Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Hisense 65" TVs: Q7G ($898) and Q9G ($1598)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2020 8:04 am
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Lajemat wrote: Can I ask you something about that 65q7g?

I have it and notice that when it's off, I can't see the built-in Chromecast in Google home. Impossible to wake the tv with Chromecast either. When I call Hisense tech support, they don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not. So what about yours?
Ahhh ... yes I had the same problem. Here is what you can do:

1. Under "Apps", find Chromecast (or Chromecast client ... I forgot exactly what it is called, I'm not in front of my TV right now sorry). You cannot uninstall Chromecast client, but you can choose "Uninstall Update". Click to uninstall it.
2. Reboot your TV
3. Go back to Apps -> Chromecast, choose to install update.
4. Under Settings, make sure you have chosen "Wake on Chromecast" is set to on. (I think it is under Wireless Setting)
5. Done.

Try that and see if that works. It did the trick for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7812 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
redflagdealsguy wrote: Confirmed with Costco online customer service.

They will pickup for free and send a replacement, or pickup for a refund.

All within 90 days or extended holiday return period (end of January 2021).

All this and the option for the bulletproof Costco warranty.

Almost painless. Running out of reasons to say no, either H7G or H9G.
Yeah, I think it's been their policy for online large items for a few years now. They didn't even ask me to disassemble and re-pack it. They just scheduled a date and sent a few dudes with a truck to come get it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7812 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
JIB9022 wrote: this or 900h?
Depends. This is going to stomp the Sony for HDR and contrast, but if you need the best in motion processing and upscaling or VRR, then nothing really beats Sony.
Mar 11, 2006
96 posts
218 upvotes
Not sure if this was posted already but his was a great comparison between the hisense and Sony x900h

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... 2284/12847

The Rtings gave Hisense the championship belt in this street fight.

Considering this is their (Rtings.com) game I trust their option

Having the hisense myself - outside of what everyone else’s positive comments - I love love the stand (premium yet compact)
Aug 13, 2018
36 posts
31 upvotes
number17 wrote: Ahhh ... yes I had the same problem. Here is what you can do:

1. Under "Apps", find Chromecast (or Chromecast client ... I forgot exactly what it is called, I'm not in front of my TV right now sorry). You cannot uninstall Chromecast client, but you can choose "Uninstall Update". Click to uninstall it.
2. Reboot your TV
3. Go back to Apps -> Chromecast, choose to install update.
4. Under Settings, make sure you have chosen "Wake on Chromecast" is set to on. (I think it is under Wireless Setting)
5. Done.

Try that and see if that works. It did the trick for me.
Thank you very much for the time you took to help me. Sadly, it didn't work. I still don't have the wake on cast option anywhere. I uninstalled update, restarted tv, installing update and still no wake to cast option. Hisense support on the phone was helpless and they still didn't answer my email from last week. I think I'll call back Costco this week for them to pick it up here and refund me.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Lajemat wrote: Thank you very much for the time you took to help me. Sadly, it didn't work. I still don't have the wake on cast option anywhere. I uninstalled update, restarted tv, installing update and still no wake to cast option. Hisense support on the phone was helpless and they still didn't answer my email from last week. I think I'll call back Costco this week for them to pick it up here and refund me.
That's too bad. Did you try reddit? Hisense actually gives better technical support on reddit than their own technical hotline. I'd suggest to try that, or try the general info line on Hisense.
Aug 13, 2018
36 posts
31 upvotes
number17 wrote: That's too bad. Did you try reddit? Hisense actually gives better technical support on reddit than their own technical hotline. I'd suggest to try that, or try the general info line on Hisense.
Yes I tried last week and I did a new post this morning. I even paged HisenseCA user over there. Nothing sadly. I'm happy I went with Costco for this one. I'll probably get another brand for the replacement simply due to the lack of support. I mean your the first to help me in the last two weeks! Thanks again by the way. This place has a great community!
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
How do you enable HDR on the Q9G? I've looked at tutorials but the HDR setting doesn't show up?

How can I test on the native Netflix if it's working?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
2kfire wrote: Thank you for the info everyone, it's made my decision 100x harder Face With Tears Of Joy. I'm replacing a 42" Toshiba LB5D from '07 for the kids play room, I'm sure any of these will be a massive upgrade. What makes my decision so difficult is I keep going back and forth between getting a "good enough" tv like the TCL 4-series or just getting a Hisense Q7 and calling it a day! Not concerned about BEST image quality, the LG E6 in the basement has that covered, but definitely need a brighter screen as the Toshiba is in a bright room and is hard to see in the mornings when the sun is shining in.
Went to Costco and picked up a 65" TCL 4-series. I figured if I didn't like it enough then I'd exchange it for a higher end model, vs getting a higher end model to begin with and wondering if a cheaper one would've been "good enough".

