Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca Hot Buy! Puma Men’s NRGY Neko Knit Running Shoe - Costco Members Exclusive $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2019 9:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Costco.ca Hot Buy! Puma Men’s NRGY Neko Knit Running Shoe - Costco Members Exclusive $44.99

Hot Buy on costco.ca - Member Exclusive!

Puma Men’s NRGY Neko Knit Running Shoe

Puma US Site: Regular Price $85 US ($115 CAD) now reduced to $54.99 US (approx. $74 CAD)

Sizing + Current Availability:
Men’s shoe sizes:

Edit: Thursday, May 16th 745 pm - sold out * sizes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Still Available - 12 and 13 (no half sizes remaining)

Thanks to @Kfox for RFD March 4/19 post and links:

"Interesting review of the Puma NRGY NEKO shoe going for $xx after discount.....the foam is same as Adidas' Boost"

https://www.solereview.com/puma-nrgy-ne ... it-review/

https://www.nationalsports.com/collecti ... 2692990014

National Sports: currently marked down to $69.98 CAD

Features listed on costco.ca site:

Engineered knit combines comfort, performance and style
Additional comfort from SOFTFOAM+ insole
Fully engineered, knitted upper
Rubber outsole
Made in Vietnam

Fabric Content:
Upper: textile
Lining: textile
Sole: rubber

Care Instructions:
Spot clean with a damp cloth

Standard shipping via UPS is included in the quoted price. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 7 business days from the time of order.

Edit: If you collect Aeroplan, register your AP# and enter promo code:

AERO3 for 3x Aeroplan for every $1 until May 12th

Costco.ca accepts MasterCard AND Visa too vs MasterCard only in the warehouses!

Will you be ordering this Costco.ca Members Exclusive men's knit running shoe?

If you're looking for an alternative light shoe for casual use, check them out!

Edit: may be not for running per se, as others have pointed out in the thread.

If you don't like them, when you receive, can always return.

Costco.ca has an Online Return Form ... check out their Return Process/Options for costco.ca Purchases

If they're not for you (or the price is too high), no worries.

Cheers!
Images
  • QuickScreencapture_20190507-230244.png
  • QuickScreencapture_20190507-230314.png
Last edited by mzmoney on May 16th, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 27 times in total.
80 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6041 posts
5878 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I wouldn't call this hot, but thank you for posting. 25.99 would be hot. I feel like the sale price should be their regular price anyway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
TransporterSD wrote: I wouldn't call this hot, but thank you for posting. 25.99 would be hot. I feel like the sale price should be their regular price anyway.
No worries, it's a 'Hot Buy' on costco.ca, not my words.

Thanks for your feedback ... I asked mine if he liked it and he said, "Yeah, get them if they're $20" lol
Nov 5, 2018
301 posts
240 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: No worries, it's a 'Hot Buy' on costco.ca, not my words.

Thanks for your feedback ... I asked mine if he liked it and he said, "Yeah, get them if they're $20" lol
The big PUMA on the back lol. I kinda doubt this is the same as the ultra boost sole though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
Ferinthu1 wrote: The big PUMA on the back lol. I kinda doubt this is the same as the ultra boost sole though.
Yes, I just saw the big PUMA on the back too, a bit much!

Sigh, did you give me a downvote too? lol :)

Ah well, can't always post winners. Thanks for your input!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
@markopas just saw your most recent post in your Costco .97 Clearance Items thread and liked your quote:

"Buy now, think later. You can always go back and get a price adjustment just keep tabs on pricing and stock of else return it."

Have you seen these Puma Men’s NRGY Neko Knit Running Shoe in the warehouse and are they on Clearance in Costco warehouse?

And if so, do they look better than the pics ... and/or is the PUMA on the back, really that large :)
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3532 posts
20024 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: @markopas just saw your most recent post in your Costco .97 Clearance Items thread and liked your quote:

"Buy now, think later. You can always go back and get a price adjustment just keep tabs on pricing and stock of else return it."

Have you seen these Puma Men’s NRGY Neko Knit Running Shoe in the warehouse and are they on Clearance in Costco warehouse?

And if so, do they look better than the pics ... and/or is the PUMA on the back, really that large :)

I have not seen these in store and sad that the item number does not reflect the item number in store.

Looks like sizes are going quick, but now and return if you don’t like to your local store. If the price goes lower, you can contact Costco Canada customer service for a price adjustment.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5083 upvotes
ON
mzmoney wrote: Yes, I just saw the big PUMA on the back too, a bit much!

