Costco

Costco.ca: Louisiana Grills SL Series 1000 Pellet Grill with Cover $499.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2022 3:53 pm
[OP]
Nov 4, 2018
5 posts
32 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Louisiana Grills SL Series 1000 Pellet Grill with Cover $499.97

I think this is a pretty good price...

It is $100 off then an additional $200 off at checkout.

$499+tax delivered (reg $799)
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 29th, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
75 replies
Jun 19, 2009
223 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg
Face With Tears Of Joy I'm tempted to buy it.. but I still have the Princess Auto pellet grill from couple of years ago... These pellet grills are heavy and not the easiest to get rid of.

Good price OP
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3542 posts
2184 upvotes
West Coast
This is a solid deal, especially with cover. Of note, the US Costco shows a rating of 4.3 out of 169 reviews, which is a much larger sample size than the 8 reviews on the Canadian Costco site.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2602 posts
1795 upvotes
I noticed everyone has one of these nowadays (both my neighbors to my left and right has one)

Have they just become cheaper and accessible? These used to be mucho dinero not too long ago
Sep 4, 2013
244 posts
242 upvotes
Edmonton
Biscayne05 wrote: I noticed everyone has one of these nowadays (both my neighbors to my left and right has one)

Have they just become cheaper and accessible? These used to be mucho dinero not too long ago
Well. The fact that 499 is unheard of a few years ago should answer the question. Other than the Princess auto deal in 2020, this is probably the best deal (love my PA pellet grill!)
Apr 9, 2018
406 posts
175 upvotes
GTA
Doesn't seem to have wifi. Not saying I expect it at this price but isn't wifi huge value for smokers? I'm asking because I have no actual experience with smokers but seems like it would be a gamechanger.
Nov 20, 2008
437 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Biscayne05 wrote: I noticed everyone has one of these nowadays (both my neighbors to my left and right has one)

The higher brands like Traeger, Green Mountain Grills, etc. are $1k+ but they have BT/Wifi.
Nov 20, 2008
437 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Great price, plus the added benefit of Costco return policy/warranty in case there are any issues.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5787 posts
2037 upvotes
Toronto
Well, I just bought a Traeger for 2X this price, that I was quite happy with until this deal showed up. Face With Tears Of Joy
Is wifi/BT worth $500? Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3542 posts
2184 upvotes
West Coast
243 available when this deal was posted, now there are 234. Lots left!
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4463 posts
5446 upvotes
wcheng wrote: These pellet grills are heavy and not the easiest to get rid of.
Sounds like my mother in law
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3496 posts
2691 upvotes
GTA
wcheng wrote: These pellet grills are heavy and not the easiest to get rid of
Here @ GTA all you do is leave them out with your garbage, they will be either picked up by the city OR those roving metal scavengers
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4463 posts
5446 upvotes
Milfshake wrote: So tempting...
Gas grill, charcoal, smoker, griddle....
Welcome to 2022

Back porch is starting to look like the Canadian equivalent of an Alabama redneck's front yard full of rusted cars.
Last edited by KravenHead on Jun 29th, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 19, 2009
223 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have a weber gas bbq, weber kettle bbq, princess auto pellet grill.. my wife will for sure kill me if I get another bbq... a kamado joe 2 costco deal for under $900 will be the nails to my coffin.
Nov 23, 2006
470 posts
294 upvotes
Ontario
If I didn't have the Princess Auto pellet grill, I'd be jumping all over this. Even now I'm tempted to see if I can just sell my other grill to a neighbour and buy this (like the idea of the direct sear, and probably a better seal on the door). Decisions, decisions...
Jun 19, 2009
223 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg
xmanofsteel69 wrote: If I didn't have the Princess Auto pellet grill, I'd be jumping all over this. Even now I'm tempted to see if I can just sell my other grill to a neighbour and buy this (like the idea of the direct sear, and probably a better seal on the door). Decisions, decisions...
I feel your pain.. and I have similar thoughts too. the PA pellet grill is still alive and performing well. I dislike the grill door because it keeps on closing on its own with the slightest of wind breeze (flawed design in its hinge). I had to lift the grill to my deck from my garage.. the thought of getting rid of it deters me from jumping on this grill as a replacement.
Dec 1, 2012
68 posts
71 upvotes
This is a fantastic Deal and I would not hesitate to pick it up due to the lack of Bluetooth / Wifi.

I have a Weber SmokeFire, and I rarely use the app to change temperature. It’s useful to tell me the grill finished warming up / hit temperature, if I’m low on pellets, and if the fire goes out. Those benefits are not worth an extra $500.

The actual cooking is done with my Meater temperature probes - which tell me what is more important - that the food is done.
Last edited by ReGenesis on Jun 29th, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Ticket