The remote doesn't have a headphone jack, unlike the Roku Premiere they've been using, and the speakers aren't as loud as the old LG, other than that the kids love it. The wife was impressed by the size, which is not something I can say very often (insert a Vincent Theo/HDTVTest "ding" sound).

Obviously a Q7/Q9 would've been nicer (saw a TCL 2020 5-series on display and even it looked pretty nice) but I'm satisfied with the 4-series for the purpose. Thanks all!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
2kfire wrote: Went to Costco and picked up a 65" TCL 4-series. I figured if I didn't like it enough then I'd exchange it for a higher end model, vs getting a higher end model to begin with and wondering if a cheaper one would've been "good enough".

The remote doesn't have a headphone jack, unlike the Roku Premiere they've been using, and the speakers aren't as loud as the old LG, other than that the kids love it. The wife was impressed by the size, which is not something I can say very often (insert a Vincent Theo/HDTVTest "ding" sound).

Obviously a Q7/Q9 would've been nicer (saw a TCL 2020 5-series on display and even it looked pretty nice) but I'm satisfied with the 4-series for the purpose. Thanks all!
If you're satisfied with the 4-Series, good on you. I found it too dim and returned it, but I was planning to use it in an office. Truth be told, with the light from slightly dimmer house bulbs, it's probably sufficiently bright for comfortable family use.

Even low-end 4K TVs, so long as they're reasonably reliable, tend to make 'good enough' Family TVs in 2020. With that said, don't be surprised if your male nature calls you to upgrade in 2 to 3 years because... reasons. I've said this before, you can spend less and upgrade more frequently and be as good, or better off than someone who spends an arm and a leg in many cases (exceptions abound of course).
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
redflagdealsguy wrote: If you're satisfied with the 4-Series, good on you. I found it too dim and returned it, but I was planning to use it in an office. Truth be told, with the light from slightly dimmer house bulbs, it's probably sufficiently bright for comfortable family use.

Even low-end 4K TVs, so long as they're reasonably reliable, tend to make 'good enough' Family TVs in 2020. With that said, don't be surprised if your male nature calls you to upgrade in 2 to 3 years because... reasons. I've said this before, you can spend less and upgrade more frequently and be as good, or better off than someone who spends an arm and a leg in many cases (exceptions abound of course).
I missed out on the Amazon deal for the 6 series, I'll definitely keep an eye out over the next 30 days, but for the kids' room I couldn't justify the current $300+ difference.
I'll need to buy a shade for the room to give us light control, then we'll be good.
You're probably right, I can see myself wanting to upgrade it in 2-3 years, kind of hoping it dies by then so I can cash in on the warranty! Face With Tears Of Joy
My main TV in the movie room is an E6, not quite an arm and a leg, maybe more like a thumb and an index finger Face With Tears Of Joy; still happy with it, still no urge to upgrade that one!
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
Considering the Q9G doesn’t come in a 75” variant, what would be the go to recommendation for a great all round 75” TV? Is it the Sony X900H or a Vizio or some other Hisense model? Mostly using for TV and movies, streaming services, occasional light gaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2059 posts
3876 upvotes
This is a tough call if the Q9 is the same price as the Sony 900H. I have a 900F which I bought last year on BF. I may buy another 65" for elsewhere in the home. If the Q9 was similar to US pricing, I'd swing more towards the Q9 but at similar pricing the better processing of the Sony would make me lean towards the Sony. I went from a Panny plasma and was hesitant about LCD, but the 900F is really good with motion blur and sports. On previous generations of LCD the blur of sports like hockey, football and tennis would be pretty perceptible but with some tweaking the 900F is really really good. Would just be afraid to lose that on the Q9 but have the benefit of more local dimming zones and better contrast.
Sep 1, 2008
293 posts
242 upvotes
I bought the 65inch Q9G when it first came to Canada around June. So far it's been absolutely stunning except for a few ARC issues (various firmware updates either fixed or broke it again) and some minor red ghosting in HDR/Dolby Vision content. Let me know if you have any questions.
Jan 15, 2007
86 posts
20 upvotes
zenpher wrote: I bought the 65inch Q9G when it first came to Canada around June. So far it's been absolutely stunning except for a few ARC issues (various firmware updates either fixed or broke it again) and some minor red ghosting in HDR/Dolby Vision content. Let me know if you have any questions.
How bad is the red ghosting issue? Did it have the issue right out of the box? Or was it because of a forced update? I've read everything from "it's unwatchable" that they returned their units, to "it's not noticeable unless you're really looking for it".
Sep 1, 2008
293 posts
242 upvotes
alezam wrote: How bad is the red ghosting issue? Did it have the issue right out of the box? Or was it because of a forced update? I've read everything from "it's unwatchable" that they returned their units, to "it's not noticeable unless you're really looking for it".
It's mostly in dark HDR scenes where there's an emphasis on skin tones. It looks like aggressive pixel overdrive to me (VA panels especially suffer from this) but I'm not an expert. Samsung had a similar issue and managed to compensate via software so at this point it's in Hisense's hands. The last update did break a few things for me and I feel like the ghosting was way less pronounced.