Sigh, did you give me a downvote too? lol :)

Ah well, can't always post winners. Thanks for your input!
If the deal didn't deserve a downvote, this post certainly does...
Why are folks so hung up on downvotes or the expectation of upvotes when they post a deal they think is hot?
Be happy your post is being seen either way, don't get offended by different opinions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
dilligafeh wrote: If the deal didn't deserve a downvote, this post certainly does...
Why are folks so hung up on downvotes or the expectation of upvotes when they post a deal they think is hot?
Be happy your post is being seen either way, don't get offended by different opinions.
No worries, am not offended by different opinions/downvotes, as I was unsure if this was a hot deal myself lol

Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9734 posts
3068 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: If the deal didn't deserve a downvote, this post certainly does...

Too bad we can't downvote individuals posts like this one.
Oct 25, 2018
871 posts
881 upvotes
Good price but I hated them.

I have knitted Adidas tubulars, thought these would be somewhat similar but they are not even close, I have 5 year old shoes that fit better. These fell off around my heel with each step, shoe was snug and nice till you started walking.

Bought and returned.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
MikeB84225 wrote: Good price but I hated them.

I have knitted Adidas tubulars, thought these would be somewhat similar but they are not even close, I have 5 year old shoes that fit better. These fell off around my heel with each step, shoe was snug and nice till you started walking.

Bought and returned.
Thanks for your feedback Mike!

Lots of things to consider for running shoes (in addition to price + look) and comfort is a big one.

Most importantly, individual fit is definitely something you can't tell, until you try them on.

Having said that, if anyone is "sitting on the fence", provided you like the appearance and somewhat ok with the price (and they have your size) ...

As @markopas says (he is the Costco guru!), buy now, to either keep or return later.

Costco.ca Hot Buys usually go quickly ... however, some are more popular than others.

Have a great day everyone!!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1409 posts
850 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Any chance to find this in store and save a few bucks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
jackfollow wrote: Any chance to find this in store and save a few bucks
@markopas said "I have not seen these in store and sad that the item number does not reflect the item number in store."

So @jackfollow , can't call stores to do an item check without an item #.

Order online if they have your size and see if you like them, when they're delivered :)

Ps if you collect Aeroplan, enter promo.code

AERO3 for 3x Aeroplan for every $1 until May 12th
Jun 5, 2012
236 posts
257 upvotes
NEPEAN
So I second what a lot of people have been saying about these things. I've purchased them last week and yes, they feel (slightly) that they are falling off around the heel. I tried different socks which worked for me. As well, I believe it depends on your foot structure and walking style to whether this is an issue or not, but its definitely noticeable.

I'm using them just as kickers and not for actual running - which I would not recommend. Decided to keep for that reason.

They really do look great though - especially for $45
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1245 posts
1206 upvotes
wildzero wrote: Are the soles made from styrofoam?
If it's truly similar to Adidas' Pureboost it's more of a D3O like product (think squishy but somewhat rigid rubber). Styrofoam doesn't really compress and regain its form well.

I ordered a pair (upsized 0.5). Will report back on fit and comfort vs my pureboost shoes.
Feb 5, 2012
770 posts
574 upvotes
Montreal
For those who are shocked by Puma Nrgy copycat of Adidas Boost, I was outraged too until I read it online that actually Puma started research this by partnering with BASF first, who turned to Adidas eventually to sign an exclusive deal for its BOOST line.

Just a random online article
https://footwearnews.com/2016/business/ ... es-213310/
Nov 12, 2012
122 posts
124 upvotes
BINBROOK
Decent shoe for everyday use, if you are planning on running marathons in them, probably not a good idea.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3046 posts
3085 upvotes
GTA
getdadeal wrote: For those who are shocked by Puma Nrgy copycat of Adidas Boost, I was outraged too until I read it online that actually Puma started research this by partnering with BASF first, who turned to Adidas eventually to sign an exclusive deal for its BOOST line.

Just a random online article
https://footwearnews.com/2016/business/ ... es-213310/
Thanks for the article link!

And the sibling rivalry continues ...

"The two brands, both headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, are no strangers to neighborly disputes. Founded by brothers Adolf “Adi” and Rudolf Dassler as one shoe factory, they were famously divided up in 1948 as a result of a family feud, which has served as fodder for numerous documentaries and most recently a TV drama.

Adi built Adidas, Rudolf created Puma."
Last edited by mzmoney on May 8th, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.