Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Hisense 65" TVs: Q7G ($898) and Q9G ($1598)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 3:09 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2008
2476 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
65" Q7G vs 2018 6 series TCL vs 2020 5 series TCL.

Inputs?

I know I missed out the lower price 2018 6 series which would of been a better buy.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
asdisme wrote: 65" Q7G vs 2018 6 series TCL vs 2020 5 series TCL.

Inputs?

I know I missed out the lower price 2018 6 series which would of been a better buy.
On price performance, I would take the H7G because it's a superior platform for PC Monitor and Gaming.

On performance, ignoring price, the TCL 6-Series (2020) is better. Also considerably more expensive.
Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
19 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Amazon prices for Hisense Q8G just dropped on the 65” ($998) and 75” ($1582). The $217 discount on the 75” is the historic low, aside from the price error in June.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
Jackpanel wrote: Amazon prices for Hisense Q8G just dropped on the 65” ($998) and 75” ($1582). The $217 discount on the 75” is the historic low, aside from the price error in June.
That 75" price should interest many, nice find. Microsecond price errors notwithstanding, that's a price you can actually capture before immediate stockout.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1291 posts
958 upvotes
St Catharines
redflagdealsguy wrote: On price performance, I would take the H7G because it's a superior platform for PC Monitor and Gaming.

On performance, ignoring price, the TCL 6-Series (2020) is better. Also considerably more expensive.
Asdisme was asking about 2020 5-series; where would you say it sits performance-wise?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
2kfire wrote: Asdisme was asking about 2020 5-series; where would you say it sits performance-wise?
Just below the TCL 6-Series (2018) and slightly inferior to the Hisense Q7G.
Member
Nov 3, 2003
459 posts
111 upvotes
Knowhere
Thanks redflagdealsguy.
I always appreciate your informative posts.
I've been looking to get a new TV next year for the new house. Tempting to buy but maybe I'll wait and see what is new for next year.
Last edited by shinsky on Oct 18th, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2004
7275 posts
652 upvotes
koicks wrote: Just have to say it, while the Q9G is a great TV many people (myself included) are having red ghosting issues with HDR content. Once you notice it, it’s hard to unnotice it and really kills the experience. Even my girlfriend was able to see it, which says something. I’m returning my set and going for either the TCL 6 series or Sony x900h.
If you are referring to a particular scene, from a particular TV show on Netflix, you are correct. However, I wouldn't call that an issue with all HDR content, as it's isolated.
Anyway, great TV set, hopefully will see a price drop around BF
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2006
557 posts
236 upvotes
I just bought the lower end hisense for my home gym and I'm blown away by the performance / image for the price...

I needed a 50'' and paid 379$ + tx for the lower end 50H78G.

Picture is bright, Android OS is slow but complete. It's hard to believe the picture ypu get from those cheap set..

My upstair TV is a 65ks8000 that was much more expensive... And altrough I did not ran exact comparison, and they are not in the same room... Its hard to see picture quality difference.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2008
2476 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Just below the TCL 6-Series (2018) and slightly inferior to the Hisense Q7G.
Wow, that's quite impressive to hear that a 2 year olds 6 series is better than a 2020 5 series.

The Q9G is out of my price range, so I should keep my eyes on Hisense Q7G, Q8G or discount on the 2018 6 series again.

Thanks for the info!!
Newbie
May 26, 2008
18 posts
14 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: If you are referring to a particular scene, from a particular TV show on Netflix, you are correct. However, I wouldn't call that an issue with all HDR content, as it's isolated.
Anyway, great TV set, hopefully will see a price drop around BF

Doesn't seem that way unfortunately, I've seen examples in all sorts of HDR content - streaming, physical media, and gaming. AVS forum has all this info. In some cases it worsens over time. But I've bit the bullet and will try my luck, worst case Hisense destroys the panel and I save someone else the trouble
Member
Oct 29, 2010
207 posts
228 upvotes
Quebec
koicks wrote: Just have to say it, while the Q9G is a great TV many people (myself included) are having red ghosting issues with HDR content. Once you notice it, it’s hard to unnotice it and really kills the experience. Even my girlfriend was able to see it, which says something. I’m returning my set and going for either the TCL 6 series or Sony x900h.
Doesnt affect all models, was supposed to be a certain batch. Or maybe not...
Thats a weird hit or miss thing so far. Some people ar enot able to reproduce the ghosting.
Newbie
Nov 29, 2018
13 posts
26 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: If you are referring to a particular scene, from a particular TV show on Netflix, you are correct. However, I wouldn't call that an issue with all HDR content, as it's isolated.
Anyway, great TV set, hopefully will see a price drop around BF
I’ve not just referring to The Crown. The Crown episode is a good to watch when you get the set as you’ll know right away if your set has it or not. I’ve noticed it in other HDR content like the Haunting of Bly Manor and Hubie Halloween. Seems most prevalent in low light scenes.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 26, 2004
11903 posts
2099 upvotes
Mississauga
Cisco KId wrote: Son is very happy w 55" Q7G after we calibrated it with settings found online, with the 5 yr warranty we think it was a great buy, for him his first tv so he is happy and we have price protection for BF. Visions gave me a $954 offer on the Q9G in 55" which was solid
Where did you find the settings? RTings.com?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

asdisme