In Canada this TV is pretty expensive considering you can get a Sony x900H for the same price but I have to say the Hisense is waaaay more captivating in person. When my wife and I first turned it on we spent the first 2 weeks just gawking at demos.
Sep 1, 2008
293 posts
242 upvotes
frugalcanuck wrote: This is a tough call if the Q9 is the same price as the Sony 900H. I have a 900F which I bought last year on BF. I may buy another 65" for elsewhere in the home. If the Q9 was similar to US pricing, I'd swing more towards the Q9 but at similar pricing the better processing of the Sony would make me lean towards the Sony. I went from a Panny plasma and was hesitant about LCD, but the 900F is really good with motion blur and sports. On previous generations of LCD the blur of sports like hockey, football and tennis would be pretty perceptible but with some tweaking the 900F is really really good. Would just be afraid to lose that on the Q9 but have the benefit of more local dimming zones and better contrast.
You might want to check out the Samsung Q80T. It's a bit more expensive but it edges slightly higher than the Q9G, has better quality control and hdmi 2.1. To me the Sony x900H isn't on the same level as the Q9G/Q80T even.
Apr 14, 2008
252 posts
113 upvotes
I got the 55Q7G from Costco - it arrived last week:

PQ is better than I expected - after using the recommended settings from Rtings - 4K HDR can be quite spectacular. The demo stuff on Youtube from LG, Sony, TCL etc really show this off - and Disney+ 4K HDR content is pretty damn good. No trouble with ARC to soundbar. No Wifi issues or stuttering at all (connected to 5GHz at 780 Mbps - I have Gigabit Fibe service as well)

Viewing angles aren't the best as would be the case for any of these panels but acceptable for my layout (coming from a dead Plasma so nothing but OLED would probably give the same angles).

One of the best parts of this is Android TV - and the reason is gaming:

I have this controller from Amazon which had a $10 off coupon when I bought it:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08635 ... =UTF8&th=1

It works in either Xbox or Switch mode directly with this TV via bluetooth (I now use Xbox mode and it shows up as Xbox One Controller)

1) RetroArch - I have MAME, Intellivison, Atari 2600, NES, SNES (I haven't tried any others yet) and all work perfectly with no lag - Installed directly on TV.

2) Xbox Game Pass Beta - I had to sideload to TV but works perfectly with the controller with cloud games.

3) Steam Link - works fine - but latency is too much for stuff like pinball - just tried it for the first time last night so I'll see if there is anything to make it better..

For $600 this was a damn bargain for a living room TV.
Last edited by smay69 on Oct 19th, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
smay69 wrote: I got the 55Q7G from Costco - it arrived last week:

PQ is better than I expected - after using the recommended settings from Rtings - 4K HDR can be quite spectacular. The demo stuff on Youtube from LG, Sony, TCL etc really show this off - and Disney+ 4K HDR content is pretty damn good. No trouble with ARC to soundbar. No Wifi issues or stuttering at all (connected to 5GHz at 780 Mbps - I have Gigabit Fibe service as well)

Viewing angles aren't the best as would be the case for any of these panels but acceptable for my layout.

One of the best parts of this is Android TV - and the reason is gaming:

I have this controller from Amazon which had a $10 off coupon when I bought it:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08635 ... =UTF8&th=1

It works in either Xbox or Switch mode directly with this TV via bluetooth (I now use Xbox mode and it shows up as Xbox One Controller)

1) RetroArch - I have MAME, Intellivison, Atari 2600, NES, SNES (I haven't tried any others yet) and all work perfectly with no lag - Installed directly on TV.

2) Xbox Game Pass Beta - I had to sideload to TV but works perfectly with the controller with cloud games.

3) Steam Link - works fine - but latency is too much for stuff like pinball - just tried it for the first time last night so I'll see if there is anything to make it better..

For $600 this with was a damn bargain for a living room TV.
What a brilliant set of use-cases.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)