• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 7:02 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2014
148 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Costco] Costco.ca: Kohler Semiprofessional Kitchen Faucet $289.99

Really nice Kohler Kitchen Faucet - only on sale once awhile on Costco.ca. Prices are higher elsewhere. Great if you're looking for a kitchen faucet show piece!

https://www.costco.ca/kohler-semiprofes ... 05809.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 21st, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
18 replies
Jun 15, 2019
207 posts
309 upvotes
My wife would not allow something this ugly even though I do the dishes...
Sep 25, 2015
489 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rokask wrote: My wife would not allow something this ugly even though I do the dishes...
Since you are the dishwasher , I assume she does the cooking ?
Oct 30, 2017
291 posts
312 upvotes
London, ON
How does a semiprofessional one compare to a professional one...I mean I have been using faucets for over 30 years...am I a professional?
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1349 posts
1469 upvotes
775681 wrote: How does a semiprofessional one compare to a professional one...I mean I have been using faucets for over 30 years...am I a professional?
This one says "professional-style" so I wonder if that just means its trying to copy a professional one I guess which is why it says "semi". But what the hell is the difference.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4136 posts
2664 upvotes
simplypop wrote: This one says "professional-style" so I wonder if that just means its trying to copy a professional one I guess which is why it says "semi". But what the hell is the difference.
I think you're right - it's just a professional style, but likely not built to professional quality standards with a professional price tag.

I don't know much about kitchen faucets, but the reviews look encouraging and compared to the $250usd price tag over at costco.com, the price seems good, but might not qualify as a hot deal.

https://www.costco.com/kohler-semi-prof ... 04330.html
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15951 posts
17189 upvotes
Oakville
775681 wrote: How does a semiprofessional one compare to a professional one...I mean I have been using faucets for over 30 years...am I a professional?
It just looks like a "professional" one that they use in commercial kitchens, because they don't care how they look.
Jun 2, 2007
442 posts
496 upvotes
Markham
I have this and this is the usual price at Costco. Good price compared to other big box stores and it comes with the soap dispenser. It has gone down to $249 I believe; I tried to price match but I was too late
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2006 posts
2566 upvotes
GTA
simplypop wrote: This one says "professional-style" so I wonder if that just means its trying to copy a professional one I guess which is why it says "semi". But what the hell is the difference.
You probably don't want a pro pre-rinse faucet in your kitchen.
1. They're a lot taller, with not mush in the way of looks.
3. They will splash more (see item 1), but who cares in an industrial kitchen with huge stainless sinks?

Here's some info: https://www.fermag.com/articles/9669-ho ... inse-unit/
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2787 posts
1353 upvotes
The faucet body sprayer part unscrews from the flex hose. Its a disposable part. We run 3/4" pex to the hot and cold ports. The faucet hot and cold are separate cartridges and are cheap to replace. The back part of the faucet is fixed to the wall. The flexible part starts after that.

Example:

post above is the same link Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2698 posts
1064 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: I think you're right - it's just a professional style, but likely not built to professional quality standards with a professional price tag.

I don't know much about kitchen faucets, but the reviews look encouraging and compared to the $250usd price tag over at costco.com, the price seems good, but might not qualify as a hot deal.

https://www.costco.com/kohler-semi-prof ... 04330.html
I just found out recently that big box stores such as Home Depot or Lowes will have Moen faucets that look exactly the same as a model sold in a different store. But the price is cheaper, because they are using cheaper parts internally, as a result of getting a big box deal with the manufacturer. That's apparently where the model #1234 vs #1234-A comes into play.

That makes me wonder about some of the goods sold at Costco lately. Like a Sypder fleece jacket. The price was too good to be true, and when I picked it up, it was definitely thinner than other Sypder fleece pullovers I've seen at stores like Sporting Life. I could actually see the light passing through the fabric because it wasn't dense enough.

I wonder if this faucet is similar. Looks the part, but the internals might not be the top tier stuff.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22109 posts
165751 upvotes
GTA
I know it's a matter of personal taste, but I never understood / saw the appeal of these coil ones...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4136 posts
2664 upvotes
In the Jan 21 - Feb 3 Home Hardware flyer, they have a similar style faucet minus the soap dispenser on sale for between $110-$145 depending on the finish. Location may affect pricing. The Kohler from Costco is likely the superior product, but these ones might be worth considering given the difference in price.

Chrome $110 (reg. $180)
Brushed Nickel $125 (reg. $230)
Matte Black $145 (reg. $200)
Feb 19, 2013
80 posts
125 upvotes
Calgary
Kohler is great, lifetime warranty on all their faucets. Any leaks or issues, you just email them and they'll send you the new part. It's a higher upfront cost, but you shouldn't need to buy another faucet ever again
May 19, 2020
56 posts
21 upvotes
In commercial Kitchen this would bigger and have more water pressure as it in the dish pit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6004 posts
1861 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm not going to lie, I only clicked this thread to find out what a professional faucet looked like