Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: HP Envy x360 15.6" Ryzen 5 4500u 8gb ram 512gb SSD with pen is back - $899

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 10:05 am
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2168 posts
1477 upvotes
Montreal, QC
tkl wrote: Okay so I'm not the only one. is there a timeline for this fix otherwise has to go back before the 90 days .
As far as I could read on the forums last week, not yet because this is really a problem between AMD and Microsoft and HP is caught in the middle. We decided to keep it nonetheless because disabling the internal microphone is an easy temporary solution and I'm hoping the problem will get a permanent fix soon. It's just a silly driver update problem.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4249 posts
800 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Cartoonz wrote: A lot of people however were having a problem with the audio drivers and zoom calls; I did research on reddit and found the appropriate drivers on AMD's website and do not have a problem anymore.
tkl wrote: Okay so I'm not the only one. is there a timeline for this fix otherwise has to go back before the 90 days .

Note: I do not own this latop, just wanted to point out the post that was a couple above yours. Did you try the drivers from AMD directly instead of from HP?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2168 posts
1477 upvotes
Montreal, QC
dmxlite wrote: Note: I do not own this latop, just wanted to point out the post that was a couple above yours. Did you try the drivers from AMD directly instead of from HP?
As far as I'm aware, this solution pointed by the other poster is only temporary. When Windows does its next update, it will erase that driver with the one from its system which will reintroduce the bug. I would gladly be proven wrong though with some official link.

EDIT: i just checked that Reddit post, and I can confirm it's just a temporary solution unless you want to completely disable Windows updates which I would never recommend. So be careful with that "solution", it certainly isn't safe especially if you depend on Zoom/Skype for critical stuff.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Newbie
Sep 11, 2018
27 posts
14 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: As far as I'm aware, this solution pointed by the other poster is only temporary. When Windows does its next update, it will erase that driver with the one from its system which will reintroduce the bug. I would gladly be proven wrong though with some official link.

EDIT: i just checked that Reddit post, and I can confirm it's just a temporary solution unless you want to completely disable Windows updates which I would never recommend. So be careful with that "solution", it certainly isn't safe especially if you depend on Zoom/Skype for critical stuff.
I see your point, but if the problem is with windows update that it reinstalls the wrong drivers everytime then the problem is with the windows update, disable it temporarily. AMD has confirmed the problem and released a temporary fix on their side.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2014
19 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary, AB
As promised, here's the bilingual keyboard. It's ANSI so it's laid out the same as an English keyboard and while aesthetically it's not the purest looking I don't have a problem with it.
Laptop is mighty fine too! Although the screen chin... It's Jay Leno level right here, folks.

I'm still refreshing Costco's site daily for the 4700u model.
Images
  • PXL_20201027_211347757.jpg

Top