Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Marcy Pro Standard Weight bench with 100 lbs of weights $259.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 2:19 pm
[OP]
Sep 18, 2018
74 posts
221 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Marcy Pro Standard Weight bench with 100 lbs of weights $259.99

Back in stock
64 available
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 31st, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title, added url
11 replies
Mar 3, 2020
92 posts
85 upvotes
Review:
Don't do it, even if you are desperate
Apparently bar is flimsy and the weight the bench advertises it can hold is 300 pounds. So ~180 pound person can't load up a standard bar and two plates for a pretty average/intermediate bench workout.
Dec 29, 2013
823 posts
492 upvotes
Montr
I bought one last week and supposed to arrive today
I just want something cheap and allow me to do some casual lifting instead of sitting in front of TV so hoping that it’s Ok for that purpose
Oct 19, 2010
151 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Desperadude wrote: I bought one last week and supposed to arrive today
I just want something cheap and allow me to do some casual lifting instead of sitting in front of TV so hoping that it’s Ok for that purpose
I'm in the same boat. I'm not expecting a luxury gym bench and weight set from this, nor should that be expected at $260.

This should be sufficient for some causal workouts combined with some outdoor cardio.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2020 posts
1237 upvotes
YYZ
300 lb weight capacity is a deal breaker for me.
i weigh 200, and i can't even use two 50 lb dumbbells for bench.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Mar 25, 2015
41 posts
68 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I pulled the trigger on this, if it's total dogshit and I don't use it I can return... My Dad had a treadmill for honestly 3+ years and decided to bring it back to Costco and they took it - so I doubt it'll be an issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2351 posts
212 upvotes
Waterloo
wow looks like a complete waste of money, unless you maybe 70+year olds... 300lb weight capacity? Wow.
Dec 29, 2013
823 posts
492 upvotes
Montr
Vladimir wrote: wow looks like a complete waste of money, unless you maybe 70+year olds... 300lb weight capacity? Wow.
Different needs at different budgets. It’s like saying a small car is a waste of money because you prefer SUV
Mar 25, 2015
41 posts
68 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
soupmaster666 wrote: That's ignorant. I wouldn't go around telling everyone that.
MY DAD HAD A TREADMILL FOR HONESTLY 3+ YEARS AND DECIDED TO BRING IT BACK TO COSTCO AND THEY TOOK IT - SO I DOUBT IT'LL BE AN ISSUE.

Who are we keeping this secret from? I didn't say he verbally abused the return clerk until they wept. He didn't really use it and he went to see if they'd take it back, and they did. Sorry if that somehow hurts your feelings airing that, (I'm assuming) CEO of Costco.