• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2021 9:44 am
[OP]
Mar 14, 2006
964 posts
455 upvotes
Coquitlam

[Costco] Costco.ca: KAIZEN PROTEIN 2KG - BUY 6 FOR $42 EACH

I have been waiting for months for a sale on Kaizen protein from Costco. Certain select health and beauty products (including the 2KG Kaizen protein chocolate and vanilla flavour) ordered online are 30% off if you order 6 items. The regular online Kaizen price is $59.99 but if you order 6 items or more from the 9 pages of health and beauty products listed you will get 30% off your entire order. If you order 6 Kaizen protein canisters they are $42 each delivered to your door!

I bought a 2KG canister of Kaizen protein at Costco in store in October and I think the in store price was $55.

I was also able to use my Costco Black Friday $350 online voucher with this purchase so my original $728 Costco retail purchase price order was reduced down to $188!
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 6th, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
110 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3652 posts
1725 upvotes
Vancouver
Tempting, thanks OP. Yeah I was miffed there wasn't the standard Sep sale on this protein. Makes me wonder if I should hop on this or try to ride it out to Jan, presuming they have that sale then.

What was the typical sale price previously, ~$35 in-store?
Jul 26, 2009
7 posts
4 upvotes
Great price with the 30% discount, anyone wants to go in on this deal? I probably can use 2 or 3 depending on expiration...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3652 posts
1725 upvotes
Vancouver
nutcase wrote: Great price with the 30% discount, anyone wants to go in on this deal? I probably can use 2 or 3 depending on expiration...
The one I bought in-store a month or two ago had a date of Sep-2023.
Aug 31, 2017
105 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Bishop8 wrote: Tempting, thanks OP. Yeah I was miffed there wasn't the standard Sep sale on this protein. Makes me wonder if I should hop on this or try to ride it out to Jan, presuming they have that sale then.

What was the typical sale price previously, ~$35 in-store?
$39/tub
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4690 posts
1767 upvotes
Vancity
nutcase wrote: Great price with the 30% discount, anyone wants to go in on this deal? I probably can use 2 or 3 depending on expiration...
Best-before date is about 2 years. I've taken protein powder a year after the date. No noticeable difference. $42/2kg is a good price for the Kaizen. I'll wait for the lower quality stuff from MyProtein/Revolution at a much deeper discount. I go through 1.5 tub per month, so the cost adds up.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3652 posts
1725 upvotes
Vancouver
ep3jeLo wrote: $39/tub
Perfect, that makes it an easy buy; I can deal with a $3 delta and not have to worry about when the next sale will occur. Thanks!
Jul 28, 2008
846 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal if you go through lots of protein.
Sep 3, 2014
19 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I buy the chocolate kind and I know it's high quality and sweetened with stevia but it's so bad tasting. Is the vanilla better?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4847 posts
1842 upvotes
Vancouver
Lovv111 wrote: I buy the chocolate kind and I know it's high quality and sweetened with stevia but it's so bad tasting. Is the vanilla better?
No, I've tried both. I'm all in on French Vanilla ice cream vs a chocolate ice cream but for protein powders the Kaizen chocolate is better than the vanilla.

Stevia is light in Kaizen compared to others (LeanFit Complete Organic Vegan Vanilla is one) and overall Kaizen is so much better than others i.e. Vega Organic Protein & Greens Powder Vanilla (100% disgusting).

I recall trying the Canadian Protein chocolate and it having a richer chocolate taste than the Kaizen but the Canadian Protein was clumpy when mixing.

Last edited by NewsyL on Dec 7th, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 28, 2008
241 posts
86 upvotes
mississauga
Thx OP. Ordered 6 vanilla. Price has gone up in store - so if they do the normal in store $10 off deal in Jan - price will be very similar to this anyways.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3652 posts
1725 upvotes
Vancouver
NewsyL wrote: No, I've tried both. I'm all in on French Vanilla ice cream vs a chocolate ice cream but for protein powders the Kaizen chocolate is better than the vanilla.

Stevia is light in Kaizen compared to others (LeanFit Complete Organic Vegan Vanilla is one) and overall Kaizen is so much better than others i.e. Vega Organic Protein & Greens Powder Vanilla (100% disgusting).

I recall trying the Canadian Protein chocolate and it having a richerchocolate taste than the Kaizen but the Canadian Protein was clumpy when mixing.

Objectively I quite like the Kaizen chocolate, and certainly more than the vanilla. Funny, we got another tub of protein from someone (Perfect Protein?) and most of the family refused to drink it. Not wanting it to go to waste (like a true RFDer), I started 'cutting' it with the Kaizen, and all I heard was 'I still taste that other protein'. hahaha

To me I like the neutrality of the chocolate. I don't want it sweet or too powerful a flavour, but usually it's mixed in a shake with fruit and other ingredients so it just blends (no pun intended) into the background. I don't drink it straight.
Dec 15, 2017
158 posts
158 upvotes
Nanaimo
Thanks OP. Have been waiting for months for Kaizen to go on sale in-store. Luckily we stocked up last time, but running low now.
I love the smell of savings in the morning...(PT).
Nov 12, 2012
750 posts
464 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks op, I missed the last sale and was running low.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4227 posts
2951 upvotes
They changed the formula (at least for the vanilla flavour) as it was 150 cal and 0.5 g fat per serving and now it's 170 cal and 1.5 g fat per serving. I don't understand why this was necessary.