below again for a long time.
At this point, I think it's a bit of a hard sell when you get pretty darn decent audio quality out of Nest Hub Max for the same money with WAY more useful functionality attached.
Not to mention you can link to any bluetooth stereo, or play music over the TV from a mini. Really never understood the point of this massive, ugly speaker. Personal preference i guess..
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1319 posts
1505 upvotes
rtookey wrote: Not to mention you can link to any bluetooth stereo, or play music over the TV from a mini. Really never understood the point of this massive, ugly speaker. Personal preference i guess..
I'm honestly tempted after watching MKBHD's review. My google home while very decent has noticeable mic comprehension difficulties.
He even mentions your point :)

Also I've never owned a HQ speaker so the price is kind of right... It was initially 400$USD lmao
Dec 12, 2019
199 posts
174 upvotes
I bought this on sale about 6 months ago. It is amazing for us, rarely do we raise the volume above 4/10. If you have a larger room and want very good sound with good bass, I'd say give this a go. You won't be disappointed.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6245 posts
6578 upvotes
Toronto
I had one and it sucked. Returned it to Google for full refund. Very disappointing. Not worth it even for $250 IMHO. Maybe $130.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Mar 21, 2012
611 posts
561 upvotes
Edmonton
hoob wrote: I had one and it sucked. Returned it to Google for full refund. Very disappointing. Not worth it even for $250 IMHO. Maybe $130.
What sucked about it and what disappointed you?
Nov 6, 2013
514 posts
368 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BinaryJay wrote: At this point, I think it's a bit of a hard sell when you get pretty darn decent audio quality out of Nest Hub Max for the same money with WAY more useful functionality attached.
The Nest Hub Max is also on sale at Costco, and also at Best Buy.

I'd jump on it, but I was lucky enough to get a Sonos Beam on clearance from Chapters a while back and that's been serving me just fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1249 posts
562 upvotes
We have one and use it often. Well worth the $250 we spent.

Besides Costco, it appears on sale at several places including Staples, Bestbuy and Visions. I love Costco but Rakuten and coupons are possible at other locations.
Dec 20, 2018
653 posts
1022 upvotes
New Homes are coming out at the end of the month. This is not in the same category, but google could surprise and make a nest max.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)