Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Hisense 65" TVs: Q7G ($898) and Q9G ($1598)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 3:09 pm
Dec 2, 2007
122 posts
255 upvotes
2kfire wrote: Thank you for the info everyone, it's made my decision 100x harder Face With Tears Of Joy. I'm replacing a 42" Toshiba LB5D from '07 for the kids play room, I'm sure any of these will be a massive upgrade. What makes my decision so difficult is I keep going back and forth between getting a "good enough" tv like the TCL 4-series or just getting a Hisense Q7 and calling it a day! Not concerned about BEST image quality, the LG E6 in the basement has that covered, but definitely need a brighter screen as the Toshiba is in a bright room and is hard to see in the mornings when the sun is shining in.
I was in a similar situation. Had a 42” Sony LCD from 2009. Upgraded to the Q7G and couldn’t be happier, especially at this price point. One thing though is the pic quality is only as good as the source. Crave is horrible, Netflix is ok and Disney is amazing. Prime is somewhere in between. 99% of my TV is streaming so this TV is perfect and anything more would be overkill, costing hundreds of dollars more.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4498 posts
1763 upvotes
Ancaster
Vincent Teoh has finally reviewed the Q9G (U8QF = Q9G = H9G). As usual, the Chinese brands are lagging behind Sony and LG on the computational aspects (motion processing, colour mapping/accuracy, and upscaling), but this is a monster for the budget. Samsung should be embarrassed that every manufacturer is able to maintain local dimming in low latency Game Mode and they do not. Peak brightness is excellent and bests most LCDs, except the Sony Master Series monsters and the Vizios. 132 zones is also monstrous for a 55" TV at this price. Unless there is a crazy good sale on Black Friday, this might be my secondary TV for when the Mrs. and mother-in-law kick me off the primary TV. Unless you must have 120 Hz for gaming, this is the budget TV to beat right now.

Oct 25, 2004
137 posts
I got the 55" 55Q8G still in the box, still undecided to keep it or get the 65" H9G. Are there any "mid-range budget" TVs that do 4k 120hz?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4498 posts
1763 upvotes
Ancaster
HeeroYuy wrote: I got the 55" 55Q8G still in the box, still undecided to keep it or get the 65" H9G. Are there any "mid-range budget" TVs that do 4k 120hz?
Not much I can think of off the top of my head that is sub-$1,500.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1431 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
Id jump on this if not for the q9g(h9g) red tint hdr issue panel lottery on this model.

Its a pain to return 65 inch tvs
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4498 posts
1763 upvotes
Ancaster
DimsumDeals wrote: Id jump on this if not for the q9g(h9g) red tint hdr issue panel lottery on this model.

Its a pain to return 65 inch tvs
Really? I thought that if you order it online, Costco sends someone to pick it up. Costco did that for our massive elliptical.
Sep 5, 2006
622 posts
438 upvotes
Calgary
chadw01 wrote: Hisense Canada says the Q9G/H9G panel can do 120hz:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hisense/commen ... 1/fsrzrtc/

why the hell didn't they put a hdmi 2.1 port on this panel - seems ridiculous
HDMI 2.1 is so new that there weren't readily available sources to even test with until the RTX 3000 series was released. And calling them "readily available" is a stretch. The next gen consoles are really the driving factor for HDMI 2.1 deployment. You won't see HDMI 2.1 on TVs as a common feature until next year at the earliest. Right now the X900H is really your best budget option for use with next-gen consoles.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Really? I thought that if you order it online, Costco sends someone to pick it up. Costco did that for our massive elliptical.
I believe that might be new protocol for them, because I never knew that. If so, that almost eliminates the pain or a purchase and exchange with large TVs.

That's actually a huge win from a convenience standpoint.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3580 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto
davidclegg wrote: HDMI 2.1 is so new that there weren't readily available sources to even test with until the RTX 3000 series was released. And calling them "readily available" is a stretch. The next gen consoles are really the driving factor for HDMI 2.1 deployment. You won't see HDMI 2.1 on TVs as a common feature until next year at the earliest. Right now the X900H is really your best budget option for use with next-gen consoles.
agreed, hopefully black friday brings enticing sales of the x900h to make the wait worthwhile
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I believe that might be new protocol for them, because I never knew that. If so, that almost eliminates the pain or a purchase and exchange with large TVs.

That's actually a huge win from a convenience standpoint.
Confirmed with Costco online customer service.

They will pickup for free and send a replacement, or pickup for a refund.

All within 90 days or extended holiday return period (end of January 2021).

All this and the option for the bulletproof Costco warranty.

Almost painless. Running out of reasons to say no, either H7G or H9G.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7275 posts
652 upvotes
I am watching the NFL games on a 65 9 Series right now, and while the source is only 1080, it just looks, and sound fantastic. It's fast moving sports, where I find a 120Hz panel really shows off.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Mar 2, 2019
3 posts
Shadow Rider wrote: Is the Q9G worth it?
Im stuck trying to decide on this and the q8g. Is there a noticeable difference in picture quality? Is the Q9 worth the extra money and wondering if I should wait for black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7275 posts
652 upvotes
mariocarciero764 wrote: Im stuck trying to decide on this and the q8g. Is there a noticeable difference in picture quality? Is the Q9 worth the extra money and wondering if I should wait for black Friday.
90 vs 180 dimming zones and 60 vs 120Hz panel
Those are the 2 main differences
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Mar 2, 2019
3 posts
Can you actually notice a difference when watching movies and sports. My brother in law has the Q9 and I was blown away by the picture quality.

Im afraid of saving and then being dissapointed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)